Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 109 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lovedriving

Lovedriving Karting

Jul 14, 2018
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Eric D'Amours
  2. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    8db higher engine sound level to the driver. This is welcome news and I really don't care how they get it there. But please no artificial means.

3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The volume of the engine noise is highly significant. However, equally important is the quality and tone of that sound. Listening to poorly recorded music at high SPLs on a boom box is not pleasant.

stavura and REALZEUS like this.
  4. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I used to be interested in high end audio. Audiophiles like me cared about the quality of the sound and also cared about the quality of the equipment too. Folks spent a fortune on dedicated pre amp, amp, speakers, source playback, even the cables could cost several thousand a piece.

But nowadays, most young people listen thru ear buds using their phones. Times change.

I think as the world moves to electric vehicles, the definition of what is desirable in an exotic sports car will change too.

Chizz, MANDALAY and jm2 like this.
  5. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
  6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My company designs, manufacturers and sells high end audio components. It is a very niche market with many parallels to the exotic car industry. Very few people indulge since it is rare that the love of music is so intense that mega bucks are spent on a home audio system not to mention its attendant complexity. Serious audiophiles are consumed by this passion and like super car enthusiasts, devote much of their leisure time on chat groups, with a compulsive desire to obtain the next state of the art component. Some are content to own an audio system that provides musical pleasure while others are in an eternal quest for the next best component.

daflk, Chizz and of2worlds like this.
  7. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Interesting perspective particularly about the market niche parallels.

I still love my old Mark Levinson, Wilson Audio, transparent systems (2) as well my baby system McIntosh/BW’s
    But I thing there is more market growth in the high end sports car market than high end audio, at least here in the US. But perhaps there is growth in new markets.

Chizz likes this.
  8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    You are correct. High end audio is a declining industry. Interest in serious music listening in the home is diminishing due to the the complexity and cost of esoteric components coupled by millennials weaned on sensory overload and multiple stimulation.

Chizz and of2worlds like this.
  9. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    tomc, mkultra, Chizz and 5 others like this.
  10. red308

red308 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    Pleasanton CA
    Interesting how in that low light the blue tint to the grigio titanio shows through. That is a pretty combination with the bright silver wheels, yellow calipers and cuoio/beige interior.

of2worlds likes this.
  11. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
  12. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    OK, you have just taken your brand new ferrari from the dealer and you see on every corner everyone did the same ;)

13. red308

red308 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    Pleasanton CA
    Looks like everyone is liking the diamond cut wheels! I'm not so sure...

14. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Novitec please come up with an exhaust for this car!

15. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The very first blue car has the standard wheels...

jd2 likes this.
  16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Standard wheels so much better IMO.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Agree, that's why I chose them for my spec ;)
    I still wonder why they do not propose the more classical forged wheel of the 488.

MANDALAY likes this.
  18. Deemeyere Wim

Deemeyere Wim Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2019
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Wim Demeyere
  19. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I went with the standard wheels too, agree the forged 488 wheel looks really nice on the F8 too. Gonna do something with the wheels, another Ferrari wheel or possibly some HREs.

MANDALAY likes this.
  20. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Chose standard Grigio wheel with titanium exhausts which I find makes for a nice match.

MANDALAY likes this.
  21. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    My son-in-law spec’d my F8. He chose the diamond cut wheel on RC paint. I wouldn’t have done that but seeing them on the car in this video I like them. The standard wheel looked good in 488 pics but not as convincing in person IMHO so I did the forged wheel in grey Corsa on the 488, looked better.

22. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Crazy how many at one time. Also perhaps the quietest Ferrari in history. The one car seemed to do the start-stop thing twice within a couple feet! A good corner for an Interstate battery shop.

of2worlds likes this.