FF values. What's going on? | Page 30 | FerrariChat

FF values. What's going on?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by puckybadger, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Looks like mine! Except my wheels are black!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    My wife and I were at Crescent Classic a month ago. She had never seen the FF. We arrived to our fist day lunch stop and 2FF’s arrived after us. My wife asked “what’s that?” I showed her around one of the cars. She loved it!! She could take kids, dogs, groceries... and it’s roomy and comfy.

Now I just need to find one.

ANOpax and IloveGT like this.
  3. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Let me know your colors. I’ve been stalking all the late 15/16s.

They are out there.

ScottS

4. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Thanks, Scott. I would be open to most colors, except black. I have mainly been waiting for my dealer to get one. They have treated me well and I would like to,keep up the relationship, as well as a warrenty. However, if the right car were to come along...

5. Cml2116

Cml2116 Rookie

Nov 14, 2015
    Tri state area
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Poster SAFE4NOW is an excellent resource on this subject. Not sure if the DCT in the FF is different from the 458 or 488. Fact is they all have issues. It takes time for them to show and in some cases are a simply tie wrap issue. The nightmare stories of $20K plus issues are rare now. based on the fact that every dealer has been tasked with ensuring they have a tech that can open the GETRAG and replace the faulty sensor which is the typical culprit. Disappointing to have this bugaboo on a 6 figure vehicle. I have this info directly from research here and my Service manager.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    right - and im pretty sure its now a 7500 dollar fix - so this is the cracked header equivalent of the 430.

IloveGT and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  7. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I get it. Me also. But I ask them to see about getting the car.

There’s a beautiful 14 in Rosso Maranello at Ferrari of SV from one of the Fchatters here.

ScottS

slm likes this.
  8. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    i gave a offer on the car....i feel its overpriced.

slm likes this.
  9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You showed your wife around a FF? That's like taking a woman to a mall full of shoe stores! :D

slm likes this.
  10. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Saw that add. I do like it a lot. I like a little color in my toys.

11. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    What can I say. She loved it!! AND said we need one! She is a keeper.

AshAP, Bundy and Nospinzone like this.
  12. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    enjoy my Avatar pic

13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I'll say!

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Seeing quite a few 12 with anywhere from 20k miles to 30k miles at anywhere between 110 to 130k.
    Not trying to guess the actual sale price but im trying to see if, aside the expectations from each sellers, options do really matter.
    What would make you spend 10,20k more on a similar model ?
    The color, if so which ?
    Seats ? Daytona, diamond? Full power ?
    Pano Roof ?
    Carbon Fiber ?
    CF Steering wheel ?
    Rims ?
    Passenger Display ?
    Extended warranty purchase ?
    Service history ?

Or you would not care about any of that and go fhr the cheaper of similar model with different options ?

15. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    my guess is options are lower on the list of value items for ff. ownership and service history have to be number 1. plenty of these cars have been rentals, flood damage, accident, etc and not always easy to tell either. give my one owner from selling dealership who serviced it as well

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    2012s were heavily optioned as those were LaFerrari cars.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

Some I’m seeing for 110k are blah. Like not much, silver, no options standing out and some
    Are like u said heavily optioned.

18. Raydog9379

Raydog9379 Karting

Jan 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Weird colors and lack of some necessary options (LED wheel, etc.) will drive prices on the lower end down. The other biggie as someone mentioned would be history.

joeacc and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    are we really talking about this on cars that have already depreciated 75%!?!?!?!?!?!

20. Natkingcolebasket69

I’m just curious if options matter and it seems they do but they don’t at the same time;)

21. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    The question is if an FF a carbon steering wheel is it more relevant to buyers than if the car has hidden damage or mechanical issues??? lol

Most of the people that buy these cars are only interested in price. The options, mileage, and most important of all the overall condition of the car and a thorough PPI have to be evaluated to come up with if it is a good car to pick up or not. A 2012 FF is just a used car in the grand scheme of things. It is also a car that can and will eat your lunch if something major goes wrong out of warranty. The cost of a brake job is something to look into. Does the car in question on its original DCT transmission??? How about the PTU???

Bottom feeding on nine-year-old cars that have already depreciated as is one thing, but an FF needs to be very carefully evaluated before you buy.

The FF is an awesome car and an incredible deal right now. Ferrari 2+2s get walloped as they age price-wise historically, so don't plan on the prices to head back up soon. The market is saturated with FFs right now. Buyer's market. Get one and enjoy it.

Bundy likes this.
  22. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Options mean less and less as these cars get old. Right now on F12s and 458s, options don't come into play very much. $150K off options is nearly worthless when the car has its fifth birthday anymore. On kalis, options are completely meaningless anymore as far as price goes.

You have to look at the overall package when you look at a used Ferrari, not just line items on the sticker or build data.

23. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Literally 75%. I just traded our 2012 FF to the dealer for $95,000. Beautifully spec’d Bianco Avus over Cioccolato with all interior CF options and a leather trunk. MSRP $394K and 21,000 miles. Options mean zip, zero, nada to resale value after 7 years.

Great car but we had to make room in our garage for the Pista. Plus, I’m returning to FT work after five years off and unfortunately need a low key DD.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    as the great arthur fonzarelli used to say: exactamundo!!!!

otakki, of2worlds, BOKE and 1 other person like this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

I wouldn’t say I’m surprised with the trade in value jr it seems all over the place.
    For instance the Cauley 14 car with 41k miles and less options than yours was traded in Around 90k
    Urs 95k for a pista
    Mine I was offered 97k and I have 35k miles.

Not that a few grand matters, specially with a Ferrari but interesting discrepancies

Bundy likes this.