Finally tested F8 on a track! | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Finally tested F8 on a track!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Hendry2019, Oct 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    First of all Little respect is all i need from you. I don’t accept such replies with sarcasm.

go to my channel on youtube and see the timeline from delivering the car to my house to the track day last spring.

What happened to Ferrari Chat?

2. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    #177 xfrgtr, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    You just a liar.
    Your youtube channel:
    My 488 Spider on the track finally

It's a 458.
    You can slow down the video to 0.25 in the settings and see that it is 458.

3. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    Im peetty sure either you cannot tell the difference between these two models or you need to wear eyeglasses.

and i dont accept accusing me as a lier.

This is a respectful ferrarichat for true ferrari owners, we dont need psychos here.

with all due respect to other great and nice ferrari owners.

4. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    You're a mythomane.

5. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    This is a short video while entering the track:

but wear your eyeglasses first.

6. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    #181 xfrgtr, Oct 25, 2019
    I'm not talking about this video
    But this one that you posted earlier, and in your youtube channel youre saying that it is your car, a 488.

My 488 Spider on the track finally
    loooooool!!!!
    You need help, it's a 458.
    You can slow down to 0.25 speed in the settings and pause the video and see that it is 458 ITALIA COUPE.

7. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I think your friend screwed up and took a video of the wrong car. The one in the video isn't even a spider.

Hendry2019 and xfrgtr like this.
  8. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    where did i say in my youtube F8? The only reference to F8 was last week video during the test and last spring when the did an event to reveal F8

9. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    Fine i will double check it again as my friend was supposed to take videos of me driving 488.

i have couple of videos, if it is a mistake, then i have no issue apologizing here about the confusion.

however i have a video of me driving 488 but slower since it is in the street

10. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Completely different sound than your previous 458 Italia video.

11. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    That's clearly a spider and sounds much deeper than the other car which is a 458. I like the 488 sound but I have one so I am biased that way.

12. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    dear friend,

i will double check the video as i have couple of versions during my 488 track.

if this really 458 and my friend who shot the video was mistakenly thought it was me. I will remove the video and apologize here.

i have a MAC, so gonna check it out.

13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Check out what...just click on the link here in the post...it takes 3 sec to “check it out.” Something rotten in the state of Denmark...
    By the way...respect is earned, not granted.

14. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    First of all,

I apologize about the unintentional mistake in the youtube videos. I checked other videos and turned out you guys were correct. So I deleted the video and uploaded another one which is my 488 Spider (100% sure).

to be honest i did not think the guy would mistakenly shot other cars during the track where he was supposed to shot my car only.

really sorry, and thank you for pointing out the mistake.

this is the updated veraion:

best regards

15. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yeah, the 488 sounds muted compared to the 812.

italiafan likes this.
  16. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Just to hijack the thread with the noise from inside a 488 ;)

(noise is for V8 - no matter N/A or turbo, music is for V12)

17. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    Yes the aound is different
    Thank for your gentle reply as from this reply I came to know I had other videos which led finding my friend mistakenly shot another car not me!

Best regards

wrs likes this.
  18. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Lol no need to slow the video down. I can watch that with my eyes closed and tell you that’s a 458. The only other car that makes a remotely similar sound is the 918 spyder but even then I can still tell the difference with my eyes shut (918 has distinct gear ratios).

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    what with this aggressiveness and bad attitude?

revealed as fraud? Is it because of my F8 test and my opinion? Or the video which i posted mistakenly as my 488 but turned 458 , and I immediately rectify this situation once i confirmed it was not my car.

And finally, watch your tongue, as this accusation seems personal.

if you have a problem with me, just say it and dont be coward.

this forum is very respectful and informative, and i dont think ppl like you will add any value here.

20. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    Yeah it was a mistake done by my friend whom i trust, but it seemed he took videos for other cars not just my car only. But i take full responsibility of this confusion and double check twice before posting anything.

lesson learned

21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Thou doth protest too much.

22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    On your last point about watches, that’s why I’ve only been buying Rolex’s. At least the average person appreciates them.

23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #198 Shadowfax, Oct 25, 2019
    I meant the vid posted by racerdj. Was not aware that was your vid up until now where some other members are calling it out as yours? I was only commenting on there being no side vent even though I looked over and over in slow mo and freeze but still could see no side vent, and looking at the car closer it was more like a 458 to me as well as sounding like one too. But maybe I'm wrong or is it just a mistake in the title of the vid? Certainly didn't want to offend you or upset you personally by calling out no side vent.

Anyway, I think a 488 sounds great and if the valves are open even better! I've heard 488 go around a track many times and I've always found the sound impressive - 458 even more so at full noise with a pipe, but in saying that, around town I find the 488 sounds better, more solid yet still clearly a Ferrari.

Hendry2019 likes this.
  24. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #199 Shadowfax, Oct 25, 2019
    I think you missed my point with Pista, F8, 488 in the context of where the enthusiast is now faced with a dilemma due to F8 and 488 being found to have barely any notable difference between how they drive and perform. Most here would already know the enthusiast doesn't care what the general public think....

It now comes down to the enthusiast to individually decide whether it is worthwhile enough to pay the significant entry fee to buy into a newer model which essentially does not drive or perform notably different to the outgoing model.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  25. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    You did the right thing by being gentle and nice in your reply. Wish some of the members would had done the same.

Anyway, others called me a fraud and lier over a video that i thought was my car. My friend screwed up things by not recording me only. And it was an easy fix since i have all the videos of the track and then replaced it with correct one. Am I getting anything by the unintentional mistake? Answer is absolutely no.

As for other members here who were not polite and gentle:
    ignorance is bliss

Cheers