Ferrari of Washington - ALCOHOL & HIT and RUN ACCIDENT | FerrariChat

Ferrari of Washington - ALCOHOL & HIT and RUN ACCIDENT

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Michael Scuderia, Oct 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michael Scuderia

BANNED

Oct 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael Sypteck
    I want to share this short info with all of you, but I would really welcome any opinions.
    I heard from multiple sources / clients that FoW , actually one of the top managers is awaiting a trial at court for the Hit and Run and DUI!
    Currently I am their service client, but I am planing to purchase a new car and I happen to be dealing with what I believe is that manager.
    Right now , I don’t know if I should talk to him directly about that and there are two main concerns for me:
    -first I have personal , moral problem trusting someone who would hit someone with his car and run away
    -second, selfishly I don’t want to put all my effort if he is potentially going to jail
    This is really personal to me since I lost my best friend, 16 years ago in Florida, when another idiot hit him on his motorcycle .

2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If it were me, I would have a quiet word with him about my concerns, find out the true story (as rumour tends to become embellished) and then based on what I learnt, decide whether to draw a line and appreciate it really isn’t any of my business, and I could live with it, or if what I learnt bothered me, then I would ask him to step aside and allow me to deal with someone else on moral grounds.

I have no skin in this game, I don’t know anyone there, but I think it is proven daily that people make mistakes, even ones that involve this sort of thing, so I would only make a decision to take action based on first hand information, not opinions/rumours/comments from those not involved directly.

For example, possibly not as big an incident, but one of my clients, a very thoughtful, pretty, normal young lady, with a very good job and usually, excellent decision making, made a big mistake. Her mother passed away, and she and her friends went to the funeral. Afterwards, she went home, and her friend stayed to share two glasses of wine each. My client went to bed, a little upset, certainly not drunk, but was awoken at 3am by a phone call. Her friend (a different one), 8 months pregnant, had just caught her boyfriend, father of her baby, in bed with her best friend!

My client jumped out of bed, shocked, and promised to come and collect her friend to look after her. She hurriedly put on clothes, ran to her car, and drove the one and a half miles to her friends house. About half way, an oncoming car, undoubtedly a drunk driver, came down the road towards her swerving around, so she tried to hug the kerb to keep out of his way. She managed it, but then unfortunately came upon a parked car, tried to go around it, and clipped the rear corner.

Being a moral and nice person, she pulled up, and went door knocking trying to find the owner so she could arrange for the insurance claim to pay for the repairs. Unable to find the driver, she telephoned the police, told them what had happened, and asked their opinion. They replied the6 would send someone out.

When they got there, they breathalysed my client. The legal limit here is 35mg of alcohol, she blew 38. She was arrested, charged with drunk driving, and was banned for a year. This caused her to lose her job, and ultimately her home. It does show that sometimes, heinous sounding crimes are not necessarily always what they seem to be, so definately get the facts first and decide afterwards

AshAP likes this.
  3. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    I would just be upfront and ask him if he’s the individual and if he discloses he in fact is, then ask to given to another representative to work with.

4. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Sid, I get your broader point, which is well made. But on your specific story, just to understand. Your client clipped a parked car at just after 3 am and decided to go door knocking in the middle of the night to see if she could find the owner? And then, presuming she had already woken up half the neighbourhood by buzzing their doorbells and asking if they were the owners of a grey BMW, she called the police? Rather than leave a note or come back in the morning?

That’s definitely odd.

daytona355 likes this.
  5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’m afraid so... she was so embarrassed she had hit the car, she simply didnt think. I said the same to her, why not leave a note and disappear, she would have got clean away with it had she not gone back home and stayed at her friends till morning, but she said she genuinely didn’t think she’d drank enough to be over the limit, so it never occurred to her that she would be in trouble, such a shame, she is as fit as ..... hehehe

Themaven likes this.
  6. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    All of the FOW guys from sales to the gm are really fantastic people professionally and personally. I hope it’s not true but all you can do is ask and make your decision based on the response. Just realize your relationship is with everyone from finance, sales, service, the dealership as an entity, and FNA.

They have always done right by me and several of my friends and family.

Piper and daytona355 like this.
  7. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    All the current guys have been pretty good to me and I buy most of my Ferrari's out of state. The sales and service department has always been good. There's always two sides to the story and you may want to talk to her/him first. Also, may have wanted to talk to him before making your first post, you may end someone's carreer.

daytona355 and Rrr1 like this.
  8. Michael Scuderia

BANNED

Oct 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael Sypteck
    I happened to go to the “cars & coffee “ this Saturday and some other FoW clients knew more details about that accident.
    So story is that he did hit a motorcycle, run away and that fact makes it more serious .
    But the bigger story they told me is that place was known for their employees drinking during working hours.
    We are not talking here about casual drinking it was a daily assurance and that, to me is a serious moral flaw. Ferrari deserves better!

9. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    So now is your issue with the person or with the dealership? Is your intention to tarnish the persons name and have them lose their job? Do you want them to lose their franchise? As of now this is all hearsay right? I just would want to be 100% sure of facts before posting this type of information that could make someone lose their job/lively hood. Could this all of started as a rumor? I'm asking cause I really would like to know.
    Also, people are so quick to judge other people these days, we all may need a time of reflection. Have you been perfect your entire life? That would be impressive. Could someone use some help and treatment vs causing them to lose their job and source of income? The place that I buy/service my cars just needs to get the job done and treat me right, what they do in their personal lives, I could care less. Also, this is your first and second post on the forum, I keep wondering about intentions...

10. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Ok, this thread is closed, bunch of rumors spread by user with multiple usernames.

StanT, rampante550, ROMO and 6 others like this.