308's with radio delete | Page 4 | FerrariChat

308's with radio delete

Discussion in '308/328' started by JAM1, Jan 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well...the original Pioneer KEH-5060 head unit / tape with the "small horsey badge" in my GTB I do indeed use from time to time, just to check that it is still working (and it does!). I've got a "The best of Sam and Dave" tape just for that check...but on that car, the best sounds comes from behind the driver, from 3,2 engine #17330.
    The GTS has a more modern Sony unit, CD player, etc...refitted at one time; that thing has a removable faceplate, stored in a box. I have never even put that removable faceplate in place since I bought the car in 2011, so I don't even know if it works...
    To each his own, I guess...I never caught on with CDs, I remain a cassette guy. Must find a "Blaupunkt Bremen' to retrofit my GTS with it: it's a german car originally, so a "Bremen" would do just fine. And I'm sure that I would actually use it, if it can read cassettes...

Rgds

bernardo66 likes this.
  2. Tustin308

Tustin308 Rookie

May 20, 2019
    Tustin, CA
    Full Name:
    Arthur Trejo
    I made my own radio delete door panel and antenna plug. My intention was to make a small glove box as I did not want the radio and preferred the sound of my Borla exhaust. Still love the sound! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

3. Arthbkins

Arthbkins Rookie

Jul 10, 2018
    Looks great @Tustin308
    What did you make the antenna plug out of? I have a temporary wine cork for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. 27811

27811 Karting

Jun 24, 2019
    Full Name:
    Hypertrash
    Forget the radio delete... Let's talk about that alcantara wrapped wheel! From where and how much?!

5. Tustin308

Tustin308 Rookie

May 20, 2019
    Tustin, CA
    Full Name:
    Arthur Trejo
    Thanks! The antenna plug was made from some thin gauge steel plate. I bent it slightly to confirm to the curve of the fender and welded a threaded stud on the back. I had the plug painted and added a rubber gasket to make a good seal and installed. Has been on my 308 for 20+ years with no leaks. I personally like the absence of the antenna.

6. Tustin308

Tustin308 Rookie

May 20, 2019
    Tustin, CA
    Full Name:
    Arthur Trejo
    Ya......I love my steering wheel too. I bought it back in the 90's when I was tracking my car on a regular basis. I don't recall how much I paid for it but I bought it from a MOMO dealer. Check the Internet. There might be a few out there.

Rosey and 27811 like this.
  7. Arthbkins

Arthbkins Rookie

Jul 10, 2018
    The pocket for the radio looks great too. I’m thinking of making something similar. I like the clean look of no vents under the pocket too - May remove mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tustin308 likes this.
  8. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    You made a glove box to keep a stack of wires in in case you need some on the road?

thorn, 27811 and Martin308GTB like this.
  9. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    No. He made a device, which offers him the joy of admiring the art of italian electric engineering from time to time without the necessity to remove the passenger side panel :)

Best from Germany
    Martin