Spider ground clearance specs | FerrariChat

Spider ground clearance specs

Discussion in '348/355' started by Carmellini, Oct 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carmellini

Carmellini Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2019
    Can someone measure body ground clearance at front, rear, and side? thanks.

Ferrarium likes this.
  2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Just a thought, I think it's in the work shop manual, I assume you mean stock form? You many want to specify stock tires and wheels and springs and ride height or you may get a variety of answers. Many people have altered cars from previous owners and may not even know it. Just a thought.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Carmellini

Jul 16, 2019
    ^^^ yes stock car with no mods.

4. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    #4 Jackie and bill, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    The measurements are taken from the A arm sub frame bush bolt to a flat floor surface, not the body work. The measurements in the manual refers to this.
    However I have noticed of late that some owners prefer the stance/look of the wheel to arch gap detriment to the correct suspension geometry.

5. Carmellini

Jul 16, 2019
    I should have mentioned in first post, that my interest involves trailering my car. do not want to do any untoward damage to front end or under panels.

6. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I used U-Haul trailers in the past for several low cars - Mondials, 348s and a Crossfire SRT6. Here's what I did which worked perfectly for me. But to begin, you'll need 4 pieces of plank measuring 2" x 6" x 16".

Warning: Go very slow and measure for clearance at every step.

Pull the trailer's ramps out all the way and land each one on a plank. Position the planks so that they work as steps for the car's tires. Put the other two planks at the tail end of the trailer so as the tires roll up the ramp onto the trailer they will roll on the planks first (gives extra height/clearance while going "over the top".

Once the car is completely on the trailer, do not roll the car all the way forward (yet). Now take the two planks at the street end of the ramps and position them fully at the front of the trailer for the front tires to roll up and on to. This should give you the height needed to clear the trailer's front stop. Depending on how low your car is you might need some extra height for the front tires at this point.

Most Mondials sit higher than the 348/355, but here's where you need to pay close attention and add the plank.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Here's where you add the planks for the "over the top" part of the procedure. Go really slow here in case the planks slide. Or you might be able to put the planks at the top of the ramp, butting up against the trailer instead.

Qavion likes this.
  8. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    It may be correct eye candy, but it is incorrect suspension geometry.