Is this normal | FerrariChat

Is this normal

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DingDIng, Oct 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DingDIng

DingDIng Rookie

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston tx
    Had annual service done for my Speciale back to early match at my local dealer, was gonna do the airbag recall, but I was told they don't have the airbag yet, as soon as it come in, they will let me know. Then emailed dealer in July, they said they are still waiting for Ferrari to send them the airbag. Then in August, I emailed Ferrari NA directly, they did nothing but forwarded my email to the service manager at my local dealer, got the same response from the manager: still waiting. Now it's October, still no airbag yet. I'm really frustrated, seem like either Ferrari or the dealer doesn't care at all.

2. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    It's normal. I waited approx. a year or so. You will get a notification from Ferrari of North America about the same time your dealer does.

3. raclaims

raclaims Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2007
    Northern NJ
    Been waiting a year for one on my f12...finally just being done now

4. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    You've obviously never owned a 355 with failed left bank air injectors :) I think people waited 18+ months to have some of those replaced. It actually got so bad that Ferrari dealers just started welding the holes shut instead of actually replacing the manifolds.

Good luck on the air bags. Frankly, if you are planning to sell the car in a few years, why not just postpone it and let the dealer do it when they take back the car?

Ray

5. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I received at least 3 notices from FNA in about 9 months but the dealer and NHTSA could find my VIN in their recall databases. That was OK by me since my desire was to have the dealer get experience doing a bunch of them first. Then the airbags were reported in short supply (allotted per region) and was concerned about the tier bankruptcy. It took about 3 more months to get the part after I requested to get it done.