F430 Capristo manifolds - how loud are they in dB? | FerrariChat

F430 Capristo manifolds - how loud are they in dB?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by csb, Oct 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. csb

csb Rookie

Apr 1, 2007
    Hi

Firstly apologies for probably being registered for maybe ten years or so and probably not posting before. I have had a F355, 550, 360 and currently an F430 all manual.

I'm currently on my second set of Ferrari manifolds and think they are going again (or could be a loose screw, loose gasket) and thinking of getting the Capristo ones here in the UK.

I would like to know if it's likely to fail noise tests and if anyone has actually measured the static dB level for a standard exhaust with Capristo manifolds. I think I found a thread with a capristo exhaust with the dB level but not specifically the manifolds. I'm guessing Thruxton (90dB) and Bedford will be out but hoping other circuits around the 102dB would be ok?

Many thanks

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    If you have the cat converters installed and a stock muffler, no where near 98db.

3. JSP

JSP Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Steve

4. csb

csb Rookie

Apr 1, 2007
    Hi tbakowsky - what are the cat converters? I would retain the standard rear exhaust.

5. csb

csb Rookie

Apr 1, 2007
    ok well I bought the Capristo ones! hope it's not too LOUD! and doesn't put the CEL on too much :(