Elton is becoming the new Alonso...in terms of BS i mean ! | FerrariChat

Elton is becoming the new Alonso...in terms of BS i mean !

Discussion in 'F1' started by furoni, Oct 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    “For many Ferrari is the last dream of a career. I do not like that. Since I was 13 years old, I have belonged to the Mercedes family. That will hardly change," Hamilton told Blick.

There have been rumors that the 34-year-old racer could soon be leaving Mercedes in search of a new challenge. A lot of pundits have suggested Hamilton could follow the footsteps of legends such as Niki Lauda, Schumacher and Fernando Alonso and head to Ferrari next.

However, Hamilton has other ideas. When asked if he has thoughts to join Ferrari at the end of his current contract, the Brit immediately replied," Not really."

"Although I have no doubt that I could also change some things for the better there. But that is not my goal. It took six years to make Mercedes a winning team and keep it at the top. Now we have an atmosphere full of love, appreciation, admiration and respect. You do not just give that up," Hamilton added.

So, Everyone knows Elton as 0 chances of going to Ferrari, nobody there want's him, not even for free (same as Alonso but somehow, both of them like to pretend that somehow they could go if they wanted!!
    But what i love the most is Elton claiming he could change Ferrari for the better, trying to grab some credit for turning mercedes into such a dominant team! Sure Elton, we all know you great contribution to the team development, just don't ask him to press any buttonslolololo

stavura, daytona355 and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  2. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    No need for Hammy. LeClerc is the future. Hammy is going back to McLaren and Max will end up at MB assuming Honda can’t deliver.

3. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Louis won't be in the Ferrari garage.

Other Hams are a much better fit... Prosciutto di Parma,... Culatello di Zibello.

4. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Not a fan of LH, but speaking somewhat objectively...he has spanked Ferrari for the better part of his career. Why would he be in awe of going there? Some people just aren’t nostalgic.

There’s a parallel in my home town of Toronto....it’s considered the Mecca of hockey...but hasn’t won or even come close to a championship in 50 years...yet fans all think every player wants to play there. In the reality of modern sports, they have to pay a premium to attract any decent talent, if at all...or wait until that talent is old and washed up and can’t get a contract anywhere else.
    The lure of the golden years just isn’t that big of a deal with modern athletes who want a)to maximize their chances of championships, or b)maximum contract value. They aren’t there for the the t-shirt.

ricksb, vinuneuro, Ryan... and 5 others like this.
  5. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Ham publicly says he doesn't want to go simply because he knows he is not wanted.

6. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Jeez, how many times does he need to say that he won't go to Ferrari. We all got it, man, and honestly, I don't give a **** anyway.

7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It's the media that keep asking the same question and stirring up that ****.

ricksb, jimmyb, Jakuzzi and 3 others like this.
  8. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    On this we agree.

And I do think if Ham had an ideal plan play out it would be something like win 8 WDC with Merc, break all of Schumi's records, then be the driver that secures Scuderia Ferrari's next WDC. Maybe not.

daytona355 likes this.
  9. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Where I grew up every kid who could skate wanted to be a Blackhawk. I couldn't skate to save myself. Ironically, one of my dormmates from college couldn't skate either, but he is in the Hockey Hall of Fame.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hahahaha, he keeps pretending he doesn’t want to go.... but we all know Ferrari never ever wanted him...... hehehe... what a tool. LeClerc would spank him every which way

stavura likes this.
  11. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    daytona355, fil and stavura like this.
  12. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I'm not going to be driving for Ferrari, either.

So there.

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    What i loved was him implying he has worked very hard to make Mercedes a successfull team, and that he could do the same at Ferrari, lolo, sure, i bet that with all his vegan food, they could attach his ass to the tailpipes, all that farting should give him a good boost for a few seconds!!!

daytona355, fil and stavura like this.
  14. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    I say he should definitely come, so that people can finally see just how average he is when he is not in a dominant car.

....And he may be a tool, but he is not stupid. He is fully aware that if he did move to Ferrari, LEC would give him an absolute pasting!

15. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I stumbled across these gems when I was just searching the points standings. It's sad ham is such a tortured soul (despite being 64 points clear of his teammate for WDC lead). Perhaps he does need to leave F1 for Formula E at the end of this season and help save the world.

"I'm sad right now with the thought of where this world is going"

"Go Vegan, it is the only way to truly save our planet"

"Honestly I feel like giving up on everything. Shut down completely. Why bother when the world is such a mess and people don't seem to care."

https://sports.ndtv.com/formula-1/lewis-hamilton-despairs-of-worlds-future-says-i-feel-like-giving-up-on-everything-2117495

16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    He never wanted Ferrari, I don't blame him, as he said, he is winning and they are losing, nuff said.

ATBNM3, jehu999 and william like this.
  17. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    ...... And you are a troll!

kes7u and fil like this.
  18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I didn't even start the thread, but somehow i'm the troll, truth hurts

Mbutner, ATBNM3 and william like this.
  19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Poor thing, i feel for him, life is so unfair, he has to work for that evil Toto that's always making him doi all the hard work for a misery salary while rewarding that sneaky Bottas...how can he keep it up!!!

daytona355 likes this.
  20. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

After probably bagging his 5th WDC title with Mercedes, the best racing organisation of the decade, why would Hamilton want to join a dysfunctional team like the Scuderia ? It wouldn't make sense.

I'm 360 Canuck and ktu like this.
  21. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

6th !

I agree. No point losing his advantage.

Mercedes remains the dominant package over race distance.

daytona355 likes this.
  22. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    This year is not the peak for Hamilton and Mercedes. The slide down hill has already started. Yes they won both championships this year...but the bloom is off the rose...the invincible dominant energy just isn't there anymore. Since they came back from the summer break, they win when Ferrari drops the ball. Bottas is the new Hulkenberg...always a bridesmaid but never the bride...close but no cigar. He's got a good five years ahead of him (if F1 lasts that long).

Beating on Hamilton is boring and old news. There are more interesting drivers with more future to focus on...Lando has much room to grown, Sainz I'm not so sure about...Alba yes...Gasly I'm not ready to count out...Max yes but maybe not able to go as high and many hoped...Ricardo is another Bottas. I'm going to be watching to see what Ocon does, don't care if people in the pits say this or that about him, I want to see what he does when he gets back on the track.

Russel seems to be dragging the Williams up the grid...but not sure how long he can survive driving for the slowest team on the track. I'll bet they replace Kubica with Hulkenberg. Both Haas drivers need to be replaced...maybe Russel could show up there. Both Racing Point drivers are just filler for the grid...no future for either of them or the team.

Charles is the immediate future for Ferrari. Vettel is the new Kimi...uninspired but competent. Unless Ferrari can steal Norris, Vettel will be there next year.

Hard to know what to say about the Alfa drivers...they might as well be racing for Williams. Again, more grid filler.

As Redbull, unless Honda produces a miracle engine they seem to be stuck in a rut...the Bottas of teams. On the other hand if Renault can find the horsepower it could launch both Renault and McLaren into competition at the front.

Right now F1 could use 5 new drivers and dump 5 current ones.

I'm 360 Canuck and classic308 like this.
  23. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hammy never turned a loser into a winner, something Schumey has done.

24. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

We suffer and yet, endure.......

25. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Seriously? Right column is WCC, Name in bold is WDC. Merc wasn't doing much with Shummey and Nico. The Lewis got on board.

Image Unavailable, Please Login