Trade Aston DBS FOR 599?? | FerrariChat

Trade Aston DBS FOR 599??

Discussion in '612/599' started by plastique999, Oct 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I’m on my 2nd Aston DBS 2010, which I use as a daily driver....and love it for its class, elegance and V12 exhaust note.
    I’ve been lusting after a GTO for some time but would love a GTB (have driven it and love the rawness and V12 symphony).
    I’m very tempted to trade my DBS in for the 599 but had a couple concerns. Is anyone daily’g there 599 to work?
    I’m a bit concerned of how my employees will view their boss driving an F car to work (may scream, “gimme a raise”).
    The 599 would complement my 16M and Speciale....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my 16M

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I’d stick to the Aston Martin...the Ferrari to work is too sho offy.
    My neighbor has a big business and has 2 f cars, a bentayga etx but uses an Hyundai Elantra for work so he doesn’t attract attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lee-o, FERR430dxb and plastique999 like this.
  3. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Hey Eddie, a few years ago I had both 599 and DBS as daily, went thru 3 DBS’ (auto - manual - auto). The DBS was a much better daily than 599. Driving around towns, ppl are very friendly with the Aston and always received positive opinions.
    The 599’s AC sometimes wasn’t working very well on mine in the hot days, and I did get some haters at gas station or parking lot.

DBS is more of a relax long leg cruiser. The audio system is perfect too compared to the 599. But 599 is more playful when you wanna poke it a little.
    If I had to choose one I would go with the one that I haven’t own yet. I find myself like them both equally.

With that many cars that you have, why not add a 599 to experience it. You can always trade it later when you find your GTO. Haha

lee-o and plastique999 like this.
  4. Modena_2003

Modena_2003 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2008
    Saudi.Arabia / London
    Full Name:
    Moe Al-Bayat
    I would wait until I find a good deal but not for a GTB. I would definitely get a GTO without even thinking as your other cars are limited edition and very special! Plus you won’t loose money.

Moe

5. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I would not use the 599 or the GTO as a daily, unless you were doing 50 mile + commutes.

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Thank you all for knocking some sense into me. All are very good points.
    My commute is a short 6 miles, usually with traffic and no where to safely open up the V12 (in fact, I’ve gotten pulled over a few times on the way to work barely hitting 60 in a 45).
    Also you’re right, my young employees would definitely judge the car. Makes much more sense for an understated vehicle for work (yet, even the Aston gets remarks), and then use F cars for the weekend.
    Ok so the search for the GTO continues.....

Sent from my 16M

7. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Drive what you want to work. We spend too much time being politically correct. I drive my red Ferrari to work all the time. Usually significantly downshifting as I am approaching the parking lot just so everyone knows I am there. :)

Employees that judge you because of the car you drive have issues. Note, if you’re really worried about this then you can just spin it around and hold it out as a carrot for upwardly mobile employees. The ones that want to be successful just like you are the ones you want anyways.

Jo Sta7 and Modena_2003 like this.
  8. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I don't own the company but DD my 599 to the office. There is a lot of chatter from those that know cars and they are slowly figuring out who owns the Ferrari. Really, no one cares much but where I work everyone makes a decent living. Traffic isn't much of an issue if you are thoughtful but the DBS is undoubtedly better for DD. The more I drive the 599 the more I love the car and appreciate everything about it.

plastique999 and Hawkeye like this.
  9. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Brand new the DBS is $300,000 plus so maybe your employees don’t understand that either?

I.T. Guy likes this.
  10. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Do you work at the Red Cross or a Nursing Home? No? Drive the Ferrari. Life is a one lap race.

FERR430dxb and RonH like this.
  11. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I don't think going from an Aston DBS to a Ferrari 599 will change your employee view of you, surely they know about the couple million in cars you already have from events or your online profiles. I would say for surgeons it's socially acceptable and understood. Construction contractors, blue collar business owners and gov't employees/elected officials may feel more pressure to be discreet. And if you're already paying market wages/salaries then envy shouldn't play in.

12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    DBS is a great car. Sex and class on wheels. I’d keep it.

plastique999 likes this.
  13. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    DBS has a proper auto box which is just so much better in traffic..

14. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Slightly off topic, but I'm in the market- can anyone explain to me why later-year DBSs are priced basically the same as +/- '15 Vanquishes ?

Mike

15. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Ok really funny, I’m considering trading my DBS for a Vanquish....:.

Sent from my 16M

16. lee-o

lee-o Karting

Dec 8, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Second the idea of not driving the F- car to work. If you can get away with the Aston and not creating issues, then I would stick to that.

17. Rick Hansen

Rick Hansen Rookie

Dec 31, 2017
    Full Name:
    Rick Hansen
    I drive my Ferrari to the soup kitchen just to piss em off haha
    /rick

18. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    So I just did it...traded my 2011 DBS +$28k for a 2014 Vanquish of similar miles...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my 16M

Robb, GuyIncognito and Skidkid like this.
  19. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think if I get a Vanquish, I'd want a '15 or '16, as there's little difference in price between them and the '14; if I get a DBS, I believe I'd want a 6 speed.

Can you post your driving impression(s) of the DBS (6 speed) versus the Vanquish ?

Thanks and congratulations.

Mike

ibesuc likes this.
  20. ibesuc

ibesuc Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Vanquish is beautiful but there's something about the looks of the DBS Coupe that gets me.

plastique999 likes this.
  21. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    After daily driving the Vanquish for a few days, I honestly love it, more so than my previous 2 DBS (one manual, the second paddleshift).
    It really depends on the purpose of the car though, I actually prefer a paddle shift car to drive to work as it’s a bit easier vs manual. If I am taking a spirited drive, then of course, a manual would be much more engaging. The DBS manual was a solid gearbox, smooth when clicking into gear.
    However for me, the 510 HP was a little lacking for the V12.

The Vanquish actually reminds me a lot of my old V12 VS, which has the same 565 HP. Of course, the Vantage is some 200 lbs lighter and a shorter wheel base. The V12VS was probably the best all around car I’ve owned in the past - very well balanced with the right amount of power to weight, excellent braking.
    If you look at the DBS and accept it for its nostalgic styling and accept it as a GT cruiser, it will suit well.

Sent from my 16M

22. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    DBS will always look stunning!

Sent from my 16M