F8 Spec questions | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 Spec questions

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by red308, Oct 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The expensive ti option is tips only - it's ridiculous. A namebrand aftermarket muffler for a sportscar without the Ferrari tax is usually a lot more than 2631 usd. As an example, a set of Armytrix ti tips is around 800 usd and a muffler is about 7 grand.

They serve no purpose and are there for a purely cosmetic reason.

red308 likes this.
  2. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Well there you have it, definitely not worth it!

3. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Don't get the heat insulated windscreen if you want to use a window mount RD because they cannot operate through those kinds of windscreens. I have a Max360 that will not work on my RR which has them but works fine on the cars without them. In addition, the insulated windscreen is way more expensive to replace. The last one on the RR was $1400.

red308 likes this.
  4. red308

red308 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    Pleasanton CA
    I don't understand this option. Why would you want it?
    Bonnet upper insert black matt $1266

Coincid likes this.
  5. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    It does not look good in my view, not sure what the purpose of it is.

Coincid and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The purpose is to get money from the customer ;)
    Apparently all Pista and all factory F8 have this configuration.

7. red308

red308 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    Pleasanton CA
    Yes, that is what I have seen from the pictures available online.

If you don't order it, there will be seam between it and the hood, just like every other body panel seam, right?

Interesting how they phase it in the Personalization Guide -

BONNET UPPER INSERT To emphasize the sporty nature of the Ferrari F8 Tributo the bonnet upper insert can be painted in matt black by selecting the code COLL without any price surcharge. If COLL is not selected the bonnet insert will come standard in body color. Please be informed you will find this option preselected in your POS car configurator, but you will need to select it in MODIS. Bonnet upper insert painted in matt black (Modis Code COLL)

8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    "Without any price surcharge" is completely not true as far as France is concerned - similar trick as the "free of charge" carbon PPAC for the Pista which was around EUR 27K (and mandatory to make things worse...)

CChung likes this.
  9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

I figured out the reason. Both the Pista and F8 have it because of the S-Duct. Its there to even the air flow over the winscreen. Look at the angel next time then imagine it not there and floow the bonnet on either car.

Jcmd and Shadowfax like this.
  10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

My take on this is if your going full carbon front , s-duct i would have it same colour as car. If you are going standard black I would have this part black

red308 likes this.
  11. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
  12. red308

red308 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    Pleasanton CA
    Is there a Ferrari corporate resource that helps with your spec? For example, if I like certain color combination of leathers and thread, and I can only compare the materials at the dealership, it poses a pretty big risk if I can't fully visualize the finished spec. I would expect that Ferrari has seen pretty much everything. Otherwise I am left with only the opinion of my sales associate that may or may not have a great level of experience let along his/her preferences.

13. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You can do tailor made but it gets pricey.

My suggestion- don’t go nuts on color combos. You want something timeless and something that won’t age quickly.

MANDALAY likes this.
  14. red308

red308 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    Pleasanton CA
    I hear ya but when I look at the used 458, 488, Speciale, Pista market, Red/Black, Red/Tan are by far the most common and would gather from your statement the most timeless.

I had some friends over the other night and told them I was thinking about buying a Ferrari and liked red. They said ho geeze we see those all the time, what about a different color. So hence my question.

The next most common colors I found used were black, white, and silver/gray. Most common I found black interiors, tan/cuoio, etc. You probably already know this. So why not mix it up a bit but at least bounce the idea off of someone who has seen 100's of combinations.

I was hoping to find someone more akin to Porsche Exclusive where you can easily email them a config and they can advise, all free of charge.

15. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So I agree with you and was not inferring to not get a different color than red for exterior and black or beige for interior.

What I meant was don’t do black interior with white stitching and a red dash and a yellow seat belt and a blue headliner. Just too much going on.

Blue exterior with a scurro blue interior would look great.

Black car with white interior would look great.

Experiment eith colors but don’t go nuts on the accent colors. Less is more.

red308 likes this.
  16. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Your dealer will enter your selections into their configurator, which is a step up from the online version. They have the fabric swatches, stitch options, etc for you to see. The configurator will not precisely represent the appearance. Even with TM, this is a limitation. In that case, you are actually benefiting from an experienced design team to help guide your preferences and gently steer you away from potentially ill-advised selections (although some TM examples demonstrate that, despite this, the client is always right. ahem). If your dealer is experienced, they can provide some guidance.
    You can inquire about an atelier appointment, if the extra spend and delay is not a concern to you. Based on postings here, TM may not be an option without a longer buying history as the factory is limiting accessibility compared to prior.
    I suggest you go though the model-specific picture threads, especially 488, and save the images of cars ext/int that you particularly like. You'll get a sense of your preferences which will help you guide your selection. If its an f-chat member's car, they can provide you with details of the build.
    Keep it less complex, as Socal suggests, and you'll be more likely to be pleased with your configuration.
    Have fun with the process. Its a great candy shop to indulge in.

SoCal to az, red308 and perrinnation like this.
  17. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I went with Titanium.....my build comes to 365.000 U.S....why cry at a few thousand over a sport exhaust at that price. Money is fungible at these prices. We all know there are many marketing tricks in the accessories.

Tom Bohannon likes this.
  18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It's not so much what it is in the grand scheme of things, and yes, there are some options that are priced in a way that makes one just want to punch a wall when you look at what it is. I think what gets me is the fact that Ferrari calls it a "Titanium Sport Exhaust" which definitely is supposed to make the uninitiated think it's a titanium exhaust system. For me the issue is mostly with the fact that I feel that with the ti tips, they are really taking the piss with the customers, walking a really thin line of honesty. If they called the option Ti Exhaust Tips, I would be a lot less opposed I suppose. I have the same issue with their Apple Car Play which is a dirt cheap option to implement, or the CF cupholder in some models which is a cheap piece of plastic just wrapped with CF laminate.

Petrolhead#32 likes this.