458 Speciale Aperta Value Trends | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 Speciale Aperta Value Trends

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DXB599, Jul 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    My personal opinion is that one day 16M will be more valuable than SA. I think there will come a time when people will be bored with DCT and not interested in manuals and will go looking for a raw automated manual type car. I also find the design of 16M to be more fluid than that of the SA. I love the 458 in the coupe form but in the spider form with the roof up it has never looked right to me, there is something abrupt about the B pillar area.

U-Boat Commander likes this.
  2. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    Saw a speciale coupe just hit Ferrari of Denver inventory with 10k miles. I haven't paid much attention to them but it does seem like it's the first one in my mind that registers as probably available in the high 2xx price range. Private party and wholesale prices must be even more reasonable (with miles). No affiliation to car.

3. PB033

PB033 Karting

Dec 13, 2019
    Switzerland
    I've been looking at a Speciale coupe with 3k miles for about a year and its price has only dropped around 3%. Despite all the Pistas being sold, the Speciale still holds its value. I'm now considering to buy. Price is a bit over 300k. What do you think about the price?

4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    So you say the very same car is still for sale? for me it's an indication the tag price is not aligned with the market price...

LARRYH likes this.
  5. PB033

PB033 Karting

Dec 13, 2019
    Switzerland
    It was for sale in 2019 for 5 months then sold. Now it's coming back on the market for 3% less than they advertised it a year ago. The same dealer will be selling it.

6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Offer a LOT less. You hold all the cards.

09Scuderia likes this.
  7. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Agree, in this crazy market you have the advantage.
    But you’re right, I’d venture to say that the Speciale coupe has still held relatively strong with maybe an average 10% drop while the SA has dropped around 40%.
    My friend had a Rosso Corsa SA for sale 18 months, 3xxx miles, which he finally let go a couple months ago for around 485k (3-4 years ago these were moving at 800k - had a different friend buy 2 at the peak).

Anyhow, at 3k miles what’s the asking on this Coupe?
    I bought mine 3500 miles end of 2018 for 345k. You should offer low 300’s

Sent from my 16M

8. PB033

PB033 Karting

Dec 13, 2019
    Switzerland
    Thank you guys! Agree that 300k seems a fair price. They just closed all car dealerships due to Corona. So, negotiations are on hold.

9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Only one I can see for sale in Australia and it has come down a lot

10. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Wow, I’m sure upon reopening you will have even more of an upper hand ....

Sent from my 16M

11. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    In the UK in the past few months car with 7/8k miles are now being advertised £30/40k lower the examples that still sont seem to drop in terms of asking prices are the delivery mileage cars which are the collectible cars

12. PB033

PB033 Karting

Dec 13, 2019
    Switzerland
    In Switzerland Ferrari prices haven't dropped so far, but could imagine they will in the next 3-6 months. Perhaps also because it's summer season and that's when most Ferraris get sold.

13. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Those that dropped are the cars with mileage above 7/8k very low mileage cars haven’t really dropped that much but they aren’t selling either. With decent supply of pistas coming into the market i suspect that could change unless the speciale remains a bit immune as being the last na v8. The aperta are advertised around 2x the coupe in average with pista spiders now selling for much less money( and only about £50k more than the coupe) I’m curious to see the effect on speciale A.

14. vforvictory

vforvictory Rookie

Apr 3, 2014
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Paul K.
    After watching the market for months, I finally found a spec that is perfect for me. I paid 650k after negotiating it down 50k off the asking price. The car was loaded with all the right specs. In my opinion, even if the prices drop further, the car will ultimately be a million dollar car in the long run.

Being a limited edition Ferrari, the last NA V8 and being the pinnacle Ferrari of that generation are factors that have increased its value. For me, it’s amazing to drive. It sounds good, top comes down and its a car that you can use all of its power and enjoy it.

There are countless other cars that may be faster but there are few that engage the driver as the 458 SA. Remember, it’s much better to drive a slow car fast then drive a fast car slow.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Spider68, Andynyc, nmcclure and 8 others like this.
  15. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Well done!!
    Let’s see se pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Euroryno

Euroryno Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Let me just rewrite this slightly...

Remember, it’s much better to drive a ‘slow car’ fast then drive a fast car ‘slow’.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

nmcclure and vforvictory like this.
  17. vforvictory

vforvictory Rookie

Apr 3, 2014
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Paul K.
    Spider68, tomc, JackCongo and 3 others like this.
  18. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    tomc and vforvictory like this.
  19. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    vforvictory and Spider68 like this.
  20. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    vforvictory likes this.
  21. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    vforvictory likes this.
  22. vforvictory

vforvictory Rookie

Apr 3, 2014
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Paul K.
    Thanks, coming from a black 488, I was looking for something subtle but still has a great look, the Blu Scozia checked the box.

tomc likes this.
  23. Tylercoupe252

Tylercoupe252 Rookie

Aug 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    T Porter
    Congrats on the 458SA. I went through similar thought process last fall and acquired these two. My appreciation of each has grown as I drive them which is the only appreciation I am looking for

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

vforvictory and Spider68 like this.
  24. vforvictory

vforvictory Rookie

Apr 3, 2014
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Paul K.
    Congratulations, beautiful pair of stallions.

25. vforvictory

vforvictory Rookie

Apr 3, 2014
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Paul K.