My first ever Ferrari has arrived, 2019 488 GTB [updated] now 458 Speciale. | Page 8 | FerrariChat

My first ever Ferrari has arrived, 2019 488 GTB [updated] now 458 Speciale.

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by sampelligrino, Jul 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Congratulations. Enjoy in the best of health.

Are you willing to share the build pictures here?

Gr. Martin

2. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    thanks & of course - would be nice to document in here

Things like the production pictures, renderings, and even the gifts really made for a memorable purchase from start to finish as a newcomer to the brand, so grazie mille to Ferrari and my dealer Ferrari Silicon Valley

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Sam, are you willing to accept responsibility for my divorce?

because if I see your car again I will be FORCED to purchase one and my wife will kick me out.

sampelligrino and tomc like this.
  4. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    LOL. Well let's just say I'd advise you to hold off on the 488 purchase until post divorce so the lawyers don't see anything (JK)

I didn't have a significant other or wife privy to my purchase decision, but I'm glad I took the leap and just went for it :) Finding a way to keep the Mrs around and add the 488 in due time seems like your best bet. Glad you are enjoying the pics my friend

Chizz likes this.
  5. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Indeed I am! Keep em coming

6. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
  7. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Well, didn't think I'd be writing this (at least this soon), but said goodbye to the 488 late last week *sniff*

Plan was to enjoy for many miles to come, but something irresistible caught my eye and just didn't want to lose the opportunity

2300+ miles in 2 months, pleasure was truly all mine. Fitting that the final gift from the factory arrived the same day I traded the car in, these memories will last forever :)

Hope to share in a week or two after some work travel, had to be another prancing horse

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. rotate

rotate Rookie

Jan 6, 2006
    That was fast! Completely understand, such is the nature of automotive addiction! Can't wait to see you what you got. Another prancing horse...irresistible...worth trading your 488. I'm thinking Pista?

9. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    No judgment here, just an understanding smile and a nod. Been there, done that, had to 'splain it to the wife. Ah, the invigorating life of a car junkie...

10. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    sigh yep... they weren't kidding when they said hookers and blow would have been the cheaper vice

& you will have to wait and see! :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

RayJohns, IloveGT, Thecadster and 2 others like this.
  11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Didn't that red 488 come with 4 perfectly good wheels; why do you have to change them!!! :D

Nothing wrong with red but that Grigio Titanio was and still is a spectacular color. Wonder how that Grigio Titanio would look on an 812... :cool:

12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
  13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Well sampelligrino that long term keeper sure didn't last long lol.

I suspect we are dealing with either a Pista, or a Speciale here, but let's wait to hear it!

That all said if you managed to get out of it with your trousers still on you can hardly be blamed for taking the opportunity. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush!

sampelligrino and of2worlds like this.
  14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH

Hard to keep them down on the farm after they have seen Paris.

812 STILL gets my vote... :cool:

Shadowfax and sampelligrino like this.
  15. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I say Pista and if so hope you didn't loose that much

sampelligrino likes this.
  16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The itch for something new, no matter how satisfied one may be with the current car, is the primary reason exotic car manufacturers thrive. The excitement and anticipation of acquiring the new ride is too exhilarating not to experience. The high that comes with this addiction is intoxicating.

17. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Yep I freaking love my 458 thought I would never sell it and now the addiction is pulling me into the F8! I’m an addict I admit it!

IloveGT, Coincid, gabf1 and 1 other person like this.
  18. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Wait has been killer, away on work travel and car is also getting detailed/ppf touched up

Took a fair beating, but I'm not complaining... sigh (lol)

Did not expect to get out unscathed with the purchase of a new Ferrari under this regime sadly, would have been cool to be in the club during those days

On the positive side, the experience from configuring the car to the production pictures to the gifts and delivery, Ferrari knows how to make that a special process. Glad I took the time to make it an amazing memory for my father and I

And those could be good guesses

if this aint the truth... may need to consider a rehab of some sort after this

19. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    congrats!! As a fellow addict I support you

F8 is an incredible car, have fun with the entire process and be sure to share with us

20. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The last time I kept a car for longer than 2 years was 15 years ago. Has always given my wife a chuckle when I habitually proclaim, “ this one I am going to keep for awhile.”

Gh21631 and sampelligrino like this.
  21. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    LOL that is me to my wife all the time!

22. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    My guess? Sam has set his sights on a Pista! :cool:

Whether I’m right or wrong, I’ll surely miss the excellent articles backed up by amazing photos.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Buying a Pista now without a dealer allocation will cost $150k over MSRP. Very difficult to justify. Especially when taking a significant hit on a few months old 488.

24. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Very difficult to justify for who? If indeed he bought a Pista after trading his new 488 he does not need to justify his purchase to anyone

SoCal to az and sampelligrino like this.
  25. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    You are, of course, very right. But sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants and to be honest, in my personal case, I can always make up very good reasons to buy a Ferrari, very few of which make actual financial sense. Would I pause and take it all in in terms of the maths, I most likely would’ve never had bought one to begin with.

Kind regards,

Nuno.