355 headers/manifold | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 headers/manifold

Discussion in '348/355' started by nunojcmaia, Oct 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The superformance headers look nice, however the only thing that I noticed from pictures that I have seen are the tubes don’t look like they are mandrel bent. Tubi’s are mandrel bent. If the headers are gas purged welded, welding on a bend wont’t effect anything.

2. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Found them, must say I have never heard of them until today.
    Quite complex in design.

Attached Files:

3. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    I wish people would just stop trying to save a few dollars. Spend the money for Tubi and dont look back. You will never regret putting in the best out there. I've had mine in for over 10 years now. They are simply the best by far.

Tubi Sales likes this.
  4. Jackie and bill

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Clearly not every one has pockets as deep as yours :rolleyes: Saving over 2 grand is far from a few dollars.
    I am sure there are many who have had many years of un problematic service from other aftermarket/custom headers including fabspeeds.
    Some times I read in disbelief the righteous bs I read on here. Have you heard your self.

michaelz likes this.
  5. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    We are talking about a Ferrari are we not? Deep pockets are needed just to buy one. If you can't afford an extra couple thousand then what makes you think that an owner will spend money on a service or just basic maintenance? This is why we constantly see so many mistreated 355s for sale at cheap prices. Then we get those buyers bashing the model because they didn't do their DD. That is why there is such a huge difference in the price of a 355....There are well maintained cars by people with "deep pockets" and those others. These are not daily driver cars for those who cant afford them.

6. Jackie and bill

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Ah I see, thanks for educating us.
    So if one does not spend 4-5 k on a set of tubi manifolds, any one who spends 2k less less on other makes , are naturally owners of less maintained 355s. Got that, thanks :)

7. ahsan127

ahsan127 Karting

Jun 28, 2015
    I’ve had supersprint on one of my other cars. Had to send the first set back due to a leak. The replacement they sent free of charge had fitment issues...eventually got it in. PITA but it sounds amazing.
    I ultimately went with Tubi for the 355. The price difference when you ceramic coat the Fabspeed or if you get the heat shields is not significant. IMO you need those to get the engine temp down as much as possible in the 355.

8. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    if I had a 355 with aftermarket headers I would Swain coat them, I have had regular ceramic coating before on other cars before and it is not the same as the swain stuff.

phrogs likes this.
  9. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    You just don't get it but Ive seen it before. BTW what year is your 355? Tubi sales might give you a good deal on one.

10. Jackie and bill

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Why would I want to buy another set of tubi headers after I have already a new set of problem free tubular headers?

FLORIDAsnakeEyes likes this.
  11. lanab

lanab Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2016
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It's always a price/performance analysis, no doubt Fabspeeds offering is great for what you get.

12. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Are the Tubi's a 4-1 collector? Or 2-2-1?

13. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    They are a proper 4-2-1

Steve355F1, Tubi Sales and WATSON like this.
  14. nunojcmaia

nunojcmaia Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2004
    porto - portugal
    Full Name:
    nuno maia
    Thank you for all your advice and opinions. They were, in fact, very helpful in my decision making.
    I decided to buy the Tubi manifolds. The originals were out of the question. The Fabspeed had to be imported from the USA, because there is no representative in Europe that I know of, and that poses huge customs problems compared to an UE import. Supersprint is little known and I could not get enough information. Have a replica made, in a non-specialized workshop, does not give me confidence. And I think that the tubi having heat protection is very important
    Thanks again!

jimmym, GerryD and Tubi Sales like this.
  15. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter Karting

Jul 15, 2014
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Dayan
    Out of interest, where did you buy them from Nuno? I could be in the market for some myself in the near future.

Tubi Sales likes this.
  16. nunojcmaia

nunojcmaia Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2004
    porto - portugal
    Full Name:
    nuno maia
    Hi Daisy,
    It was my mechanic from the shop where I usually take the car who placed the order. I believe it was at Eurospares (UK). The Tuby representative, here in Portugal, is the Ferrari dealer, but with these guys is impossible to negotiate, they are arrogant and unprofessional.

DaisyCutter likes this.
  17. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes eurospares has the best price on them. The Tubis are really the only way to go. They won't go bad or cook the engine bay.

DaisyCutter likes this.
  18. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    European orders are normally placed through Eurospares while you have us for North America.

19. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    So why so much more expensive in the USA?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
  21. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Same price differential 10 years ago. I went to Australia for my set then. Could not justify the domestic price.
    JD

MAD828 likes this.
  22. goose22b

goose22b Rookie

Aug 11, 2017
    Prosper, TX
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Something something trade war, something something steel prices.

J/K, I have no idea if that's the case.

23. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

Thats would pay for the plain ticket alone for me
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm :)

24. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    A simple answer to that was to fight the grey market in Europe so that people in Europe would purchase from European dealers versus North American dealers when the Dollar was a lot stronger. Yes, there are flaws to this logic since essentially it caused a grey market with the North American market but rules are rules~.

25. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Bad business is what it is. I don't know of anyone but the naïve who buy Tubi products from US dealers. Sorry Mike.

tatry68 likes this.