360 thermostat change. | FerrariChat

360 thermostat change.

Discussion in '360/430' started by imahorse, Oct 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Tldr How do I remove and properly tighten the back bolts on the thermostat housing

I decided to change my thermostat since it's fall and I believe it is stuck open. I somehow got it out and changed everything including the seals which didn't seal properly so I have to redo everything. After trying to make tools to make the job easier which I then dropped behind the timing cover I'm on the verge of pulling the intake manifold just to get to this stupid bolt. How did you remove and tighten the back bolt? I honestly struggled less doing the timing belts.

2. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    After dropping a dozen tools behind the water pump I think I found a way to do this. I have a bit set. It takes a 5mm hex bit. All of the bits in that set work with 1/4" drive. Use a small ratchet for the first 3, then use a 1/4" wrench on the back one. I had to remove the 2 10mm bolts that hold that black pipe that goes on both sides of the intake manifold. Hopefully this will save someone from putting a fork in their eye. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login