Stebro exhaust resonators | FerrariChat

Stebro exhaust resonators

Discussion in '308/328' started by gbutler, Oct 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    i originally posted over in the 206/246 section, but I know many 308/328 owners have a Stebro exhaust. 2 of the 4 resonators in the tail pipe have fallen out of my Stebro exhaust on my 246. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement? Apparently Stebro went out of business a few years ago.

2. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Those were damn cool.

Mike C has one and you could "tune" it as you pleased with those things. He would pull them all at track days and it would SCREAM.

I have a Tubi and always wanted to try Stebro. Guess that option is off the table now.

I would just put a saved search on eBay, sit back and wait. You'll get them eventually.

3. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    I also have a Stebro exhaust on my GT4 which the previous owner installed about 8 years ago. It is a great exhaust and sounds great. Direct to the engine, so no manifolds and ceramic coated. About a year after I bought the car nearly 6 years ago one of the resonators disappeared. My son's brother in law here in UK builds exhausts, mainly for rice racers and he offered to fabricate a new one for me from an example I gave him. I ordered two, in case. It took him a few months because as he admitted it was a bit of a bugger of a job. Anyway, I installed the first replacement, then another one disappeared. Goodness know what it hit behind me! So the second one was installed and now all are secured with Loctite.
    I researched at the time and you won't find any original Stebro ones, so you will have to have one made. I paid UK 50 pounds each, which was probably cheap as a favour from my son's brother in law.
    Good luck

4. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Buy Tubi, and be done with it, Ive had my Tubi installed for 20 years with not one problem, besides, THEY MAKE THE BEST SOUND, THAT CORRECTLY MATCHES THE CARS LINEAGE / AND ERA PERIOD...its that simple

5. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Hmm - you haven't heard my Stebro!!