Sold - Exceptional 1989 328 GTB, 11k mile investment grade classic! | FerrariChat

Sold Exceptional 1989 328 GTB, 11k mile investment grade classic!

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Joseph_Maniaci, Oct 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joseph_Maniaci

Joseph_Maniaci Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Offered for sale after nearly 17 years of my ownership (and I'm the 3rd owner), is my stunning, collector-grade 1989 Ferrari 328 GTB, chassis #79054. Now showing 11,373 original miles, this is possibly the most original, unmolested example of one of the rarest and most desirable variations of the 308/328 series to be found, with fewer than 40 examples being delivered for model year 1989 in North America. 1989 brought the appearance of ABS brakes in the 328 series, along with a host of other desirable refinements and cosmetic changes. Longtime ownership by Ferrari of Houston sales professional and maintained by Ferrari of Houston. Finished in classic Rosso Corsa over Beige Connolly hides and Castoro carpets. This Ferrari wears it's outstanding original paint with no respray, and original supple leather seats that have not been re-dyed or restored yet show remarkably little sign of wear.

Full photo set can be seen here:

https://josephvman.smugmug.com/1989328GTB

Expertly maintained and extensive major service completed in 2007 at 9,192 miles. Fuel pump and fuel lines, front brake lines, and fluids recently changed. The car is due for a timing belt service based on time, and the tires should also be replaced based on age. The car has been used sparingly over the past 6-7 years, and correctly stored in a climate-controlled facility for the better part of the past three years. Offered with original books, tools, jack, emergency light, radio blank faceplate, and Ferrari 328-correct car cover and satin red seat covers.

The only departures from originality are the Alpine alarm system and the right-side foam air-intake hose, which like all of them had deteriorated beyond restoration and replaced with an appropriate spec high-temperature hose to the airbox. Cosmetic flaws are extremely minor and all consistent with normal use: few rock pecks on the lower front fascia and front hood louvers, minor marks on the outer edges of the wheels (which are unrestored originals) and an area of thinning paint on the right edge of the rear decklid. The black paint on the underside of the engine cover is flaking and shows some minor corrosion, and the silver crinkle-finish on the throttle body is starting to delaminate. The fabric on the rear shelf in the passenger side rear window has a minor tear in it.

Everything in the car works as it should, and it revs cleanly, brakes perfectly, and feels tight as it was when new. In my opinion the 328 GTB is the most beautifully balanced Ferrari of the era, as well as being one of the most perfectly executed designs in their history. This is an excellent original example of a model that is rarely available for sale and has outstanding prospects for future appreciation. Fairly priced at $139,900. I would only consider a late model Porsche 930 Turbo in similar original condition and mileage as trade. Please no other trade offers, dealers, or brokers. Please no “what’s your best price” inquiries. Thank you for looking!

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Gorgeous, GLWS. I miss my GTB every day.

Todd308TR likes this.
  3. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    There were 34 1989 328 GTBs made for the US market. This is one of them. When is the last time you saw an 89 328 GTB come up for sale?

And this car has 11K miles. 100% original paint and interior.

This is as good as it gets. And you couldn't ask for a better owner. Joe has been the sales manager at Ferrari of Houston for years, and he's seen everything. Buy with utter confidence.

4. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Awards? Anything exceptional in its pedigree?

A/C and condition?

suitable for occasional driving or primarily show?

and you just made me feel bad about my 2016 911 carrera cabriolet with just 6k miles (non turbo)

5. Joseph_Maniaci

Joseph_Maniaci Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Houston, TX
    It won a local FCA "Best in Class" (80's models I recall) event at an annual FCA Ferrari Festival quite a few years ago, and I haven't really shown it since. It will be in this year's festival on December 1st in Houston. A/C works as well as they do in these cars, and it will be recharged prior to sale. Condition is truly exceptional throughout and this car would fly through Classiche certification. I had serious thoughts of putting it in Cavallino this year, which is a bucket list item of mine, but didn't act quickly enough or have the time to prepare it the way it deserves to be shown. There are plenty of Houston F-Chatters who know the car, and have bought many Ferrari's from me at the dealership over nearly the two decades I've been there. I'd be happy to meet with any of them on behalf of a bonafide interested party. Thank you for all the kind thoughts and "Likes"!

The Singer and dustman like this.
  6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    We talk often and I can say this owner has decided "now is the time" and anyone looking on should now that this is indeed a time capsule car.

GLWS Joe, you can have the keys to mine anytime. for a late night blast!

7. Lipf430

Lipf430 Rookie

Mar 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Philip pilla
    Please send let me know how to email you ...
    Thank you

8. JPMD

JPMD Karting

Jan 17, 2016
    FL
    Full Name:
    John
  9. Joseph_Maniaci

Joseph_Maniaci Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Sale pending on the GTB. Thank you for all the inquiries and kind words!

10. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    That car is a time capsule wonderfully preserved and respected. Bravo and congrats on sale.

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Knowing a few things about 89 328 GTB’s, I can say this car is a utter steal for the asking price. Looks like a beautiful example.

12. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Just for the record, could you please disclose engine, gearbox and assembly number ? Did Ferrari of Houston was the original dealer ?

13. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    everyone (not me) ******* and moans about cars are meant to be driven - well i disagree - seeing cars like this is an immense joy and captures the nostalgia more than even driving it!!!
    awesome awesome car!

Avia11 likes this.
  14. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    The car is gorgeous!

15. ak86

ak86 Rookie

Nov 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    Andreas Koeberl
    What a gorgeous car!

16. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Congrats on the Sale Joe, I know it was a long considered decision....

Best to you, brother......let me know how you are doing!
    And we will catch a Jesse Dayton show.....

17. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    Awards ? Pedigree ? What kind of question is that ? It’s a bloody car... not some kind of fency pet....just check it out and buy it if you’re looking for something like it.

davemqv likes this.
  18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I totally disagree. It’s a Vintage Ferrari, advertised as investment grade. Awards and provenance matter a great deal to many buyers. While it’s only one factor for consideration, it’s still a very understandable question.

19. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It has sold...…..I saw the owner at a recent social event, and he's doing well..

Thanks for looking.

crinoid likes this.