Finally tested F8 on a track! | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Finally tested F8 on a track!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Hendry2019, Oct 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    Just take a look of Concide’s replies please and then judge.

Anyway, I will just let him be with his idiotic mindsets and keep calm, and will report him to the forum admins to take the necessary action according the forum general rules.

Regards

Napoli likes this.
  2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Huh. How did my country get mixed into all of this?

Hendry2019, italiafan and Shadowfax like this.
  3. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    LooooL

4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    You are concluding there is little or no discernible driving difference between the F8 and the 488 based upon little credible evidence and the absence of your own. I will reserve judgment until I have the opportunity to personally drive the F8.

5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #205 Shadowfax, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    Coincid my conclusion on the 488/F8 performance comparison has been based purely upon the personal experiences of two fellow members on this board.

If you feel these members experiences should both be dismissed as unqualified nonsense lacking in credibility then I guess that is your prerogative. If it helps, I'm sure F8 will prove to be a great car, but will it drive or feel better than 488 by any notable margin - I can't see it. Perhaps you have become a little too emotionally invested as a consequence of getting high hopes you are buying the same car as Pista just because it shares the same core engine?

Il Co-Pilota and Hendry2019 like this.
  6. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    We figured out you dont have F cars
    So when F owners say something, you need to shut your mouth and listen to them as you have zero experience and no credibility unlike true F cars owners

most of your replies are negative and kinda rude leaving us nothing but to jump over your posts to others true owners posts. In addition with reporting your posts to the admins cuz you are rude and don’t respect other members as if you are the only one who knows supercars.

hopefully we see a real action against you from the admins

Napoli and Shadowfax like this.
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #207 Shadowfax, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    Coincid is just hoping to find a way forward from his Lambo and has seized upon F8 as being some kind of major revolution of 488 and Pista combined due to having the same basic power unit. However what he has seemingly forgotten is that a Pista has been set up a whole lot differently to the 488 and F8 which is why it is so easy to tell the difference in the way Pista drives against these. This is annoying the crapper out of Coincid big time as he feels because F8 has the same power unit it MUST drive the same as a Pista. He seems reluctant to acknowledge the F8 and 488 as being basically the same set up, and car, because in times gone by he has rubbished the 488 as being not good enough for his liking. So now there are members who have reported they can't tell much difference between the 488 and F8 has freaked him out a bit because I think he has one on order.

Added to this reality are reports that the F8 sounds like a vacuum cleaner from the outside also hasn't been very helpful. I wouldn't worry too much about it even though a few have been a bit rude and disrespectful....little doubt about that one. These guys will get over it eventually.

Hendry2019 likes this.
  8. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    well said and spot on.

you did a great job in analyzing this guy and the way he thinks which absolutely makes sense

if i knew that he doesn’t have 488 or any F car, i would ignore his post from the beginning and not waste my time with him.

funny thing is that he criticizes 488 owners who tested F8 and he did not test them both on a track. If he is waiting for a miracle to happen to make F8 totally game changer, then i guess he is gonna wait forever.

I have 488 spider, and i can order F8 right now, but i did not. Cuz the minor differences I noticed tell me it is not worth the extra cash! But if F8 Spider, then maybe i would have a second thought cuz it is just a newer version of my 488 Spider.

cheers

9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    It's pretty clear F8 is no game changer. Nice car though for those without a 488 looking to enter the fray.

Hendry2019 and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I have to admit there is nothing quite like a good fox hunt but it appears on this occasion that the hounds were released a bit too early and wound up ahead of themselves. Oh well - there will always be a "next time".

Hendry2019 and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  11. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, F8 is a slightly quicker, more technical and better looking 488. What has certain board members loosing it is that the F8 is the third iteration of the 458. Typically Ferrari does a major mid cycle refresh and then a brand new series, the F8 is a gap car to compete against the 720S which demolished the 488.

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Very true. The looks is subjective though. But it is ijdeed a car Ferrari put out very quickly as a response to the 720S. This is not an assumption. This I got straight from the Cavalinos mouth.

But as I explained earlier on as was conveyed to me. Power wise, little noticable difference. Makes sense as torque moves cars, and 1.4% increase is not much.
    It does feel better in terms of ESC and SSC. A bit less intrusive is what I was told, as well as a greater ability to let the rear step out.
    Slightly better interior feel.
    It is very much 488 at heart, but refined in a subtle way.

13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Just an expression....:)

14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Haha, I know. Just thought it was fittingly deadpan thing to say, in lieu of how off the rails this all has gone:D

italiafan likes this.
  15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Hey look at you all bright eyed and bushy tailed.
    This thread is in need of comical releif:)

gzachary likes this.
  16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    According to Ferrari, the F8 is closer to the Pista, rather than the 488.

17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Not really; what matters is power and that's why the Pista is a lot quicker than the base 488:

tomc likes this.
  18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    A quote from Hamlet, to be precise. ;)

19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Maybe in a straight line. But some of us expect more from a Ferrari than just a point and shoot in a straight line..:)

20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I will have to disagree somewhat. Hp is just a function of torque. Torque is power.

As I mentioned somewhere else, a tech told me something interesting regarding the Pista and its power in relation to the F8.
    As you know, Ferrari regulates power in the lower gears by pulling timing and boost. What he said was specifically that the Pista runs both more timing and more boost in the lower gears compared to the F8. So while the power numbers on top are the same in 7th gear wot, it's a different story in 3, 4, 5, and 8 apparently. Since Ferrari has gotten this variant to play with, when tuning their cars as well as creating their personality, it makes a lot of sense.

Something else I've been wondering about. Does anybody know for a fact that the 488, F8 and Pista shares the same gearratios, as well as final drive ratio?

21. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Really? I thought that was from James Joyce, or was that one “...something rotten in the city of Dublin?”

I think your underwear is a couple sizes too small. ;)

Gh21631 and Shadowfax like this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    When you say according to Ferrari. Are you relaying info a Ferrari rep has told you, or?

Because I've been told the opposite by two different reps on two different occasions.

Shadowfax likes this.
  23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Torque is what you feel and HP is how long you feel it.

24. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    ROFL!