812 VS Rumors | Page 37 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I suspect its not eliminating GPF that’s the prerogative but just tuning the sound ? Maybe cant be done I don’t know.

My Pista Spider is at dealers, cant wait, still unsure whether it’s got GPF or not ? Heard so much conflicting.

2. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Interestingly, EVO magazine’s recent review of the F8 comes to the conclusion that it sounds better than the 488 from the driver’s seat due to the “hot tube” which is designed to enhance sound in the cabin.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. nycbrose

nycbrose Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    Just curious. US owners. Would you pay $30-40K for Ferrari dealer to remove GPF once delivered stateside? I know I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BaronM69 and ferrarifanatic25 like this.
  4. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    I think you have a point. I live next to a nice country lane where the locals love to street race in the middle of the night. My neighbors and I obviously don’t appreciate high revving motorcycles and loud supercars. This is unfortunately due to the immaturity and self-centeredness of the owners. There are many who own supercars and bikes that are respectful and thoughtful of where and how they use their toys. Unfortunate fact of a loud few who ruin it for the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    So much conjecture about GPF. Has anyone actually heard an 812 with one yet (and I don’t mean those silly rev-match videos that are NOT in the slightest representative of what a car sounds like on the road under load)?

GPF affects the exhaust and the best engine sounds come from the engine itself. Cars with sexy exhausts are usually apologising for lack of the real sound of metal bits hitting each other. Better to wait and judge the real sound rather than theoretical sound. Also, whether we agree with GPF on Ferraris or not it is a make-believe world where the burden of emissions should fall on smaller mass-market vehicles and not on much larger-engined cars owned by wealthy people. The facts about total fleet emissions are irrelevant - Ferrari buyers are the last people the rest of the world think should be trying to get out of their individual responsibility. This will be a small price to pay for the privilege of buying, owning and driving these cars in a tailpipe-emissions obsessed world. None of us will change anything by quoting logic in the face of perception.

6. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    #906 ferrarifanatic25, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Totally agree in the regard that the straight piped aventadors and 812’s terrorizing the streets of London/Beverly Hills are extremely obnoxious and unfortunately make the rest of the responsible supercar owners look bad.

But many cities have passed ordinances that don’t allow this nonsense. I believe London specifically has passed a law that does not allow revving? I think that this is sufficient.

I don’t believe the government should be able to tell you what level of decibel is responsible and what is not. Where do we draw the line? Are rock concerts going to be outlawed next? Will you get kicked out of futbol games for cheering too loud?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Respectfully disagree. Sound regulations are peak noise. An array of microphones is not necessary for peak noise. To me it looks like they are recording the full quality of sound. The baffles also questioned here look of no consequence and appear thrown together to look important - a cheap diversion tactic. I do believe they are doing what they said and that is engineering a GPF that retains most of the Ferrari sound quality that buyers, owners and OEMs recognize is so important going forward especially in a VS.

8. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I really hope Ferrari doesn’t put AEB in the 812 VS or any other future models, ftm. GM just recalled 638,000 trucks & SUV’s for unintended braking.

I believe Ferrari still licenses GM’s magnetorheological damper technology. I strongly suspect the ADAS tech will be licensed from an outside party, too. These driver’s “aids” are a very bad idea, in general, and even more so in any Ferrari.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-gm-recall-idUSKBN1XA1YG

ferrarifanatic25 and ajr550 like this.
  9. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS), including Auto Emergency Braking (AEB) => the automotive equivalent to Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS) flight control system, responsible for deaths in Boeing 737 debacle.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/10/18/boeing-737-max-faa-outraged-over-test-pilot-mcas/4024504002/

Drivers of vehicles, and pilots of aircraft, should be allowed 100% control over their transport vessel. If they lack ability to properly control said vessel, then they should not be granted legal authority to operate it.

10. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Front radar with ACC
    ADAS Full package
    Black radar and blind spot dection.
    These are all options on the GTS not standard. :)

deltona, KarlA69, Bundy and 1 other person like this.
  11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    worry not, ZERO Pistas will have GPF, absolutely none of them, even those built in CY2020, due to end-of-series regulations, Ferrari has seen the future and they are making it work as best a possible

LVP488, Bundy and Caeruleus11 like this.
  13. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Any more 812 VS Rumors?

back to business here guys ;-)

Nelsonc275 likes this.
  14. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Yep dealer said today no GPF.

15. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    For 2020 812 orders in US, ADAS with FCAM is a required option. I've confirmed this with three different dealers. Additionally, all three dealers confirmed ADAS is not defeatable, but unlike other manufacturer's systems, it does not actively brake for you. If you don't brake at all, the car won't brake. What it will do is pre-fill the brakes and if you are braking and it senses that you are not giving it enough brake pressure to avoid a forward collision, it will then brake harder to make sure you stop in time.

KenU likes this.
  16. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    What's to worry? Soon enough the cars will take over nearly all the driving and you'll wish it just had ADAS and FCAM. It will be interesting to see if buyers breathing a sign of relief that their car is currently immune will actually keep the car, depreciation and all, and not trade for the latest within a few years or sooner. History shows very few do.

deltona likes this.
  17. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Is there a thread for 812 VS rumors?

dhari, ajr550, Andrew97 and 5 others like this.
  18. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    When do we think 812 VS will be launched, what’s spec and price point.

Do you think allocations will he made before GTS delivered ?

19. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    good question - not sure when GTS deliveries will start.

20. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Normally I would have said Sep 2020 but if the current rampant pace of model introduction is anything to go by I wouldn't be surprised to see it before Geneva 2020. I would expect them to continue to test the upper boundties of pricing......+20% 'ish' over GTS (again using 'extremely limited production' marketing to justify the price bump). Modest power gains but aggressive styling with significant body changes.........(thinking 488 to Pista mods with less emphasis on power and more on visuals)......??

21. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    May be reading too much into it but ferr9000 refers to F152 MVS as being a favourite internally along with new V6 Little Brother (see that thread).
    I assume that is the 812VS.
    Sounds promising.I think this car is going to be epic !!!

22. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Do you think ordering a GTS will be enough to qualify?

23. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    In the absence of anything else I think that is unlikely unfortunately. I think it depends how limited the run actually is. If it is a real limited run F12tdf style, first refusal will go to the top tier of customer and then it will work it’s way down the food chain. A gts buyer can expect to be about 4 tiers down.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I cant imagine putting even more power through a rear wheel drive front end format, I am just not a good enough driver for that !

25. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts

Me neither.812 scares the hell out of me but that is part of the appeal !!