NBA 2019-20 Season | FerrariChat

NBA 2019-20 Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, Oct 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Should be interesting year. My team, nets, got off to mega aggravating start losing in ot to twolves. Kyrie had amazing game but hero ball failed on last possession. I got actual chills seeing kd walk out as a net. So cool. And walked without a limp too. Cant wait.

My predictions clipps take title over 76ers. Lakers biggest disappointment. Kwai mvp. Zion a bust. And im always wrong so dont take my advice to bookie website!

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Your prediction is hard to argue against. Zion already have knee surgery and will be out up to 2 months...

My prediction: my Orlando Magic will continue to be crap. Orlando Tragic...

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I don't follow the NBA except for sports talk radio/tv. I understand LeBron sucked it up and apparently Kawhi was talking ****. Which I love. And it's great Lebrons become a bigger vilan.

4. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Lebron is on the back side of career and will become irrelevant for 2nd straight yr as ad has his typical injury woes. Lakers was a ridiculous choice for him.
    And what happened to celtics? They were poised to start another dynasty 2 yrs ago and now look like run of mill. With gsw decimated, this is kost wide open season I can remember.

BMW.SauberF1Team and TexasF355F1 like this.
  5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    After only 1 game? Tough crowd :D

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  6. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    haha but I don't think lakers put together the right pieces for LeBron. its was like the plan was to just get LeBron and that's it. he needs spot up shooters to spread the floor and they give him rondo. makes no sense.

7. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Rondo and Kuzma didn't even play. Hate the Lakers as much as anyone but I'll wait until they play with a full/healthy roster before making such dramatic claims.

Houston may be a bigger disappointment although as a fan of Russ and Harden I hope they find a way to coexist and thrive together.

Wouldn't write off Zion yet. Reassess at All-Star break although he does seem injury prone so far.

Like the 76ers with the addition of Horford, they made the Celts look second rate.

8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    ugliest hair award by unanimous decision - russel westbrook. omg. makes dlo look good. houston looks like fun team to watch btw. i dont think bucks have what it takes to repeat last season success.

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Wow, Steph Curry broke his left hand. They are having a tough time with injuries since last playoffs...

10. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Embiid needs big suspension to set him straight.

11. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I think Lebron locked that down the other day. ;)

12. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    what happened to leb? his plugs fall out? any pics?

13. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Bingo.

Aren't he and Hamilton friends? He really needs his doctor.

14. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I knew a guy who had plugs done in the 90's and about a week after surgery he woke up with a major scalp bleed that needed icu with transfusion. not sure if its like that now but not the trivial surgery youd think

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  15. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    should be 2000/1 considering they lost equivalent ruth, damagio, mantle

16. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ouch

17. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    anyone w thoughts on 'load management'? kawaii sits out vs bucks last night. 2nd time hes out this season to rest. I don't like it but cannot see any way to stop it

18. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    It certainly seems Celtics and Lakers are the best teams in their respective conferences. The Lakers have grown tremendously with the signing of Anthony Davis, and Kemba Walker is playing some serious basketball. The Celtics sure seem better without Irving, even though I feel losing Al Horford was a mistake.

The Dallas Mavericks are a question mark, but with the pairing of Porzingis and Doncic, they’re certainly one of the most entertaining teams to watch.

I feel the Nets and Pelicans are seriously underachieving. They’re much better in theory than their present record reflects. I also predict the 76ers and Rockets will do well, and the Bucks too even though they were ridiculous this summer on the market. Failed to add any significant talent to help Giannis help them.

And the Warriors... Jesus! They never had a good bench nor a decent post even in their dominant years. After losing Durant in the summer, Curry and Thompson to injuries, trading Iguodala and retiring Livingston, not much could be expected of them realistically, but still... They’re the worst team in the league!!! Didn’t see that one coming.

As far as my beloved Bulls go... Same old story: no leadership, an amateur for a GM, crappy coach and laughable (to put it very mildly) trading this summer. Accordingly, I’m bracing myself for another pointless season, with tanking starting shortly after the All-Star break.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

95spiderman likes this.
  19. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    yeah so far I was totally wrong thinking LeBron and lakers were headed down. they are a great pairing.
    unfortunately, celtics and my nets are tied to hip again. nets were ruined by pierce and kg trade. now, kyrie leaves celts who go on to bigger and better while he brings nets down. not sure what it is about kyrie. hes terrific talent that seems to make teammates worse. maybe he makes them nervous? not sure but he is definitely a weird guy

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  20. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Don’t beat yourself over the Lakers: I also didn’t expect them to do this well, this early. I thought if they achieved the Playoffs this year, that would be a victory in itself. It seems though if they keep the current pace and exhibitional level, they’re contenders to reach the NBA Finals imvho, provided management keeps players’ egos under control.

Kyrie is one of the best guards in the league. To some, he’s the best guard in the league, period. I also find it puzzling/troubling that teams he’s in, tends to underachieve. And good teams at it: last year’s Celtics and this year’s Nets are very competitive teams. My guess is that he isn’t much of a team player, he’s a bit of a primadonna and may suffer from the superstar complex. That can take a toll on team morale and cohesion, which reflects on the team’s overall performance. Just my two cents, because Kyrie is indeed an extremely talented player and it’s a paradox that teams for which he plays for, end up underachieving one way or the other, sooner or later.

If you guys get fed up with him in Brooklyn, send him down to my Bulls! :D

Kind regards,

Nuno.

21. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    I don't think the Lakers have played any good teams yet. The only title contender they played beat them (without Paul George). No Houston yet, no Boston, 76ers....etc. I think it's fools gold at this point, not that they're awful, I just don't think they have been tested yet. Plus they have some pretty favorable calls when games are close. Some of these teams they beat they should have beat by 20 or 30, but haven't.

As far as Kawhi "load management" there's rumors that he's arthritic. So it's completely legitimate what he's doing and it's all about the playoffs with him, he'll be ready when called upon when it really matters.

22. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Don’t underestimate the Rockets. They have the best team chemistry thus far because they have played with the same group of guys for so long. Lakers and Clippers have talent , but it will be a race to develop chemistry in time for the playoffs.

23. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    And this is why bkln will not be winning team. Kyrie is just too much a weirdo. He skips boston trip due to injury but fans there boo him all game. How does he handle it from afar? Of course, writes some kind of manifesto on soc media. He is not focused on what it takes to win. He needed to stay w lebron, leaving clev was big mistake for him, celts, and nets

24. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    How the mighty have fallen! It's hard to believe that a team that might have been 19-4 at this point in the season a few years ago is now 4-19! When each man on the court represents 20% of your offense and defense at any given time, it doesn't take many lost personnel to sent you from the top to the bottom.