concours points | FerrariChat

concours points

Discussion in '308/328' started by Nino1964, Oct 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nino1964

Nino1964 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2015
    North Georgia
    Does anyone know how you go about finding how many points you earned in a Concours?

2. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Not sure about the question. Are you talking about a recent club event?

There are different events nationwide and your specific event class judge/panel should have provided you your assessment sheet with noted deductions and observations with the award (if any).

absostone likes this.
  3. Nino1964

Nino1964 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2015
    North Georgia
    I entered my first Concours this weekend at the Chattanooga Car Festival Concours. Hate to sound ignorant but Im not sure how you get the assessment sheet.

4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Maybe call the club organizers?

sltillim, Rosey and Nino1964 like this.
  5. Nino1964

Nino1964 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2015
    North Georgia
    I emaileone of the administration officials and he replied that they don't give participants result forms.

6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    ive never done a concours , But did you ask why? I don't understand that

7. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    very odd - not the norm, but then again different events set their own rules.

absostone likes this.
  8. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    If your car was judged at an IAC/PFA event, such as Cavallino or the FCA Nationals, you contact your Chief Class Judge after the event and ask for your score sheet. They will send it to you.

Rosey and absostone like this.
  9. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    OP stated it was at the "Chattanooga Car Festival Concours" - It appears to be new event and probably not following guidelines found/common to someone who participates at events like the FCA international. If it was run more like a show, I doubt he will get his score sheet.

10. Beard Bros.

Beard Bros. Karting

Aug 22, 2018
    Midwest USA
    Full Name:
    James
    I attended the Geneva IL Concours this last August and asked for my judging sheet also. I was also told the sheets were not given out but they were nice enough to let me know some things that need improvement on my car to attain a better score. That is really all was after anyway, finding out where the points were being deducted.

absostone likes this.
  11. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    The whole idea of a concours is to allow the owner to know how to improve their car to make it more original and to improve their score next time.
    These judges that don't give out score sheets are doing a disservice to the owner and ultimately to the quality of Ferraris in general.

Beard Bros. and 328PWC like this.