L Type Wiper Arm and Blade Length | FerrariChat

L Type Wiper Arm and Blade Length

Discussion in '206/246' started by sranderson, Oct 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sranderson

sranderson Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Full Name:
    SRA
    Hello All,

Have been absent for a while on this site, but now trying to work out a few things on my L. I have the clapper style wipers but I cant seem to get them timed properly and they collide. There is no noticeable slop in the cable or wheel boxes. I'm thinking that when I restored the car several years ago I was possibly sent the wrong arms and wipers.

Can someone with an L please measure their arm and blade lengths?

Thanks,

Steve Anderson

2. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Steve,
    They should both be 14" (355mm) blades, different countries had different blade requirements and some E-series were longer but the 14" should clear each other on a 206/L-series.
    15" will almost certainly bind.
    Andrew

3. rosso dino

rosso dino Karting

Mar 5, 2009
    Hi Steve,
    my blades are 400 mm. I tried to make some pics, but neither the lights in the garage are very well, nor the camera of my mobile. Hope this helps nevertheless!?
    Best
    Götz

Attached Files:

4. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    #4 4CamGT, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    The adjustment of the timing is trial and error. The left side wiper movement is direct from the motor. The right side is from the cable. 1) Disconnect the cable and get the left side wiper to go through it’s correct motions (keep adjusting the arm on the spline and use plenty of water on the glass). 2) Once it goes through its motions and parks correctly, pre load the right side wiper with the cable and manually rotate the cable to have it go through it’s motions. When it’s in the parked position and ready to go up again (making sure the left wiper is also ready to move upwards), reconnect the cable. Keep doing this until the timing is correct. I found having someone help by spraying water on the glass and you inside working the switch on and off is a big help. This is the way I did mine. Maybe there are other techniques? My wiper motor is really weak though.

5. sranderson

sranderson Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Full Name:
    SRA
    Thank you all for the help. As it turns out the blades on the car are incorrect and I have ordered the correct ones. 4CamGT, thanks for instructions on timing.

dgt likes this.
  6. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Where are you sourcing the blades?
    Thank you.
    Regards, Alberto