MIR 2020, Båstad, Sweden, Registration opens tomorrow! | FerrariChat

MIR 2020, Båstad, Sweden, Registration opens tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by FastFreddie, Oct 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FastFreddie

FastFreddie Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    Hi fellow Maseratifriends!

Tomorrow on October 15, we open registration for the 2020 International Maserati rally. The rally will take place at Hotel Riviera Strand in Båstad, in the south of Sweden between June 25-28. We expect a big interest and the last few years the rallies were fully booked within a few days. So if you plan to participate or want more information go to: mir2020.se

See you in Båstad!

2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    The 2010 event organized by the Swedish club, also in Baastad, was fabulous and I can highly recommend attending, I was very proud of the job done by the club in my native country and I can't wait to be there! By the way for non Swedes proper pronunciation of the city is Bowstad.

71Satisfaction likes this.
  3. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    ..is that proper Skåne-dialect?? o_O:D.. because that is something else entirely, even for Swedes. ;)

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I just cooked that up I as phonetic spelling because I did not want some idiot to say it sounds like Bastard, which happened ten years ago so now I have exorcised it;-)

Actually Skane region dialect is horrible it would sound out as Berrrrsta

What matters is that it will be a super event:)!

71Satisfaction likes this.
  5. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    Indeed. Looks like a beautiful area.
    - The US$ is strong, about 9.8SEK per dollar and the location is very convenient to Continental Europe..
    RoRo shipping from Montreal or Newark to nearby Gøteborg hovers around $1,400 one way. The MIR2020 weekend is under $2,000. Then spend the rest of the summer driving your Maserati around Europe....
    What's not to love?
    - Art

6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yes it would be nice if some Americans joined us, bear in mind some Italians drove Up to the same event in 2010, that is about 2000kms each way, 1300 miles up and down. two Greeks actually boarded ferries from Athens to Italy with their 4200's and drove up as well.

It is simple enough to organise and all Americans I know who have toured Europe with their own classics loved it so I certainly recommend taking the plunge.

7. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Unfortunately Given that most Americans would probably only do 1 maybe 2 events in Europe a year, there are a lot of other events in Europe this year that would probably be higher on the must attend list.

besides the usual Villa d’Este and Mille Miglia in May, there is now the Motor Valley Fest in Modena and the Monaco Historic Races. This year is also a Le Mans Classic year and apparently the Torino event is moving to Monza to try to create an Italian Goodwood.

Have the locations been set for future MIRs? Could see a decent turnout of Americans at an MIR that coincided with the Motor Valley Fest in Modena.

8. FastFreddie

FastFreddie Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    Hi everyone and thanks for the interest in the Swedish version of the 40th International Maserati rally. I agree that we can not compete with the events you mention, but I am sure we can add our own flavour to this event. How many of you have celebrated a proper midsommarfest (midsummer celebration) in the country where it was invented by the vikings a thousand years ago? This you can not experience at Villa d’Este. We can also offer a nice rally on beautiful roads with not too much traffic. Just for information: After the first day of opening the registration, about 50% of the available spots are filled. It would be fantastic if we had some american participants. If you ship your car to Gothenburg, it is only appx 1,5 h drive on the highway to Båstad.

71Satisfaction and Nembo1777 like this.
  9. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    What I mentioned really only applies to individuals traveling from North America. If you live in Europe it can be a long weekend event, not a big deal to attend, and Maserati owners should.

71Satisfaction and Nembo1777 like this.
  10. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    For North Americans, once the shipping cost is a given, there could be every reason to enjoy several driving vacations to take advantage of that investment. Store the car, fly back to the States for a few weeks and return to drive to subsequent events.. Monaco Historic 8-10th, MM the 13th, Villa d'Este 22-24th of May. Return for Bårstad June 25-28 then LeMans Classic July 3-5.. continue to Italy and ferry across to Greece for shipment back from Athens/Pireas. ..or back into storage until Goodwood in Sept?

Food for thought, anyone?
    - Art

Nembo1777 likes this.