Wheel Identification & Refinish Near Charlotte NC | FerrariChat

Wheel Identification & Refinish Near Charlotte NC

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by West Point, Oct 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. West Point

West Point Karting

Oct 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    West Point
    Hi, I have just acquired an F430. The (after market?) 20" wheels are in perfect condition (two years old) but they are black. I prefer the more traditional factory silver look. So, does anyone in the NC / SC area know of a good shop that will refinish my wheels in silver?

Presumably the shop will remove and remount the tires from the rims and I don't need to get that done separately?

Also, I understand that these wheels look very like the 458 wheels (picture below) but, as the 458 bolt pattern is different, they can't be 458 wheels (they are not absolutely identical anyway. Can anyone out there identify these wheels (manufacturer / style) ? Thanks.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. West Point

West Point Karting

Oct 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    West Point
    Clarification - the picture is of my after market wheels not OEM 458 wheels !

3. Sc330i

Sc330i Rookie

Feb 18, 2019
    Innovative wheel solutions in Greenville, SC has always done quality work and is not terribly expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    I actually just used Innovative last month. Apparently I had two hairline cracks in my Audi’s rear wheels and they were able to fix them up with no issues. Really, really nice people.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. Grigio 308

Grigio 308 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    Contact Peter (Owner) or Sean (Operations Manager) at Automotive International in Charlotte. They service the vast majority of Ferraris and other specialty marques in the area. They have done numerous full restorations which of course include wheel work.

www.automotive-international.com
    704-521-2886

6. PETER@TEAM AI

PETER@TEAM AI Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    We can get those done for you. We have used the same company for a decade or more. They dismount, repair, powder coat (the correct way to change color) and mount.

Give us a call.

Cheers
    Peter

7. West Point

West Point Karting

Oct 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    West Point
    So, just to follow up, I did contact Peter at Automotive International and I now have beautiful wheels expertly refinished in Argento Nurburgring (the original Ferrari color).

Great guys, great facility & a great job.

Thanks

8. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Agreed! They did mine as well. Show is a pic!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat