F12 Carbon Bucket sitting position | FerrariChat

F12 Carbon Bucket sitting position

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by whitef12lin, Oct 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whitef12lin

whitef12lin Rookie

Sep 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ed lin
    Hey guys,

New here, Just got a 2016 F12 with Carbon Bucket Seats.

When im in the seat, i can see the two fenders but i cant see the hood. I can see the wipers and it looks like the wipers block the hood. Am i too short? (Im 5‘ 9“).

What do you guys see when your in your seat? Can you see the hood?

Thanks

Edward

2. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I have the heated full electric leather seats and have it adjusted to where my head has about 1.0 inch of clearance. Fenders are the most prominent (which I adore) and can't say the wipers are ever distracting. I need the fully adjustable seats in any car so it can be adjusted to exactly what my body needs over time. Seats are important. Hope this helps.

3. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Post a picture of the side of the seat.
    1. Lifter- may need higher seat setting. If there is a lifter ( I do not remember if that was an option), you can adjust. I suspect your question means there is no lifter. The lifter is a leaver on the side.
    2. Ask your dealer ( or do it yourself)- there are three settings for height. You may be able to look and see which it is on. You may prefer the higher/highest setting.
    Let us know what works

ScottS

4. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Unfortunately to raise the seat you need to make custom spacers:blocks to fit under the seat rails. Without the lifter there is no other way. There is no adjustment positions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk