buying first ferrari | FerrariChat

buying first ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by keithfromct, Oct 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. keithfromct

keithfromct Rookie

Oct 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    keith friedman
    Im going to be purchasing a ferrari gtc4lusso 12 cyl tomorrow. This is my first Ferrari and main reason for this model , besides thinking its really cool is that I have a 5 year old who is obsessed with cars who can ride everywhere with me. I have a few questions I was hoping all of you experts could answer if possible.
    1. should I expect depreciation like the FF if/when Ferrari comes out with an SUV?
    2. How do all of you enthusiasts think about the Lusso?
    Thanks so much and Im sorry if these questions have been asked before but this is my first time to this forum.

Keith

2. lewishou

lewishou Rookie

Jun 7, 2008
    Atherton, CA
    Welcome to the forum Keith. I have found this forum to be very friendly and helpful (many experts here). Hope you will too.
    I think the Lusso and FF are both cool with interesting designs. But in my opinion they will both depreciate significantly over time. Just a small target audience. But if you are getting it to have that special experience with your child, then I doubt you will worry about that 13 years later when he/she goes to college. I personally would still get a mid engine 2 seater because they are more racy. Just put a car seat and turn off the airbag. Not sure what your state rules are, but if that is acceptable, then why not. I used to do that with my girls, but unfortunately for me, they outgrew that phase.

3. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Are you buying the car new or used? I have been looking and think one of the greatest values if you want a 12 cylinder car is a lightly used Lusso or FF.

J

Face76 likes this.
  4. keithfromct

keithfromct Rookie

Oct 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    keith friedman
    Thanks so much — unfort i think my wife might stab me if I tried to put the booster seat in the front

5. keithfromct

keithfromct Rookie

Oct 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    keith friedman
    Its a 2019 with about 1.5k miles priced around 290

6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Unfortunately whether there is an SUV or not, that car will depreciate significantly, certainly along the lines of the FF.

7. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome - there's also much Lusso discussion in the FF/Lusso etc section - scroll down - its worth taking a look

keithfromct likes this.
  8. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I have a 2012 FF for a daily driver. It replaced my M5 with it. I just smile every time I press the accelerator. I also have a gated 430 spider for fun on backroads

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Themaven likes this.
  9. keithfromct

keithfromct Rookie

Oct 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    keith friedman
    I ended up getting the Lusso. While I know its going to depreciate— the kick my son gets out of sitting in back seat makes it all worthwhile

Groshyubcha and ryalex like this.
  10. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    You will never regret it. Also the Lusso will seat your son til he is a teenager and beyond, I took my family across Europe in a Lusso last summer and my kids were 13 and 16 then. The 12 cylinder is the aristocrat but one day you may also like the V8 which is the hooligan, without 4WD..these are very classy cars. It will depreciate, but if you don’t mind that, you’re in one of the best all round Ferraris ever made.

Groshyubcha, keithfromct and ryalex like this.
  11. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Also, these cars are tyre sensitive. I recommend PS4Ss on a Lusso, especially if it has P Zeros currently and you drive in cooler and wetter weather frequently (not winter conditions).

keithfromct likes this.
  12. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    You've got your priorities in order. Forget the depreciation, the miles and memories with your family will more than make up for it. Post some pics of your new ride, and congrats...T

keithfromct likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

1-Heck Yes!
    2-Just a newer FF about to lose big depreciation ; more tech, less sound. Great car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. lewishou

lewishou Rookie

Jun 7, 2008
    Atherton, CA
    Congratulations! Post some pictures when you get a chance.

15. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    She should ;)

16. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    MB makes a booster that automatically turns the front airbag off. my kids never want to go in the back seat of the ff - there's hardly any space - that's been my experience at least. they find the back seat of my 2017 fiat 500 abarth much more comfortable. they are all way out of boosters now but the only way each of them wld go in that car is in the front with booster.

17. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    Go find a really nice 612. The back sear is useful by adults. It is plenty fast. You save a lot of money.
    Buy an OTO.

18. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Yeah but the 612 is too old for a first ferrari IMO, it would turn him off the brand when any problem occurs, although I agree it would save a lot of money

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  19. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    Man, them’s fighting words!!

too old?

20. Natkingcolebasket69

M’y first Ferrari was a testarossa and although it had grêlons I expected and I loved taking it to the shop to talk about it!;)

21. Natkingcolebasket69

M’y first Ferrari was a testarossa and although it had grêlons I expected and I loved taking it to the shop to talk about it!;)

F612 likes this.
  22. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    I promise I didn't mean to fight!!! hahah

I just mean if he's got a son, his priority is probably having fun, not talking car talk with the mechanic

I still think the 612 in classifieds is one of the most GORGEOUS colors

F612 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

I hear what u are saying ; I got the ff because my family is bigger now and although it’s a real Ferrari I still think my Testarossa was more of a Ferrari than the ff;)

24. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Awesome..... congrats

keithfromct likes this.