Cavallino CLassic - 2020 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cavallino CLassic - 2020

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by Rossocorsa1, Jul 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    It's not just the 510 bucks it's mainly the quality or lack thereof. In recent years CI has really gone downhill. Big time.
    And I've been going since more than 25 years every year.

Back to the Cavallino discussion then.

Marcel Massini

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I'm hoping....the F50 GT will be there..that would be amazing! Anyone in touch with Art Z or with Mr B on the east coast?

Rossocorsa1 and HotShoe like this.
  3. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    That would be great! I still have my pics from when it was there in the past. Amazing car.

4. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Moderator - Can you please move this thread to the events section?

5. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E

Could not agree more - I went for about 10 years then they started to cut things like the yacht hope and all downhill - price was not the problem just the lack of umph

Mrpbody44, Texas Forever and Graz like this.
  6. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I could be wrong, but I don’t think FCA International Meet is usually open to general public nor free to attend.

I believe it’s for FCA (& International FOC) members only and for example, even to attend the Concours just as a spectator at 2019 Meet (in Scottsdale, AZ) requires members to register for the entire 4-5 day event at minimum of $$325/375.

7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I'm unable to attend the FCA meet this year, however I did attend last year in Corning, NY, and I exhibited my 1989 328 GTB in the Concourse d'Elegance. It was open to the publis for free and held on the towns main street.

8. isaydingdong

isaydingdong Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2014
    ny
    Full Name:
    Sy Sperling
    The FCA is a non profit event, possibly the only non profit Ferrari event

9. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I believe (but could be mistaken) that the Corning event was anomaly, due to having been staged on public space/street.
    In my earlier statement, which included "usually", I was referring to similar events held at private venues, like the upcoming Scottsdale meet.

Again, I could be mistaken, but usually these types of club events are not even publicly advertised for general public attendance and I've been to some that didn't allow spectator entries without being a member and having paid event registration.
    The point of my earlier statement was merely to caution anyone thinking they may be able to just walk-in to any such event and then be disappointed when denied entry or requested an unexpected(?) payment.

Having been a member for about 10 years, I know FCA being a non-profit organization, but fees collected from attendees of various club events are likely to cover organizing costs, including space/venue rent, like host facilities for seminars, show, track, insurances, catering, etc...

10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  11. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

I have been to FCA annual both as spectators and as participants. You can def show up and not pay anything, it will depend on the location where the even is being held. But even on the ones that were in a private venue such as in Columbus in 2016, people did not have to pay to walk through the concours.
    I guess it will depend on the venue, but FCA typically does not charge anything for spectators.

Texas Forever and pilotoCS like this.
  12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I strongly object to the price for spectator admission to the concorso, which was only $75 just a few years ago. The only reason I might go this year is because they are honoring the 328.

Texas Forever and GatorFL like this.
  13. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    That current price was set a couple years ago, and it’s very appropriate when you compare it to other US Concours D’Elegance in the same league. Cavallino is first rate, staged at a premier (and expensive) venue, and delivers the prestige it promises. I guess I’m a capitalist, so I have no issues with the owner (who’s the one that puts his blood sweat and tears into creating and sustaining this amazing show) making a good profit. I’m always amused when some people think these kind of events just happen and should be open to everyone for very little admission. It isn’t a swap meet. Of course, it isn’t for everyone.

gsworld2014 likes this.
  14. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Who else will be there?

15. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I’m going.

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  16. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    I've attended every one since the beginning in 1992, so this will be my 29th year.

17. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    should be an awesome show.

18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Who’s planning on showing their car(s)?

19. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I forgive you for your allegiance to a reptile.

BT likes this.
  20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I don’t understand the meaning of your comment.

21. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    You obviously don't understand Florida football.

22. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I see now. I didn’t pay attention to his handle. Actually, I lived in Florida for 14 years. You would be surprised how much I know about Florida sports. I assumed you were making some reference to the topic of the thread.

23. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Ha ha ha, this is the Internet Sport. Nothing is supposed to make any sense.

24. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Been spending time preparing for the show. Always one of my favorite weeks of the year.

25. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I'm going.

Marcel Massini

Rossocorsa1 likes this.