Sebastian Vettel | Page 16 | FerrariChat

Sebastian Vettel

Discussion in 'F1' started by Robb, Oct 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I’m still not sure why the mods felt this need to change my title... see post 1. so maybe they can change it back. Seems fitting still. :D

Robb

Original title: "I find it hard to root for Vettel anymore..."

He always lets me down.

He is his own worst enemy.

I don’t see him winning another world title with Ferrari or any other team. He does not seem capable of good, level-headed decision making.

Robb

daytona355 and william like this.
  2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Maybe “hard to root for” is becoming implicit

3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Discuss Ferrari’s drivers? No way, Encourage a discussion among tifosi about their driver? That might make Eltons fans feel excluded.... can’t have that mate, they’ll be all upset. Poor little things.... they haven’t anything to shout about with his lacklustre performances of late, allowing tifosi to demonstrate how we can denigrate our own drivers when they don’t perform without beating each other up, and can take criticism of our drivers without bleating at the mods.

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yeah, that lacklustre performance is so bad, that Lewis might even clinch the sixth WDC in a couple of races.

I'm so bummed.

william likes this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

#380 DF1, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    One has a difficult time to understand why degrading overt success is appealing. Mercedes are the example of where Ferrari should be with resources available to the team. The wait of years for a title is painful knowing the Ferrari is one with finances in order.

There must be a shift in 'culture' at some point or this continues.

tifosi12 and william like this.
  6. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    SIAP some discussion on Seb's post-race interview and how he seemed somewhat upbeat after that horrific start. I noticed it too. I suppose to his credit, he had just defended against Ham for #2 in rather spirited fashion, so perhaps that was most recent in his memory.

But that start...easy to dwell on from a 1g armchair for sure (and Leclerc's start was not tremendous either).

375+ likes this.
  7. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I was never able to root for Vettel. Never wanted him to come to Ferrari. If you watched him at Red Bull the outcome for Ferrari was apparent. And Ferrari? Forget about it. As a long time fan, like 50 years, I have recognized that it is seldom that Ferrari has both the driver and the car to do the job, nor the race strategy. As I recall they went 20 years w/o a WDC until Shu came. And except for Kimi's fluke WDC in 07, they haven't been able to put it together again. Maybe with LC, but will they be able to give him the car next years? And if the can, what about the race strategy? I love Ferrari, but they are bumbling idiots most of the time, which is why Vettel is there in the first place. If you follow the race threads you are familiar with my byline: Vettel Sucks!

william likes this.
  8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And yet he gets his ass kicked by Sebastian at the last race? He’s lucky Mercedes regained their absolute dominance until the summer, otherwise he’d be getting beaten, and likely be announcing his retirement around now... Hehehehe. Now that Mercedes dominance is eroding, and they become beatable, he will go back to being just another good driver, no car advantage means he won’t be the shining star all his fans shout about.... he can’t make a bad car great, unlike Schumi, he can only drive a great car well. Therein lies the difference, and therein lies the reason when he starts being beaten, his fans will be leaving fchat in droves because they are only here to ******** about him, and they can’t do that if he’s a loser

John_K_348 and stavura like this.
  9. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Hardly an ass kicking. It was Bottas that kicked ass.

John_K_348 and william like this.
  10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Rooting for Ferrari must be like admiring an entertainer that keeps singing out of tune, but has a charismatic presence on stage.

tifosi12 likes this.
  11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    wich was a nice change from " licking ass" wich normaly is the job Toto assigns him!

12. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    :eek:

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    When I read stuff like this I wonder why you even bother following F1.

Phil~ and william like this.
  14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    He could probably say the same about your Stroll posts.....:)

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

He probably don't, he may only follow Ferrari at the exclusion of anything else.

It's like waiting every week for your lottery ticket to win... LOL

tifosi12 likes this.
  16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Why? Cos I don’t have the same opinion as you and Eltons other love sick fan boys?

Cos Ferrari are in it, and the rest of em don’t matter a bit. Seeing Elton get beaten is always funny though, I’ll give him that

Michael and Ayrton were the best watch of all time, and Alonso hustling the dogs he had around were close. Watching F1 these days is definitely getting a bit easier now that Mercedes car is becoming less dominant, and seeing Elton struggle to cope due to his lack of real talent is funny as ****

stavura and John_K_348 like this.
  17. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Right, and Singapore was as shock. Nobody expected that kind of grip out of the slippery 2019 car. We can hand that to Binotto. I knew with him at the helm things would improve. I think Allision would have done well too if the loss of his wife didn't happen when it did. And I am a little sore at SF for letting him go like that too. I'm not sure if his contract was up or if he left on his own but it was hard none the less. So now, after all of that struggle Binotto had a chance to make an adjustment and BOOM it paid off. I was soooo happy! This is what F1 is supposed to be like. Bring back testing... heck, bring back the V12s ;)

18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And you only watch it for what? To cheer on your little ballerina? What on Earth are you doing on a ferrari site if your hero is a Mercedes driver..., being a psychologist, maybe you could give us an insight into what that says about you, professionally you know

kes7u, furoni, stavura and 1 other person like this.
  19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I took these people off ignore as I was interested to see what they are saying for a laugh as there seemed to be quite a few ‘ignored’ posts, and seeing this page alone shows that all William does is take the piss out of ferrari, it’s fans, it’s drivers, constantly sniping.... bet it’s pretty hard work these days being on everyone’s ignore list then fella...

I had forgotten old Tif, but I always had his measure and then some, so that wasn’t a problem... the rest are so far beneath me knowledge-wise it must take ages for my voice to travel down there hehehehehehehehehe

kes7u and stavura like this.
  20. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham

375+, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Same here, is he still around?

22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Unfortunately hehehe, just as well the majority of us have it turned down so it’s inaudible

23. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    It was a particularly acrimonious parting, a terrible decision by Ferrari and poorly executed. James took a lot of team knowledge with him and he now seems to take joy in Ferrari's misfortune. I wish that we still had him onboard.

John_K_348 likes this.
  24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Nah, we can do without him.... he wasn’t a saint in his time at the team, sad about his wife, but I think the parting of the ways would have been inevitable anyway from what I heard. He is showing his true colours if he is a rat now. Best he’s not in Italy, that kind of thing gets Lupo Bianco where my family is from

John_K_348 likes this.
  25. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Sergio was not always astute in his meddling