488 - /Huracan | FerrariChat

488 /Huracan

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by BLKBLK, Oct 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BLKBLK

BLKBLK Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2011
    gabf1, Thecadster, SAT4RE and 6 others like this.
  2. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Jeez, the Huracan sits so much lower than the 488. I’d love to get one, but at 6’ and with long legs, the Lambo is just too uncomfortable.

Great choice in cars, I’m also a big RWD fan......

3. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Nice spec Grigio Lynx with Verde accents. Great pair of cars you got there. Love my 580-2 as well. Came from a 458 Spider.

4. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Awesome looking pair

5. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    your thoughts on comparisons? i have a 458 and am looking at hurcan. would love to hear your thoughts.

6. BLKBLK

BLKBLK Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2011
    I like to say a Huracan (especially rwd) is a mixture of 458 & 488. Huracans with race exhaust are bonkers. It's so loud at WOT. It has most of those modern techs like 488s while still retaining N/A engine. It's faster than 458's and that linear power delivery is second to none. Transmission is just as good as the double clutch in my 488. I think the rear breaks more easily on Huracan than in 458/488 (get Michelin PS!). The design is subjective. I'm more partial to 458/488 design (both inside and out). I had the car for about 3 years and never had any reliability issues (so did my old LP Gallardo). They're very solid cars.

Just to add, one of the most enjoyable driving experience in a Huracan is that automatic down shifting when driving in sport mode. It's so fun! I'm sure other Huracan owners can vouch for this.

wthensler likes this.
  7. Big A

Big A Karting

Jan 21, 2015
    Australia
    Thought I would chime in since I have owned a 458 for 4 years now and added a HP a few months ago. Having only done 700km in the HP to date , I have to say I am very happy with the car.
    458 feels lighter and more nimble. Being rear wheel it’s more jittery but in a good way. And even though the HP engine is phenomenal, the 458’s explosive throttle response is something I am yet to experience in any other car. Still think the 458 at full song has a better quality sound. Another thing I noticed in everyday driving is the gear changes in the 458 using paddles has more jolt than in the HP. That’s a positive in my eyes. I like a little kick when changing gears.

HP feels much more stable and glued to the ground than the 458. Much harder to see out of the car as well. It’s loud. Like really loud compared to the 458. And that’s at any speed. HP gearbox is just as good as the 458 if not better. Can’t really pick them apart. Well I can’t anyway. A little smoother in changing gears with less jolt but when you downshift the HP blips the revs up a lot higher than the 458 making it more entertaining.

The HP puts on more of a show than the 458. It’s louder, rowdier and I find demands a lot more attention. And this is a red 458 versus a black HP.

That’s my take on the two.

3POINT8 and wthensler like this.
  8. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Lambo are not for tall people with back problems.

wthensler likes this.
  9. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    wow this sounds like the hurcan is my dream car...

10. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    and this is the hurcan perfermonte correct?

11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Perf spyder was a riot. Noisier than you can imagine.
    458 better authentic note but nowhere near as loud.
    perf is planted. But also just a touch of artificial feel and sound.
    Both epic.

12. Big A

Big A Karting

Jan 21, 2015
    Australia
    Yes it’s the performante

13. HighWire

HighWire Rookie

Aug 8, 2016
    In sound? It's a NA V10 with a track focused exhaust... I don't understand... There's nothing artifical about it at all.

14. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    You will understand once you live with it.

15. BLKBLK

BLKBLK Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2011
    I completely understand. There's alot of pops & gurgles. Even scares me sometimes at WOT.

dustman likes this.
  16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I have lived with it for 18 months. I hear a sonorous engine note that has gravitas and authority that to my ears has nothing artificial about it. In strada mode, the sound is much more subdued but once the car goes into sport and corsa, one begins to revel in the mellifluous symphony that erupts. The downshifts especially arouse the senses with bursts of roars and gurgles. All combine to elevate the visceral excitement of the driving experience and enhance the sensation of speed and tactile connection to the car.

pninja005 likes this.