FCA President vote | Page 17 | FerrariChat

FCA President vote

Discussion in 'Australia' started by greg246, Sep 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Here you go Simon

This is what Mr Ignore posted

All in one post, for simple people lol

Grahame said:

I am very concerned about negative and false allegations that have been said about our Club in this forum and I have been urged by many to address these false allegations as they are bringing our Club into disrepute and putting it in danger of survival.

3. Minutes of committee meetings cannot be released under our current Club Rules, but there is nothing to hide in them. For absolute transparency, it will be a good initiative to look at making the necessary changes to the Rules to allow this to happen in the future.

Mistake number 1 (you just made this up). The constitution clearly states that any member is entitled to view any and all documentation with the permission of the Committee. Permission of the Committee is only there in case of some sensitive/private/confidential material that might be included in the documents.

Grahame said:

I am very concerned about negative and false allegations that have been said about our Club in this forum and I have been urged by many to address these false allegations as they are bringing our Club into disrepute and putting it in danger of survival.

To refute the negative and false allegations, I state the following:

4. It is not possible for anyone to misappropriate funds in our Club. Our Treasurer checks and has to approve everything and then a second person has to agree for the payment to be made. This double-authorisation process cannot be bi-passed. Our Accounts are audited.

Grahame

Isn't it? What if you're a crook and you get your mate to join the committee and the other signatory? There was a rumour going around that you'd stolen money from the club. I said to the person I heard that from that I categorically don't believe it, but to deny it's possible is naive at best, and suspicious at worst.

Grahame said:

5. The Club has always given a simple cash grant to the President to attend the FOC meeting. This is even broken out as a line item in the P&L. The president's partner is always invited by Ferrari. When my wife has attended, she has paid for her own travel. Also, I co-developed the Club's current travel policy as a framework for all Club travel expenses.

Grahame

This was an interesting one.

As was clearly pointed out at the AGM yesterday, every year two delegates from FCA are invited to Italy for the annual President's meeting. $6000 is allocated to pay for that. Grahame had been once before as a hanger oner.....and split half of half of the $6000 with someone else. In other words, the President got $3000 and Grahame and whoever else went split the remaining $3000. Seems perfectly reasonable.

HOWEVER, last time there was only an invitation for ONE person, but Grahame took the whole $6000 anyway. Now it's all very nice to Grahame to say his wife paid her own way, but the reality is, and it was made very clear at the meeting yesterday, that as a COUPLE, they got $6000 instead of $3000.

If Grahame hadn't already had to split the money on a previous trip, I'd excuse him on this one, but it seems quite clear to me that he knew the ins and outs and how it works.

Grahame said:

5. Tony Demarco was elected by a democratic process in Victoria. As a full member, he was entitled to stand for election. The Club's constitution prevents interference in this process. I knew nothing of the first email by the incoming Victorian committee before its release. I then quickly worked with Trent and Ian to put out a second email which presented both candidates.

Grahame

The damage was done by demarco. That email he sent to all Vic members telling them to vote for you and that you have the committee's full support was a disgrace. He should be sacked for doing that. The fact that he attached a PDF filled in giving your the proxy is a complete abuse of power. FURTHERMORE, he had no right to send this as "President" or on behalf of the committee, because at that stage, he wasn't the president. I just don't understand how the vote could go ahead after something like that.

The fix was in!!

Grahame said:

6. I've have only contacted people whose numbers are in my phone, not the whole database. If state presidents and other members have chosen to support me, it has been of their own free-will and there has been no coercion or corruption of the election process.

If anyone needs further information on any of the above, please contact me.

False accusations about the Club must stop as they only pull our Club into disrepute. Let's try to use this forum positively for our Club going forward.

Grahame

Looks like you were very busy then. You had, what, 150 proxies????

The other issues that came up made you look like a fool.

1. You received an award at the last Presidents' Meeting in Italy for an event that was held in Australia. You didn't mention that you received this award to anyone on the National Committee or the people who organised the event.

Your excuse was that you don't need a crappy trophy like the one that was handed up, and that you were annoyed and insulted that such a great event received such a cheap bit of plastic. How pathetic!!! How about telling a bunch of volunteers who probably worked their guts out, that the event they put on was such a massive success that it received international recognition? This excuse sounded like complete ********, and everyone in the room knew it.

2. Advertising revenue has decreased and unpaid debts to the club have increased. You admitted that that was because of you "not realising" what some of your responsibilities are.

3. In your President's report you stated that there was and hadn't been any legal issues for the club. Turns out this wasn't true.

Watching you doing all that backpedaling was amusing, in a way, but it didn't do anything for your credibility. Your tie up with demarco is disturbing, to say the least, after what he did to the club last time he was president. The leniency of the National Committee with him last time is what's caused the problems we're about to face IMO....watch this space

I love my car.

2. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Ok, I'll explain....you have PP on ignore so now you can read his opinions on the FCA debacle.

3. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon

Or that.:D

4. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Can everyone please repost PP's post in case Simon has me on ignore too :D

5. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    No I don't..................................................but I can if it makes you feel good.:)

greg246 likes this.
  6. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    PMded you.

7. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    What a shytefight.

The whole thing should have been canned and all club members advised in hard copy with new voting forms posted.

8. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You're right for once!

9. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Simon, PP said you are right.:D

Its328 likes this.
  10. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Whom?

11. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    lol...idiot

12. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    There are obviously some issues which need to be addressed by the incoming committee BUT we do not need the mudslinging/ abuse/ he said, she said crap that s being posted here now. Move along folks...

barkleytr and 4_Eff_Sake like this.
  13. DMWC

DMWC Formula 3

Jan 23, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    David C
    I disagree - PPs posts have been informative, factual and quite free of abuse

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

jmillard308 likes this.
  14. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Yep, I agree.

And like Ian, it’s not something he HAS to do.

Too many ostriches in this world.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Maranello550 likes this.
  15. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It's not mudslinging..... Comprehension issues again?

How does anyone who wasn't at the AGM know what's going on and what was discussed otherwise? Maybe you think it'll be properly reflected in the minutes lol.

Also, I wonder why demarco interfered with the democratic process of this election and gloated about the outcome? Has grahame promised his friend demarco a future national presidency? Demarco had a huge falling out with the club years ago. Why is he back?

16. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    It would be helpful if we had a plain b&w report of what went on without all the personal vitriol.

17. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    The report is there.
    The plan is being formulated.

What vitriol? Just facts. Grahame looked extremely uneasy and fooled no one at the meeting.

For me the single worst thing was not giving credit to the team that put together the event that was awarded in Italy.

His tie with demarco is another serious matter that will be addressed very soon.

Btw... Grahame called many members asking for their support giving a very biased view of events and received many proxies as a result. Ian didn't have that same opportunity. The email from demarco with the filled in proxy backing grahame should have put an end to the proceeding to some future date imo.

18. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Definitely agree with the last paragraph.

19. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    As I've said many times, if you want to be correct, you should agree with everything I say! lol

20. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I'm not familiar with what happened - is there a DeMarcoGate website?

21. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Coming soon....but not yet

22. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    Hilariaus

Attached Files:

23. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I await with prawn on tongue

24. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    You know, what Peter reported happened at the AGM was exactly the way it went down and I was surprised by the reactions of some people but not others

I have to declare that I like both people involved and obviously have more interaction with Ian than Grahame due to the GG and GAD involvement and if there is anything good that came out of this it is that certain processes needed clarity and this was promised at the AGM

There was one funny bugger at the AGM that raised his hand and said "Can we get this over and done with as I need to put some more miles on my Pista" :p

George, you are a lunatic :)

BTW 230+ near Harden

25. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Whom are you?