Door scoop removal help needed | FerrariChat

Door scoop removal help needed

Discussion in '348/355' started by 05elise, Oct 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I am attempting to remove the driver's side door scoop on my 355 to gain access to the broken lower rear window channel bracket in order to repair it. I have the 3 upper Allen head screws, the 2 forward 10mm nylock nuts and the two lower 10mm nylock nuts removed and even though the lower part of the scoop swings easily away from the door frame (enough that I am able to insert my hand into the door from the bottom to verify the bracket is indeed broken) the top edge that fits slightly under the upper metal door skin refuses to release. Supposedly the scoop panel should just fall away from the door once all the attachment screws are removed, but this one acts like there is still something like two sided adhesive tape holding in the upper edge of the scoop to the door. I do not want to force the scoop and potentially damage it so any recommendations on how to get the upper edge of the scoop to release would be greatly appreciated.

2. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Never mind guys, I just got it off with no damage to anything. The anti-rub buffer tape the factory used along the top edge of the scoop panel and become sticky with age and glued the top edge of the scoop to the door. It was glued so tightly I had to use a plastic interior pry bar to separate the panels!

Qavion and Ga68_ like this.