Another looking for a shop for my Ferrari thread | FerrariChat

Another looking for a shop for my Ferrari thread

Discussion in 'New England' started by ixlr8, Sep 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ixlr8

ixlr8 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2015
    Eastern Shore- Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I need a major done on my 01 550 so I am looking for quality shop to get the work done. I live in Maine and there are no Ferrari service shops in this state that I am aware of, correct me if I am wrong. This means that I am going to have to transport the car a ways and I would like to limit it to the New England area. I have called a few places in NH and MA but none of the ones I have talked with seem to know the proper way to set the crank/cam timing or can't be bothered to spend the time. Most of the ones I talked with don't even have the correct equipment to do the job. According to the records I have, the last two timing belt changes were done at a Volvo dealership so I have no idea the quality of the job. I would really like a shop that knows what they are doing. The only shop I have found who seems to know the correct procedure is in NY and I would rather not ship my car that far, although I will if I have to. I have dealt with Ferrari of New England and I won't be returning there.
    Who are the quality Ferrari service shops in New England?

2. BB456MGT

BB456MGT Karting

Aug 22, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Konstantinos
    DenisB, JazzyJay and j34 like this.
  3. InlineSixx

InlineSixx Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    Nashua, NH / Newport, RI
    Full Name:
    Rick

Since Dave Feinberg (Ferrari service of Bedford) left New Hampshire and moved to Florida, we have been taking care of many of his clients who needed support on their Ferrari's. Euro Motorsport [spin off of H&M Motorworks] is located in Merrimack, NH. We have the tools and experience to handle what you described. I'll follow up with a private message.

4. Bdel

Bdel Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Hollis, NH
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Euro Motorsport in Merrimack NH would be my choice. A great shop with Ferrari knowledge and all the required Ferrari diagnostic equipment.

5. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yup, another high sign for Euro Motorsport in Merrimack.

InlineSixx likes this.
  6. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    No interest here other than adding another shop - have never used them:
    www.rpmvt.com

7. Intheflesh

Intheflesh Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Salem NH
    Full Name:
    John T
    I've used Aston Martin NE for my last 2 services (F355). Highly recommended

8. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Autohaus of Boston. Tony Fernandes. Factory trained. Reasonable and skilled based on my past experience servicing my 355 and 360. In Braintree, MA. A good haul from Maine!

Autohaus of Boston likes this.
  9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Unfortunately their Ferrari mechanic, Dave Angeloni, is no longer there. Apparently ownership needed to focus on Aston Martin and Lotus so they're no longer servicing Ferraris. Dave had taken care of my 612 there for the past 6 years.

Dave has his own shop now and just last week prepped my 612 for my drive to Scottsdale for the FCA annual meeting. You can contact Dave at 617-594-3396.

And I second John's recommendation regarding Dave.

10. ixlr8

ixlr8 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2015
    Eastern Shore- Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Update- Thanks for all the input. More shops around than I thought, and a few I have been to that I forgot about.... old age does that. I have called, or stopped into, every shop mentioned, except one. I am waiting for one last quote and I hope to have a decision made by the end of the week.
    Now I need to decide on new tires for the car, leaning towards the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Any others I should consider?

11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Pilot Sport 4S.

12. ixlr8

ixlr8 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2015
    Eastern Shore- Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #12 ixlr8, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    The Michelin web site says the Pilot Sport 4S does not fit a 550, it recommends the Pilot Super Sport.
    EDIT- The 4S come in the 255/40 for the front, but they don't come in the 295/35 for the rear.

13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ah, OK, I didn't even consider that. I would think the Pilot Super Sport is your best bet then.

14. ixlr8

ixlr8 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2015
    Eastern Shore- Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Anything has to be better than the "greasy" 6 year old Pirelli P-zero's that are on the car presently.

15. Intheflesh

Intheflesh Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Salem NH
    Full Name:
    John T
    Wow, I had no idea they are no longer servicing Ferrari there. Good to know he has his own shop.

16. Dennis S

Dennis S Rookie

Oct 19, 2019
    Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
    Full Name:
    Dennis Serrano

17. Dennis S

Dennis S Rookie

Oct 19, 2019
    Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
    Full Name:
    Dennis Serrano
    Hello, I have a 355 that needs service.
    Can you tell me the name of Dave's shop and where it is located?

18. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Dave is currently in Waltham, but may be moving soon. You can reach him at 617-594-3396

19. Jimmilew

Jimmilew Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2011
    I'm a little late to the thread and behind the times here, but I recently just moved to Vermont. Needing some service on my 360 Spider (F1 Clutch and few other things), and wondering if anyone has experience with RPM in Vergennes? Thanks for any feedback ya'll may have! JL

20. Autohaus of Boston

BANNED

Sep 11, 2017
    20 Mill lane Braintree MA 02184
    Full Name:
    Mr.Ferrari
    #20 Autohaus of Boston, Apr 11, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    Autohaus of Boston welcomes you, please check us out on our home page autohaus of boston .com and on ferrarichat, Guive us a call if we can help we offer pick up and delivery to your door.

Anthony James likes this.
  21. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    I haven't personally been there (yet) but from what I have heard about them is they do nice work. But I think they specialize in older vehicles, so your F1 system might be a little too new. ?? Good luck though.

22. Jimmilew

Jimmilew Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2011
    Thanks very much for letting me know. I think you are right they specialize in older cars. I don't think there are any shops in Vermont that work on newer cars, so looks like a road to trip to MA to get it done!

23. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Why would you not take it to RPM? They're top notch.

edit: no idea what car you have, so by new, I suppose it's out of their mainstay

24. Jimmilew

Jimmilew Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2011
    My car is a 360 Spider with F1, and I need a clutch replacement. They specialize in older vehicles, so I don't believe they have the diagnostic equipment they need to do the service. Too bad as having a local Vermont option would be ideal!

25. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I live in Vt also it is tough to find someone to work on an everyday driver let alone a Ferrari! I have dealt with rpmvt and they are great. I would at least give them a call if they can't help you then they may be able to recommend someone who can.