When will the SF90 first published test be out? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

When will the SF90 first published test be out?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Igor Ound, Oct 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm not sure there are many "must-haves" for resale options these days. Usually just a couple trim options and some comfort options like electric seats or something. I'd say most options have little effect on resale in terms of how easy is it to sell with respect to how much you paid. The only thing that really matters is a nice color combo. Maybe some contrasting stitching to set it off etc. Convenience options like cameras and infotainment are now standard. Maybe the lift?

You might be able to move the high spec car quicker than the low spec car... at the same asking price. The easiest car to sell is the cheapest one that's decent looking, which isn't too hard to do with a Ferrari --- red/black, contrast stitch/piping, electric seats, colored calipers, maybe a CF interior option and call it a day. The ease of selling an amazing spec generally does not outweigh the depreciation in those options.

2. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just lower the price and it will sell easier. You'll lose way more depreciating $100K in CF options than you will lowering the price a little on a more modest spec. The ease of selling an exotic car is much more related to price than spec (assuming you didn't make a horrendous green over bright red interior or something awful like that.)

Give it a normal, nice color combo and the the right price and it will sell very quickly even without all that CF stuff, and you'll still come out ahead. CF options are worth pennies on the dollar.

3. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    While those aren't out yet, I highly doubt it would be anywhere near those in performance. Just look at them. Power figures aside, those cars look way more aggressive and performance oriented than an SF90. I doubt the SF90 will have anywhere near the weight or downforce of those cars.

Ohanoune likes this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It's rather funny that you are comparing a real car (SF90 Stradale) to imaginary cars, like the Valhala.

5. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    why are you so skeptical the aston won't be produced? there's working prototypes which exist

the amg one on the other hand i'm not so sure.

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It doesn't help that Aston Martin's IPO was horrible. Down 60%. Reminds me when Lotus was supposedly releasing the new Esprit and Elise. Assuming the Valhalla does come out, it's limited to 500 units and is said to be priced 1.2M+

Not exactly apples and apples to the SF90.

7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I think it's a slippery slope. Any number of manufacturers can say they 'plan' to make a car with XXX HP. When we start talking in hypotheticals, the sky is the limit. It makes sense to me to compare cars that are on the road now to other real vehicles.

All these 'in the works' cars seem to be limited edition ultra-small runs (read: "All already sold") to collectors. I think the SF90's significant accomplishment is it's a regular series car, not limited to the Valhalla's supposed 500 units.

TheF1BOB and jpalmito like this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    With the AMG one at 3 Million, and Valhalla at 1.2M, they should be better performers then the SF90 yes?

TheF1BOB, stavura and LVP488 like this.
  9. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Working prototypes ?
    Are you talking about the crappy computer picture supposed to be taken in silverstone ?
    The hybrid V6 is far from reality , they didn't have either money or background to build this engine .

TheF1BOB, 355TDI and paulchua like this.
  10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Assuming Aston Martin did pull it off, I for one welcome it - competition is always good, it is the fuel the drives excellence. That said, anybody that's been around the motorworld knows not to count your chickens (eh, horses I mean) until they hatch!

;)

11. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Tech in the industry has moved at huge pace since MB started on Project One. It might just be that Project One is simply not that special anymore (tech wise) and for sure MB are struggling to deliver on their specifications of weight and HP etc.

paulchua and jpalmito like this.
  12. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    So true !
    And with the Amg one , Tobias Moers ( amg CEO ) in this month French sport auto said some interesting things about the car :
    - they have hugely underestimated the hybridization challenge (the German Amg Engine team has completely redesign the whole hybrid system = well done brixworth !)
    - sound level inside cockpit is awful and they have problems fixing it without adding weight .
    - he didn't say that openly but suggest the car will weight a lot more than 1350 kgs ..

So I guess SF90 stradale is alone in his own league for a moment ..( and a lot cheaper )

TheF1BOB and paulchua like this.
  13. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I think some of the recent posters here need to go back to the first few posts - the SF90 appears no closer to production than any of the others - eg post#6

14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The SF90 is no closer to production then the Valhalla? Being intellectually honest, I guess i would have to concede there is always the possibility the whole thing is cancelled in the next few months.

Even by Aston Martin's own admission, they won't be able to start building it until 2021 at the earliest if everything goes to plan. (They have lost 100M Euros just TTM)

I mean, don't take my word for it. AMs future viability has been in question not by me, but the financial markets for some time.

TheF1BOB and jpalmito like this.
  15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The SF90 is a farce - fake- fugazi.

Well, according to @greyboxer that is. He asserts the SF90 is no closer to production then the Valhalla, that is the quote to be exact.

That options, msrp, and price list on post #7? The dealer configurations meetings? The deposits put down? All a sham boys. Short RACE now, when the impending news is announced that the SF90 is cancelled, you will profit!

16. Slicknick

Slicknick Karting

Oct 15, 2019
    Willebroek, Belgium
    Full Name:
    N. Y. Yazgan
    Sorry guys, I was the one who originally posted all that about the AMG One and Valhalla... It seems I was misunderstood and have inadvertently caused a pissing contest... Let me try to clarify what I meant.

Surely, if and when they build the Merc and the Aston respectively, they would most probably be faster, given their superior power to weight ratio & aerodynamics. However, what makes the
    SF90 Stradale truly special IMO is that it would not be light years behind them, while having a far, far lower price tag compared to those two.

It's the combination of the monumental performance, and the price proposition that makes the SF90 a game changer IMO...as anything that even remotely betters it has more than 2-3 times the price (I.e. the AMG One and the Valhalla).

Anyway, back to the original topic, still no news on the timing of the test reviews, I gather?

17. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    Excuse me!, R u saying that the SF90 is cancelled? really?

paulchua likes this.
  18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Are you kidding, right ?

paulchua likes this.
  19. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Its already delayed once - look out for a possible update in the next RACE report on November 4

Over the years there have been many cars launched with deposits taken whose production was either delayed or cancelled

I doubt cancellation is likely but right now until production is actually confirmed perhaps next year your perception is inaccurate

Ohanoune likes this.
  20. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    So, they will cancel it? Really? Reasons behind? And why? Is it because of its ugly exterior design or it's because of somthing else?

paulchua likes this.
  21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
  22. Slicknick

Slicknick Karting

Oct 15, 2019
    Willebroek, Belgium
    Full Name:
    N. Y. Yazgan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

TheF1BOB, paulchua, jpalmito and 2 others like this.
  23. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK

there's a video here

24. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    there's a video here[/QUOTE]

Do you really believe this car is powered by their new hybrid V6 ?
    No way.

25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I personally think and hope AM will pull it off, but the crux is say they do, the comparison to the SF90 is not the appropriate comparison given the Valhalla is at least double the price. Also in all seriousness, the SF90 is a done deal, anybody that says the Valhalla is a sure thing has a time machine as production is planned 'late 2021' most likely in 2022. The CEO has already said they are approaching the junk bond market as AM has liquidity problems.

Do people here forget AM is currently on it's sixth owner?