360 - Replacement Tool and Inflator Straps | FerrariChat

360 Replacement Tool and Inflator Straps

Discussion in '360/430' started by Neil22, Oct 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Neil22

Neil22 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2018
    Oxford CT
    Full Name:
    Neil Silberkleit
    The pleather tool and inflator straps in my 360 deteriorated to the point of no return.
    It seems very strange to me that $150,000+ Ferrari would use the cheapest material to make these straps.

There had been a lot of discussion about finding shops to make these straps from real leather.

While searching for a local company to make the straps I found this company called Two Redbirds out of Texas, who make real leather straps for 360’s.

I ordered the straps and they are very close to original except made of real leather.

Below are pictures I took of the deteriorated straps and the new ones I ordered.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Look very nice.

3. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    There are a few more threads detailing Randy's (Two Red Birds) work. He has been making leather accessories for a while now but recently has started making the straps for several Ferrari models. Not only does he do the inflator and tool kit straps but I believe he has patterns for the spare tire mount group as well.

4. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    I wish I knew of them years ago when I bought a new set of cheap OEM crap to replace the cheap crap that came with the car. I didn’t think outside the box...

5. Rjoselaw

Rjoselaw Karting

Mar 10, 2019
    Southlake, Texas
    Full Name:
    Raj J
    Thank you for the referral. I need to replace mine and these look perfect and priced nicely too!

Ghostdiver likes this.
  6. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    If it makes you feel better, I first contacted him about my straps in December 2017 and he used my original straps as a pattern! Even though he recently started doing the straps, he has been doing leatherwork for sometime now.

7. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    That looks really nice.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

8. Neil22

Neil22 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2018
    Oxford CT
    Full Name:
    Neil Silberkleit
    Quick note when you go to install - they are riveted to the carpet in the back and the floor. You will need to remove the rear carpet to install the inflator or spare tire straps. and yes he makes the spare tire straps as well. Fast service excellent quality.

9. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    I think that makes me feel even worse. ;)

10. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    The straps from Randy are very good quality but to really make it right I matched the OEM color with dye from a local source and used my airbrush to spray the straps for a better match to the tool case.

f355spider likes this.
  11. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Since he was matching to my car (99), it may have been a little off in regards models after that. However, I think I remember the tool kit was a little off compared to the original strap on mine anyway. In the end at least it's real leather instead of the whatever the factory stuff is!

12. rwk360

rwk360 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    R W Kenton
    I haven't yet attempted the strap replacement, though this is on my to-do list. I thought I saw from an old post that the rivets can simply be drilled out, new straps fitted, and then secured with new pop rivets; ie no0 carpet, etc removal necessary.

13. Neil22

Neil22 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2018
    Oxford CT
    Full Name:
    Neil Silberkleit
    Not true - all the straps except for the floor have small metal plates that will drop once the rivets are drilled out.
    The ones on the bottom carpet can be drilled out without removal since the rivet uses the floor as the metal plate.
    Make sure you size the new rivets correctly.
    removal of the carpet is easy - careful with the plastic rivets on the right side of the carpet - they are available if they break