F8 - Is there any chance I can order a F8 in Canada without previously owing a Ferrari | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 Is there any chance I can order a F8 in Canada without previously owing a Ferrari

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by triplekg, Oct 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Rancho Mirage, Newport, Ferrari South Bay (Torrance).

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Aah yes- didn’t think to go that Far East for Rancho Mirage.

3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    In Canada and at Ferrari Ontario, you will not get one right away. A deposit placed today, will not see a car arrive before 18 months. Spiders will be a year later. I placed a deposit and spec’d the car in July. After communicating with the dealer today, not even close to getting an approximate delivery date. Realistically , Q3 of 2020. First allocations for Feb were advised today with delivery sometime in April.

4. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    BH, South Bay, Westlake, Rancho and Newport.

SoCal to az likes this.
  5. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Algar is the only dealer in the entire state of PA.

6. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Like I said no one placing a deposit today is getting a car by March no matter who thinks the F8 is dime a dozen. Demand is strong for any new mid-engined Ferrari. There have been people on Fchat hating on every new model since 1999. Yes there are more dealers in Southern Cal. but there's a hell of a lot more people trying to get an allocation in California then the North East.

Dicecal and mkraft3003 like this.
  7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I doubt Canadian dealers play the game seen in California and similar areas. No experience, but just not seeing it being an issue. I don't think Canada has the silly rules about what dealer you can and cannot use.

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Ferrari LA in Van Nuys and Blackhorse. There's also South Bay in Torrence.

9. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Please enlighten us about your inside knowledge of the allocations that guarantees an F8 in March if an order is placed today at you local dealership

10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    You are misreading his comment. He states that " no one placing a deposit today is getting a car by March".

11. Texas2step

Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Thanks for the correction

Coincid likes this.
  12. Texas2step

Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Agree with you. Sorry I misread your post

13. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Let's not turn in this into LA vs PA allocation pissing contest (let alone the op is from Canada). I was simply stating what I know in LA and how the supply and demand works in the favor of customers (both new and old).

When I was in Vegas, I was actually told to just rent a place in Vegas to get the address and then I can get an allocation of a new 812. But I already knew the cold facial expression of my wife trying to trade in her FF, so I didn't do it.

There are simply many ways to counter the dealer's stupid games to play us like a puppy. I am done with Porsche, and is adamant to refuse to play any more of Ferrari dealer games after three Fs. If I don't get a new allocation of 812 GTS, I will get my way around it after my wife is willing to let go of her FF.

That's all I was saying. Peace.

14. Lovedriving

Lovedriving Karting

Jul 14, 2018
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Eric D'Amours
    I passed by Ferrari of Ontario last week to inquire about the F8. They are open to any new F8 orders with delivery by Summer 2020. They’ll also have a demo by then. Clearly not like the Ferrari approach of the past.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Just spoke to Adriano at Ferrari Ontario and he was quite upset about this false claim about getting delivery by summer 2020 by placing a deposit today. Absolutely not possible.

mkraft3003 likes this.
  16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Question. I don't have a dog in this fight and have never been to Ferrari Ontario. But could it possibly be that the post here is not based on delibarete misinformation, but rather a case of another salesperson feeding a potential customer B.S to try and get a sale? Or perhaps that salesman did not intend for that info to be posted here?

To claim someone is spreading false information, is saying that they are lying. That's a pretty serious allegation. Not sure what one would gain by posting the info he did. It's not like it will secure him an allocation or the like. It seems like nothing more than conveying info he got from talking to an unnamed person at FoO. Perhaps Adriano should look into who told this FChat member that deliveries could be in summer 2020.

Not sure why he even got upset. All he has to do is smile and say, "There has been a misunderstanding"..
    If I was the GM or the like, and this was either confidential or untrue, I would be more upset with the staff that had disclosed or fed the B.S if it is B.S.

Just worth keeping inmind where the info originates from.

17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #42 Coincid, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    I am not concerned about motive nor the issue of malfeasance of the poster. I contacted my dealer rep at Ferrari Ontario with his claim and he was very angered by what he termed " absolutely false information". I am posting the dealer's reply so that those who might be under a misleading impression that they can visit this dealer, put a deposit down and receive delivery by summer will be spared of this illusion.

Adriano has been completely up front about delivery dates and if anything, has been very conservative in his projections. When I placed my deposit at the beginning of July, he cautioned that while the delivery allocations were not even close to be specified, I should not expect delivery until Q2-3 in 2020. In my last contact with him, he advised that only February allocations were received from the factory with deliveries slated for summer. No update on my delivery dates.

mkraft3003 likes this.
  18. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    I don’t have a dog in the fight either but false information is false information. It really doesn’t matter what the intent was. Someone comes on the forums and claims they stopped by the dealership and were told summer 2020. (It was probably a salesperson feeding them BS to get a sale). Another person post that he spoke to a specific person and that information was false/inaccurate/or a lie (doesn’t matter how you phrase it). I think what is important is according to the salesperson the information is false and a deposit today will not be delivered in the summer. I know this to be the case at 3 different dealerships And I think it’s important to point out false information/inaccurate information. Again, I don’t have a dog in the fight either but just because someone comes on the internet and posts something does not make it true and it is always good to have confirmation of true or false information. Just my .002

Coincid likes this.
  19. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Have you ever thought both could be right?

IN the US you can call into a F car dealer talk to three different reps and get three different answers.

What does the person saying they stopped in have to gain? Zippo.

Plus who cares. If you want a F8 go get one--doesn't matter what anyone here says or thinks :rolleyes:

IloveGT likes this.
  20. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Both people ca not be right. That is
    Both people can’t be right. That’s the point. One person may have been told something and reported it here, but that doesn’t make it accurate or correct information. You are correct that you can walk into 3 separate dealers and get 3 different answers. You can also speak to 3 separate salespeople at the same place and get 3 different answers. That doesn’t make all 3 answers correct just that some people got inaccurate or false info or misled. I also agree completely with you that if you want a F8 go order one and enjoy it! A great number of dealers will play games which hurts the brand, in my opinion.

21. Jick

Jick Rookie

Feb 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael Shaun Jackson
    This is actually NOT the case in America. Most the dealers will NOT order you a new car unless you buy a used Ferrari from them first. You might be able to order a Portofino new with no prior history.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Wrong, Ferrari mandated at least 35% first time buyers for this car. No previous purchase history, or Lusso games.

Coincid likes this.
  23. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    We are talking F8--and the answer is yes they will. Period.

24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    #49 Il Co-Pilota, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    If a potential customer goes into a dealership, and a salesman tells him so and so is possible, and then this person comes on here passing on that information in good faith. Whom should we then consider in the wrong? The poster here is simply telling us what he was told. You are completely right that two can't be right if half of the information is incorrect. But who's wrong and responsible for the wrong information being spread on these boards? I'd say it's the person who first put out the word that so and so was possible.

I think we can both agree that it is not too far fetched that a salesman has done one of these things.
    A. Given the impression of a quick delivery to make a sale, by feeding bogus information.
    B. Failed to remember that the information was on a need to know basis, and thus it was not meant for clients making general inquiries.
    C. He forgot to tell the client that the info was hush-hush.

I think it is not completely out of the realm of possibility that one of the above is the case.

There is of course option D, which is the assumption that the poster here is telling a lie. The main issue with that is, exactly was does he stand to gain? Nothing. Same goes for option E which is that he was told to keep tight about it, but chose to disclose here anyway. That would of course be rather stupid as lots of dealer staff follow us on these boards, and it will not be very hard for whom ever disclosed the information to figure out to whom he told. That would really be shooting oneself in the foot in terms of dealer relations.

So in all fairness I don't think we can say that someone came here and deliberately posted incorrect and inaccurate information with ill intentions. We can only convey the information we are given.:)

Best

25. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Who is an attorney fchatter here? We need one to settle the definition of hearsay and what it means by direct and indirect evidence. Also the difference between guess and estimate.

To me, the so called truth of Ferrari dealer practice of selling car is only fluid with times and they do not have any legal obligation to honor what they said yesterday.

That's it. 35% of F8 will go to new Ferrari owner. I find this news as creditable as Ferrari parted with pinnifarina, Ferrari made FF, Ferrari said bye to NA V8, and Ferrari making a SUV.

Ferrari is changing and so should our expectation. Period..