Countdown til Sid (and Belgian GP) | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Countdown til Sid (and Belgian GP)

Discussion in 'F1' started by Nortonious, Aug 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Sid has a long history of fabricating Tifosi victimization on FerrariChat and slighting other members throughout throughout the F1 forum, which creates a toxic atmosphere. Previously, he was given a site-wide ban for this behavior. On this occasion, the account restriction applied was specific to the F1 forum only.

Here is the message following his last deleted F1 post:

This was accompanied with the private message:

"Here's the consequence of demanding we do what you want otherwise you'll go on the war path: your F1 access has been removed.

I see no indication that you will ever reform to cease being a disruptive influence upon the F1 forum. Until that changes, you will not have access."

There is no countdown this time - the duration of F1 forum access revocation is indefinite.

All the best,
    Andrew.

thirteendog likes this.
  2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    He's not toxic Andrew, he's just a Tiffosi, a passionate one, that shouldn't be a reason to ban him, quite the opposite.
    The f.1 section as always been a controversial place, and that isn't a bad thing, (i mean we already have the races to bore us, at least the discussion should be fun, otherwise, what's the point in having them?)
    Stewards are killing f.1, you you guys are doing the same with the f.1 section....just look at the posts count since most tiffosi decided to put "group 44" on ignore...is that really the f.1 section Fchat wants? Because it's already half dead, adn when Eltonfans leave (because they don't have anyone else to piss, it will be over). I personally feel sad for it, because i spent a lot of hours here, because i met great people there, had fun, got angry...it felt like home, and it's hard to see it recked by people who don't give a **** about it...but hey, i'm just a guest, so what do i know....

fil, stavura and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  3. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #403 NeuroBeaker, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    He cloaks himself in his fandom in order to excuse poor behavior on the forum. The moderators are sensitive to the fact that Tifosi are a passionate crowd, but Sid was made well aware over many years that proclaiming himself a Tifoso did not give him carte blanche to run roughshod over the forum when seeing the posts of other fandoms became personally offensive to him.

The damage to the F1 section was done by uncompromising groups who decided that they would use a mob mentality to drown out and discourage opinions they didn't agree with, using caustic interactions at high volume and incessant frequency. Some like Tesla and toil received permanent bans for trolling. On the other hand, I've spent years trying to reinforce the message that interactions must be cordial and that the set standard is one of a general F1 forum on a Ferrari website, not a Ferrari F1 forum invaded by non-Tifosi, yet Sid absolutely refused to accept this and declared war on non-Tifosi and moderators alike. I'm well aware that Sid is popular with the Tifosi on the forum. As some will remember, some time ago I reached out via PM to see if any I considered more level-headed could exert some friendly influence to rescue the situation - unfortunately, that initiative was not successful.

I have concluded that the efforts to help him to reform this behavior were to no avail and that his continued presence with his current mindset was untenable.

All the best,
    Andrew.

ATBNM3, DF1, william and 1 other person like this.
  4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

There has been a consistent effort on the part of the moderation team to explain the guidelines to Sid to no avail, he simply doesn't believe the rules include him. The inevitable result is what we see now.

D

ATBNM3, bernardo66, DF1 and 3 others like this.
  5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

He doesn't operate in a vacuum.

D

william and DF1 like this.
  6. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
  7. #407 lorenzobandini, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  8. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    well, I guess we could do a count-UP thread....

Personally I feel the mods are missing the mark here. F-Chat and F1 section are not the better for Peter and Sid's departures.

Some of the best sports forums I participate in are the least moderated.

9. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    Ahhh... good ole Hanoi Jane. I'll stop. That's a discussion for P&R.

Nortonious and lorenzobandini like this.
  10. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Peter's departure is voluntary, since he couldn't accept confining himself to merely one critical post per mod action instead of derailing threads for days, as was explained by Yin - Peter suggested and preferred the exclusion option himself.

I agree that less moderation is better. I hope this recent moderation action means that much less will be required going forward.

All the best,
    Andrew.

11. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I will miss Sid's rabidity.

pilotoCS and 375+ like this.
  12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

We have forum rules and standards. I have no issue with that and it allows us to be here together to discuss all of F1. I see nothing wrong with this for the F1 Forum.

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes Andrew, there will be less moderation, because there won't be anyone else left to moderate, because trust me, the moment Ferrari starts winning, elton fans will vanish since they can't troll tifosi anymore.
    I agree this is complicated, on one hand, the owners want this to be a global f.1 thread, but like it or not, if this is ferrarichat, it's likely to be populated with Ferrari fans, and, except for a very few exceptions that actualy like Ferrari but also fancy other drivers or marques, we all know that the vast majority of non tifosi are only here to bother Ferrari fans, it's a fact, and everyone knows it, because NO ONE goes to a specific team forum to talk about other teams or drivers unless to pick a fight, as many have stated, try to do the same on Eltonchat or mercedeschat, or Mclaren char or whatever and you will see the result.
    I understand and agree that this is a place for everyone, but you guys know very well the intention behind a certain group of posters, and yet they are alowed to play hide and seak with the rest.
    I guess we already had this discussion a 1000 times, heck your smarter than me, so you know i'm right, and i even believe most of you guys would like to do things diferently but i guess sometimes logic just doesn't apply.
    The f.1 section is falling apart, and most likely, one day, ferrari fans will pick up the pieces and make it a great place again, but until then it will be a very sad place.

14. Heh. I was going to mention that, but didn't for the same reason. She was still pretty hot in the Barbarella intro and other scene (;)), 'specially for the time.... :)

15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Can't the Mods just put Sid on ignore instead ?o_O

16. What sort of convoluted logic is behind that?

In my 65+ years on this planet, I've found that those that make such irrational statements such as "we all know that the vast majority of non tifosi are only here to bother Ferrari fans, it's a fact, and everyone knows it, because NO ONE goes to a specific team forum to talk about other teams or drivers unless to pick a fight," do so because either A) it's what they do themselves,
    B) Only associate with those that do so, or C) both. And, human nature being what it is, assumes that's the way everyone is. I haven't noticed the "vast majority" of non tifosi "picking a fight" with unsavory language and accusations.

I can carry on a conversation for or against any team and any driver as an adult; intelligently, without the immature trash talk that seems rather prevalent by those that can't handle rational debate. Because one disagrees with another's position does not make them a troll, 'cept for A, B, or C above.

'Didn't "care" for Michael but never had to comment on his personal life with garbage talk. I discussed what I didn't like about his racing/sportsmanshup.

The mods are just trying to clean the forum up. That isn't a helluva lot to ask. Although, apparently, it is for some.

No mas.

Sorry Andrew et al, I had to.

17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    You can, and so can others, but that's not what many are here for, and if you haven't figured that out, maybe you're noy paying atention. This is so blatant that when many stop posting in the f.1 section and went to the Aussie section, one of these "gentleman" folowed us there to continue to pester and harass...unfortunatly for him, the Australians delt with him on the spot!
    Convuloted logic you say? how normal do you think it is for a vegetarian to go to a stake house, and start bashing everyone eating stakes, proclaiming vegan is the only way to go!?
    Surely a vegan can have a rational discussion with someone that eats everything, but searching them on a meat restaurant is a bit farfetched wouldn't you say so?

stavura, Nortonious and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  18. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Noticed PS has resurfaced down under in the F1 season thread.....

19. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I've spent many years debating this point with you guys.

The policy of the site, as set by our founder, is that this is a general F1 forum on a Ferrari oriented site. It is not a Ferrari F1 forum exclusively for Ferrari fans on a Ferrari site for the purposes of providing Tifosi a safe space away from exposure to the views of other fan groups. These are the terms under which you must agree to participate, otherwise your option is to remove yourself from the discussion.

If you refuse to accept those terms and take it upon yourself to enforce a policy of your own choosing to drive off contributors you don't like, then you will be involuntarily removed by the moderation team.

All the best,
    Andrew.

20. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    I fail to understand why some tifosi are so easily provoked. Even if the intention is for some to disrupt, as you say. Is it really that hard to not take the bait? For Pete's sake this is an anonymous Internet forum about cars. Not life or death. SMH.

thirteendog, william, DF1 and 2 others like this.
  21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Most of us don't anymore, because all the trolls are on ignore....

stavura likes this.
  22. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That's because the so-called "tifosi" consider this forum to be their private club.
    They do not wish to exchange with other F1 followers or share their space with non-Ferrari supporters.
    Intolerance is at the root of many conflicts on this forum.

23. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, I honestly don't get why a non tifosi would go to a Ferrari forum. It's not about the trolling, just that are better places for them. Here there won't be as much non-Ferrari info as in other sites and it's expected some kind of bias in all the users. They're welcome, but IMO they're wasting their time.

I come just because this is my one stop place for road and racing Ferrari stuff and I've grown accostumed to the crowd, even the trolling ones, but there is more in depth info at F1technical or other sites.

24. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    And now getting back to the topic, after three disappointing races I think that moderators should ban someone to get back to the top.

I volunteer myself. Do you think that if I use the "n word" with Hamilton will be enough for the rest of the season?

Nortonious likes this.
  25. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Well, according to NeuroBeaker no later than a couple of post above (#419),
    “ … this is a general F1 forum on a Ferrari oriented site. It is not a Ferrari F1 forum exclusively for Ferrari fans … “
    So long as that principle holds, I will fell myself welcome here.

ATBNM3 likes this.