F1 race in downtown Miami being discussed for 2019. | Page 10 | FerrariChat

F1 race in downtown Miami being discussed for 2019.

Discussion in 'F1' started by 11506apollo, May 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    If it happens, I would go to this. Much easier to get to from Europe than Austin and more to do. Let’s have it!

ps - I also think Austin should stay as it looks like a great track and one day I’d like to visit that one too...

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    The news was breaking last evening and everyone in Miami is amped except me it seems.

There is still the hurdle of the Miami-Dade County Commission vote to ratify and the Homestead/ISC lobbyists still
    have their hooks in them pretty deep.

The loss of the downtown visual is lost to Miami Gardens, the armpit of Miami-Dade County. I remain pessimistic
    but stranger things have happened.

Not holding my breath.

BHW

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    This looks fantastic!

I can't wait.

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    If it happens, I would go to this. Much easier to get to than Europe. :)

Do yourself a favor and go to Austin. I realize it's harder from Europe. In fact it's not all that easy from the US as well as they don't have many direct flights. Anyhow, the track is awesome. I compare it with Brands Hatch, Barcelona or Budapest from a spectator's view: Hilly, lots of places to sit, lots of corners to see the cars at. Good sideshows to make the event memorable. And visiting the tower is just awesome for a bird's eye perspective. Only downside is that the city doesn't give a hoot about the race. They focus more on some college football game. Oh well. At least you'll find plenty of hotels to choose from. And you can't beat Texan cuisine.

BigTex and subirg like this.
  5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Well, at least it looks better than Caesar's Palace......

6. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    It smells like another parking lot GP. Apparently Liberty will do anything for money.

7. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    The odds are decidedly against this being approved.

8. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    It looks way, way better than original plan over and back across the bridge. But, it looks way too focused on speed than corner action. I wonder if the idea is to create more passing opportunities by having drivers just out-brake each other.

9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Until aero and DRS are addressed what options are there.............................

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The only place F1 cars can pass nowadays is a long straight followed by a hard braking zone.

In Montreal, the prime passing zone used to be entering the hairpin at the east end of the track, but now the straight that leads into that zone is not long enough, and passing there has almost been completely eliminated. Now the only passing zone is at the end of the long straight entering the chicane at the pit entrance.

11. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    fyi

"Miami Dade Commish just narrowly passed 1 of 2 items, requiring road closures for Formula One race in Miami Gardens stadium district go to public hearing before approval. Setback for F1 & Hard Rock Stadium brass. Commish now considering county-wide racing question"

12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006