F8 - F8 sound. Are the press cars the real deal? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 F8 sound. Are the press cars the real deal?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Il Co-Pilota, Oct 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    hi
    Check my post about my experience with F8 Test on a track.
    The amazing part was the sound inside is better than 488 with closed windows. IDK why technically i found the sound much better and clearer compared to my 488 Spider (which i usually drive with rear window little down to enjoy the sound of the engine)

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and REALZEUS like this.
  2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    To my recollection Harris's criticism was not about ringers, but the company's firm control on tests. The ringer myth has been debunked, as many customer cars have the same performance as press test cars. CH did a huge disservice to his reputation with that charade.

To be fair, they were are referring to internal noise, which makes sense due to the "hot tube".

Neither artificial, nor fake. It is the engine's natural sound, channelled to the cabin. Artificial and fake is what BMW does using the speakers, even though they claim that it is just amplifying the actual engine sound.

italiafan and F142George like this.
  3. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    This is not much different from a lot of “ I hate turbo charged” cars falling heads over heels for the Pista

Napoli and LVP488 like this.
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yeah and same as many Mac 720 haters. No soul, too quiet, blah blah. The mnfrs have strict regulations so you will have to rely on the aftermarket while we have one.

Texas2step likes this.
  5. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Won’t matter. Even if they come up with a solution, new regulations limit maximum dB levels and require all cars to be muffled. I hate to be this person, but the future is looking pretty bleak at this point. Such a shame that the rest of the world has to pay the price for the ridiculous laws that have been passed in the EU.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Let's hope the aftermarket exhaust can save the world then. Wink wink

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    This might get the award for the silliest post ever.

REALZEUS, Shadowfax, Jo Sta7 and 4 others like this.
  8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Interesting- heard a Pista Spider fired up and it was louder than my 488 and sounded amazing. But there will always be people who complain I guess.

Caeruleus11 and Gh21631 like this.
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Exactly on point. The politicians are to blame. Why aren't the complainer's instead burning some of these politicians at the stake for their dastardly deeds. :D
    I forgot bonfires are not allowed anymore...:(

10. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Honored ! and i assumed
    We don t have the same ears... May be you can t make distinction between sound and noise !?

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #36 Shadowfax, Oct 20, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    Yes it is quite amazing really. Guys buying Pista's who hated Ferrari using a v8 turbocharged engine- an engine which also whipped the ass of the predecessor. I don't think that went down very well at the time but now some have picked themselves up and dusted themselves off and appear to have had a complete turn around. Maybe life in the slow lane wasn't all it was cracked up to be.:D

PS. Even funnier is watching the same guys fall head over heels for F8. This is all after laying the boot into 488 and mainly over the sound not being up to their standard.

Napoli likes this.