Can I lower the front of my Mondial? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Can I lower the front of my Mondial?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by JLF, Sep 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cianfichi

cianfichi Rookie

Oct 21, 2013
    That is really some in-depth analysis, some of it I understand, and some I dont. What sends a flag up is having to lengthen the upper A arm by a half inch. If you don't do this the tires will wear unevenly correct? And not steer properly? All in all it seems like its best to leave well enough alone.
    Vince

2. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I like your write up and I think you will notice if you race or do track lap times, but do most of us notice when driving our horse in normal conditions?

When I drive to Italy or any other longer destination I am taking quite some stuff with me inclusive a 5kilo garage jack in the front. The luggage compartment was stacked 9luggage, some tools) and last spring a SeaSucker imperial together with a Cybex system on the back seat and 3 persons. It handled perfectly to my surprise. If I would do this with my Alfa 156 I have a totally different ride and even somewhat uncomfortable.

Speed ramps do becomes a problem though..

3. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Yes, you will have a lot of negative camber leading to tire wear, tram-lining, you need to compensate with less toe-in..., aggressive turn in (> tendency to "oversteer"), silly look ;-)