F40 Photos | Page 128 | FerrariChat

F40 Photos

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by TexasMike, Mar 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Post-production.

I'd be the guy on the roof.

of2worlds likes this.
  2. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    Sir_Ferrari likes this.
  3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    91078, delivered new to Walter Bordese's Symbol Car SpA for Stefano Bucci.
    Assembly #08319.
    10 September 1991 factory build start.
    20 December 1991 completion date.
    Engine #28666.
    Gearbox #496.
    Scaglietti Body #359.
    Recently with DK Engineering, James Cottingham.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds likes this.
  4. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Is that the one which had a mishap on a trip to Italy last year? apologies if I have mixed it up with another UK based ex race F40

5. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    I believe that one was a prototype that was built to GT specs. A different car.

PAUL500 and joe sackey like this.
  6. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Ah, was hoping it had been rebuilt and was back out there again, as I recall seeing a pic of a bare F40 chassis at DK a few months ago and was putting two and two together.

7. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    Not sure they quite nailed the paint on this one. The original Brunei pics look more satin than matte, and the red stripe seems much darker now than it used to.

8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Anything other than the original factory spec is a real shame. I don’t care whom owns it or who restored it.

Collesano likes this.
  9. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I believe the car you are thinking of is 74047, and there was not much left to rebuild, certainly not within a year, that said with sufficient resources, Ferrari SpA could give this chassis number a rebirth and the car could experience a second coming.

Of interest, the same owner's Miura SV also burned to the ground in 2013.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Here below is this car, 91283 finished in it's original Gun Metal Grey when John Collins had it fir sale at Talacrest in 1991 (of note the Sultan also had another F40 in a similar livery, 85074 in Anthracite). My sometimes flawed notes say DK Engineering spent about $160k converting the Sultan's Gun Metal car back to original Rosso Corsa but keeping the RHD configuration. Now the car is back to Gun Metal Grey once more

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds and cnpapa24 like this.
  11. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Yes that is the one, I bet it is in the process of being rebuilt somewhere, as we know, the value is in the ID, regardless of what was left. The owners son is the one behind Tax the Rich.

12. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    People are now taking their standard Silver Carrera GT and sending them to Porsche Classic to get restored with changed paints and totally new liveries.

Will more F40 owners ever branch out and do similar things to the Blue F40 rolling around?

I think if the metallic green Carrera GT I’m referring to went to auction it would trade at a premium...... just a thought. I love it in red and I am a purist but there are a lot of them in that color. Just a thought. Looks rad in Anthracite with the red stripe IMHO.

13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I think the desire to change original colors on iconic cars is not something that will stand the test of time IMO.

14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    If it's still at DK, hopefully they'll turn it around, drive it back into the shop and get working on reversing what was done to the car, returning back to it's intended spec.

15. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013

I will absolutely agree that most every iconic car the majority of ppl know to restore as it left the factory.

I would say the future might have some to say I love the F40 but in this color, or a CGT in that color. Seems to be happening on that rare occasion and I can appreciate it. Some dare to be different. After all it doesn't ruin the car forever if someone decides to change it back. Just dollaz

16. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Yes from an artistic or aesthetic point of view color changes can be appreciated, the problem you run into is, as the cars get more valuable, understandably, someone putting up 7 figures will almost always want a car that is as the original artisan created it

17. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    If that happened then that would be the 4th color-change then, soon it'll be like a cat with 9 lives, but as rmolke85 says, no worries, it can always go back, and I bet that one day it will

18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Let’s hope

19. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Not sure why its gone back to that awful scheme, especially as they have kept the replacement seats, rather than refitting the grey leather trimmed Testarossa ones the Sultan had.

Hopefully its just a wrap. The F40 does look amazing in yellow though as an alternative to red.

Acacg likes this.
  20. Camelot

Camelot Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2013
    down South
  21. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

If done to a car already repainted I agree to a point. If done to a car with original paint it would be criminal in my opinion.

Taking artistic license with a pooch is one thing, I have done it myself. But to an all original car is a tragedy.

22. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie