Passenger mirror moves up in reverse? | FerrariChat

Passenger mirror moves up in reverse?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by buddyg, Oct 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I’ve heard of mirrors dipping down to see the curbs when going into reverse but mine is now tilting up? Just started since I got it back from service, any ideas?

2. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Page 167 in the manual explains it, but it's easy to miss it.

Put the car into reverse, adjust the mirror(s) - the car will memorize that adjustment and duplicate it anytime you put the car into reverse. So to correct your situation, put the car into reverse and (while in reverse) adjust the mirrors how you want them.

Put the car into drive, adjust the mirrors how you want them. Go back into reverse, the mirrors should automatically go back to the reverse settings (e.g. pointed down to help you back up near a curb).

Ray

Streetsurfer and nero corsa like this.
  3. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Not my thread post but that's great information cause in reverse my mirrors are way too low-thanks

RayJohns likes this.
  4. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Awesome thanks!

RayJohns likes this.
  5. Corradosv

Corradosv Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Monaco MC
    WOW this is interesting!
    Very useful info, I didn't know that!
    Do you know by experience if this works even with no seat memory? I am asking because I am not 100% sure I got the manual (looks like it is a feature of the seat memory) and I couldn't make it work on mine (manual racing seats), so I am wondering whether I did something wrong in the procedure, so it is worth more tries, or not.

6. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    This kind of feature is EXACTLY why I sold my 2017 SL63 and bought a 2001 gated 360 Spider.

Elisesko likes this.
  7. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    worked for me!

8. Corradosv

Corradosv Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Monaco MC
    good to read!
    I'll give some more try, then.
    Thanks

9. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Not sure, although I did have full electric seats on my car. If you continue to have problems, you might try disconnecting the battery to clear the ECU's and reset the car. Make sure to read the battery reconnect procedure in the manual.

Ray

10. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony

Buddy - so are you saying that the mirrors move down even with the manual racing seats?

11. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Having the side mirror tilt down when backing up is super handy. I had mine setup so that it would angle in and down, so I could get a perfect view of the curb and wheel. I would assume all cars do this, with or without the seat memory stuff.

Ray

12. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I don’t know mine are the Daytona’s but Not sure why what kind of seat you have would matter with what the mirrors do?

13. Corradosv

Corradosv Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Monaco MC
    OK thanks I will try that as the last chance...

14. Corradosv

Corradosv Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Monaco MC
    The reasons why I asked are:
    1) Mainly because I didn't succeed in this and I have the manual seats, but I will be very happy to find out I did something wrong, so sure I will try again.
    2) Because in the owner's manual the procedure is someway related and following the memory seats adjustment instructions.
    3) Because it makes technical sense that the ability to store a mirror position goes together with the ability to store a seat position: you may or may not have a memory buffer somewhere in the body computer.
    Having said that I would be much happier if there is no relation instead, like others say, and I will try better.

15. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    As Corradosy mentions above, I'm pretty sure that the folding and reversing mirror feature is only present when you have the electric seats. It makes sense regardless of the other features on the car. I have race seats and I have no electric folding or reversing mirror function, hence why I was curious what seats you had.

16. Corradosv

Corradosv Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Monaco MC
    After further trying I can (sadly) confirm I don't have this feature on my car with manual race seats.
    It could be something not working or related to the model year (mine is a 2013 build), but I don't think so...

17. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Thanx Ray ….

IF this was so … yes … but only on versions equipped with driver's seats with memory …. pitty I don't have them … :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Corradosv

Corradosv Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Monaco MC
    yes this was my understanding too...

Melvok likes this.