What do you think i should do (SF of sillicon valley) ??? | FerrariChat

What do you think i should do (SF of sillicon valley) ???

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Oct 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hi All,

I had to tow my FF to SF of sillicon valley due to avoiding a deer and hitting a curb.

I towed the car there on a saturday 10/6 waiting for the car to be examined. At that time Ferrari said they wanted me to approve 10 hours of diagnostic which would go towards the labor should i get the car fixed there.

Estimate came back today. Way too high so i decided to go with Roselli who has been servicing my cars...

Next thing you know Ferrari of Sillicon Valley wants the 10 hours of diagnostice (2950 USD), 11 days of storage at another 3k (like 300 a day) and an administration fee of 1815 USD.

I am not sure what i can do but honestly, i dont think thats right, specially since no texts, no nothing mentioned storage (or the price) even less an exhorbitant admin fee of 1815 USD.

I asked for the detailed bill, was supposed to be with me at 12pm but its 2:30 and still not there... I understand people are busy but feels like it is dragging and a way to charge me extra (how i feel)...

To make it even better their sales director, mistakenly sent me an email saying he felt used... Right, doesnt feel used to charge 8k for...nothing right ? He later apologized....

Let me know what you think i should do,

Nat

daytona355 likes this.
  2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Is Roselli still more economical than SF by $8k?

3. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    You shouldn't have wasted their time.... and you should have bought the car from them.

Seems like a mechanic lien is coming...

4. Natkingcolebasket69

#4 Natkingcolebasket69, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    What are u on about? I’m paying them, never said u was refusing to! I’m totally fine with the diagnostic but the other fees are stupid and came out of nowhere; I asked them for the bill; I asked them to pay!!
    Wasted their time? at 8k that’s not what I call wasting their time lol
    I am allowed to go elsewhere shall I choose too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Given how they mark up prices ...

6. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    A person's experience will be different when you have the issue you did if you didn't buy the car from the dealer that you are requesting this service from. No discounts, no accomodations, everything jacked up. No customer goodwill, etc.

They'd even get more mad by you taking it somewhere else... even though that is your prerogative.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Exactly- I just want my car and the invoice to pay to get it out. Guy is refusing just so that I let them fix it.

8. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    Why don't you just file a claim with your insurance, and let them deal with paying for the repair?

BOKE and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

Good point- I’m just going to pay and go to Roselli.

10. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

I recently spoke with a fellow fchatter who had to deal with Ferrari of Silicon Valley about a car they were selling and he told me he had a very bad experience with them. I myself have been given the cold shoulder when I was looking at a few cars there. I get it if they don't smell a sale not worth putting too much time in with someone but there is a difference. The McLaren dealership close by has always chatted me up even when they knew I was just looking and didn't give me that ********* attitude Ferrari of Silicon Valley gives / gave me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. tgee's458

tgee's458 Karting

Jan 20, 2012
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Teg
    I’ve had excellent experience with SiliconValley as my first purchase as compared to. SF where I had an appointment to test drive a vehicle and upon showing up they refused to let me test drive the car. At that time, I spoke all the way up to the sales manager which still refused. I just said if I leave, I will go elsewhere to buy...which was Silicon Valley... best move !.....my second car is coming...

daytona355 and BOKE like this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Well I paid them the 8k today and got my car to Roselli.
    The car was in an unacceptable condition:
    -dirty
    -no floor mats used
    -parts put inside like it’s a Kia which even started slightly damaging the leather

I have now my lawyer involved...3300 of storage fee for this? Unacceptable

Apollo 11, daytona355 and Jaguar36 like this.
  13. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

This is all ya need to know... doesn't matter if others got great service that doesn't really help or matter to your situation. Like I said in previous post which was censored....dooooshbags. All we can offer is how our individual experiences were. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

I mean I worked hard to afford my car & yes I chose not to have service but that’s crazy.

15. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    What did the bill look like?

show the breakdown. Be interested to see.

BOKE likes this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Utter disgrace

daytona355 likes this.
  17. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Did they itemize the damage when they gave you the car back? How extensive is it? What exactly did they diagnose in those 10 hours?

BOKE likes this.
  18. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    It sucks that you had this bad experience with the dealer. However, I do recall that you've posted several threads that described signs that the dealer is planning to overcharge for other jobs. Most users confirmed the ridiculousness of the quotes you were getting, and there were many recommendations of alternatives in your area.

Why still go to the dealer for work despite all the suggestions to do otherwise? The dealer itself gave you a final warning sign by requesting 10 hours of diagnostics simply for a car that went over a curb.

My suggestion is to just view it as an expensive lesson and not bother with any further action. What is a lawyer going to do? You probably signed the final bill and paid the charges, which means you agree to what they charged you for.

19. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    I would think that an attorney would cost more than $3,245.

BOKE likes this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

They did nothing expect meet with the claim adjuster... damage was 1 bent rim and 1 carbon ceramic brake damaged; they recommended 2 new rims at 6k each rim, 4 not 2 ceramic brake at 6k each etc ...
    Even by giving them 8k I’m still better off going elsewhere.

21. Natkingcolebasket69

Agreed... partially.;)
    1-the dealer quotes In the previous posts were in Detroit not in California
    2- usually I never ever ever go to the dealer; my tr is always taken care of by Roselli but this being my first newer Ferrari I wasn’t sure he had all the tools to get it done but he does.
    3-On top of that the day I hit the curb I was stranded and well; I didn’t think enough;)

That being said yes it’s 8k lost but just by not getting the parts through them, just with the discs (which are oem) you make it back...

Going forward I will listen and not take it close to them;)

daytona355 and obbob like this.
  22. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I think you should come up with a better excuse for not having to show up with an imaginary car. ;)

BOKE and Sfumato like this.
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Right, and the tow bill doesn’t help convincing u? Smh

24. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Wow. I am debating calling F of SV to help me get a new car. I have heard nice things about Jason the manager, but this is ridiculous. I wonder if they treat people differently who buy a new(er) car from them or if they just have so much business from the rich technology folks in the area that they can treat people like this?

J

25. Natkingcolebasket69

I think if u buy a car and service there they are the nicest people in the world. There are obviously 2 sides to every story but I can and will happily share all my communication with them.
    In my case is they wanted over 50k of repair ; I took it to Roselli and there is for the same part 15k of repair. I wasn’t going to get taken for a fool and have my insurance go through the roof via claims so I decided to go the indi route.
    That probably drew their ire because they were going to make a lot of money on this, but I chose to take the car elsewhere... and this is what u get...