Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 123 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Ahhh, Carlos Slim! I had no idea who bankrolled Perez until you gave that hint.

2. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    The electronic screen somewhere showed checkered flag a lap too early, so to avoid complaints from drivers that might have stopped racing too early, they have to go with the electronic "mistake" and stop everyone a lap early, so that was before Perez crashed.

375+ likes this.
  3. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    12 million pesos in fact. Isn’t that like 18 bucks or somethin?

4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Carlos Slim spends about $25m a year sponsoring Perez and Gutierez, and some other drivers as well.
    At one point, it was rumoured that he was interested in having his own F1 team.

5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    But at least Checo can drive...

Flavio_C and 375+ like this.
  6. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    He is a good mid-field driver for a second-tier team. I like him.

tifosi12 likes this.
  7. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    . . . and race.

Flavio_C likes this.
  8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Right. Straight into the wall. Well done.

9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Nahh, that's more like your friend....and on top of it he's slow!

stavura likes this.
  10. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Lance finishes ninth in Japan! It took him ten days, but he persevered! In other news, both Renaults were disqualified, but that's just a coincidence.

william and tifosi12 like this.
  11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Funny. And true.

As for Renault, an odd outcome. Seems like the FIA was afraid of beating them up too much and then Renault packing its bags. Then again who cares.

william likes this.
  12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  13. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Reporting almost 3 year old gossip news when Lance crashed in FP1 today. Come on guys your bashing is slipping :D

william likes this.
  14. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Ahhhh why bother! The guy is an oxygen thief in the world of F1 drivers.

let him go back to daddies yacht and bang some z list celebrities. (Yes off courses I’d do them then tell them to jump ship!)

15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  16. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/147909/stroll-i-need-to-look-to-myself-to-beat-perez

Lance Stroll believes he has to focus on his own weaknesses to match his Racing Point Formula 1 team-mate Sergio Perez more consistently in 2020.

Stroll only out-qualified Perez on two occasions in 2019 - with one of those intra-team wins coming at the United States Grand Prix in which Perez did not set a representative time due to a grid penalty.

Perez also finished at the head of 'Class B' in the Azerbaijan, Belgian, Mexican and Abu Dhabi grands prix, while Stroll recorded Racing Point's best finish of 2019 by taking fourth at the wild German Grand Prix.

Stroll scored points just twice after F1's summer break, compared to Perez scoring points in every race apart from the Singapore Grand Prix in which he retired after an oil leak.

Asked if it was beneficial to have a benchmark like Perez as a team-mate, Stroll said: "Yeah, for sure.

"Definitely in the second half of the season, he really got a lot of momentum going, and I think it's just his knowledge - he has been with the same team for five, six years and has knowledge of setting up the car and managing the tyres.

"A combination of all those things.

"It's great to have him across the garage for me, just picking up on details here and there.

"But at the end of the day, at this level, you have got to kind of be your own artist on the track."

He added: "I think it's about understanding how to improve some of my weaknesses, I can only speak for myself, but how to build on some of my weaknesses and then hold on to some of my strengths.

"So if you're always chasing the guy that's next to me in the garage, you are never really going to be able to beat him right?

"So you have to kind of be creative in your own way. And I think it's just about balancing that out.

"There's definitely been things that I picked up from him, especially towards the beginning of the year when everything was new to me.

17. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    LMAO...what like being a being a decent racing driver?!?

If he had/has gone to university I bet he did "Media Studies"

Cant wait to see what Perez and Ocan do this year.

DF1 likes this.
  18. How does a grid penalty affect your time? If anything, you'd be trying even harder knowing the penalty was coming. Something in the rules I'm not getting? :confused:

19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Racing Point backs Stroll to match Perez’s points tally

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2020/02/25/racing-point-backs-stroll-to-match-perezs-points-tally/

Lance Stroll has the speed and capability to match Racing Point team-mate Sergio Perez’s points tally in 2020, according to boss Otmar Szafnauer.

Stroll joined the Racing Point outfit, owned by father Lawrence, for 2019 after spending the first two years of his Formula 1 career with Williams.

Perez scored 52 points to earn a top 10 slot in the standings last year while Stroll amassed 21, as Racing Point classified seventh in the championship.

“It is his second year with us, he is on the steep end of the learning curve,” said Szafnauer on Stroll.

“He has got the speed, it is just understanding the people around him, [as a] team we have made some adjustments as well to help him, so I’m very confident that he will score as many points as Sergio, and that is exactly what we need to finish fourth.

“The years we did not finish fourth it was because we were not consistently in the points with both cars, and when we were not in the points with both cars it was because something happened to one of them.

“But the opportunity for both of them to score points was always there, and that is exactly what we are targeting. And I think it’ll happen.”

On the progress Stroll feels Racing Point has made with its RP20, the Canadian said: “It’s all relative to the competition. I haven’t driven the other cars, so I don’t know…no one knows what others are doing.

“But forgetting about everyone else, and thinking about ourselves, we’ve definitely made some big steps and I think we’re in a much better place right now than we were this time last year, which is a good thing.”

20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

So all arrangements are completed then LOL Stroll the team fave pilot.

stavura likes this.
  21. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Wow look what Lance got for Christmas ,Pink Mercedes, not bad,not bad at all.

22. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    next year, a green one?

23. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    no way Stroll scores as many points as Checo.

24. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    LMAO. Is that the script for a comedy sketch?

I don’t care who wins the titles this year. I just hope Perez and Ocan wipe the floor with that brat. And if Russell gets one or two on him I will be over the moon!