458 - What to pay for 2015 458 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 What to pay for 2015 458

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by slvr993, Oct 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I used to live in your area. You’ve got some great roads in Chester Co., including Rt. 100, one of my favourite Porsche roads. There are plenty of great spiders around, if I still lived in PA, I’d probably go that route. Good luck with your search, folks on this forum are really helpful.

2. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
  3. jomarti1

jomarti1 Karting

Feb 27, 2017
    S. Florida
    I started looking for a Spyder....after testing both, I went for the Italia. Don't regret it one second. Best choice!!!!

Avia11, Melvok, Caeruleus11 and 2 others like this.
  4. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I have the Cayenne also for daily, I had a continental GT, its a great car but totally different to the 991. The GT is a great cruiser and feels ultra luxurious, be warned though when you get the back to far out and it goes you really feel the 2.5 ton weight otherwise it just wraps around you like a well fitted glove. If you haven't had one definitely get one, it's a great experience, also if something breaks or you want to upgrade it you can take a spanner to it and everything comes off and goes back on, when you take it apart you really appreciate the quality of it, underneath you see all the components are built to last and a real pleasure to tinker with! I won't swap the 991 for one as I can't take the Bentley to the sites but I can the 991, its just seems to blend into the scenery better and people take less notice. Totally different cars but both great to own for sure
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  5. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    It's not great coverage for £2.5k+ per year considering what other manufacturers cover, it is basically an engine and gearbox plus roof on a spider warranty. Yes it lists a load of stuff but lots of the stuff can be put down to wear and tear. Don't get me wrong I'm taking it but, don't think it covers loads like a Porsche extended warranty coz it doesn't!

6. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    You won’t look at the engine? Really? I open my engine cover on my 458 at every show and the engine IS the biggest topic of conversation. If you don’t think the engine is beautiful then get a Lambo <g>. I think the lines on the coupe are 100% better than the Spider...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Counterpoint: the 458 spider is considerably less stiff than the Italia, they even use less stiff springs to compensate. If you are sensitive to cowl shake and body stiffness, you should skip the spider. I also love seeing the engine under the cover. The rigid nature of the Italia is something you feel every time you drive the car, and every time you get out you will see that magnificent engine. Surely a work of art worth celebrating!

I am not really in the market for a 458 these days so I dont know for sure, but, for a lower mileage, right spec, late model year, 200k doesn't strike me as crazy as an asking price.

No matter which model you decide upon, you are going to love the 458.

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    if you can get it for 185 to 190 with 2 year warranty i think ur doing fine

9. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    That's not really the point. You don't look at it when you drive. I don't go to shows, but even if I did. That would be the 5% of times. Gotta optimize life for the 95% :)

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

10. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    TX for the input buddy! My problem is that I only have room for two cars in the garage, but many on the front but don't want to put these cars outdoors (snow, burglars etc). But will think about it

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

11. slvr993

slvr993 Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    West Chester PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thanks again guys - the fever is strong now. I'm on the hunt and just killed a couple hours searching the dealer inventories of every Ferrari Dealer in the US. I'm still leaning toward the Italia but would consider the Spider. The limiting factor is I'd really like a color that starts with Grigio...and I think I prefer 2014 / 2015.

Here we go.....

of2worlds and jomarti1 like this.
  12. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Love the spider but every time I walked up to the car I would long to see that clear view of the engine bay....and the glass mods I’ve seen for the spider just don’t do it for me.

13. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Have to say I love looking at the engine under glass - loved my F430 and love my 458! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

14. slvr993

slvr993 Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    West Chester PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    How many prior owners is too many? I'm looking at a car now with 5 prior owners, 2015 Italia - 13,000 miles, still under warranty ( for about 2 more months ). IS the number of prior owners a concern assuming a pip goes smoothly? Car stickered for $238K. I'm thinking $180k-$185k ( Private owner)

Thoughts ?/.

15. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    No it not a problem unless you are looking at a very low mileage garage queen single owner car, if its just a medium or higher mileage purchase its all good especially if you plan to keep the car

16. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Actually there is a slippery slope for the concept of how much is the right amount for a Ferrari.

If you find a perfect spec that you would have specced the same way yourself and you regret when it is purchased by someone else, then the amount is always the right amount, regardless if it's 20 or 30k more.

Ferraris are made to order. There are chances that two cars are made exactly the same, but higher chances that there are not.

It's hard to put a price tag to the feeling of "gotta have it" and "staring at the car after you park"

When you hear the engine, you will forget about the extra 20k you pay for this toy. Trust us.

Avia11, Clay512TR and Caeruleus11 like this.
  17. Viper830tt

Viper830tt Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 10, 2017
    Toybarn? I used to drive past them everyday to work. They are great!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

18. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    If you like TDF blue spider take a look at my listing. Best priced spider out there for sure!

thx
    Blair

19. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Absolutely amazing to see that engine ….

I've made LED lights there and show that to friends in the evening …

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  20. slvr993

slvr993 Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    West Chester PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    OK guys - looking at a nicely optioned 2015 458 Italia ( Carbon package, carbon race seats ,no front lift , shields, sport exhaust yada yada ) But it's got 14,000 miles, its off warranty in a few months. I'm not concerned about the mileage in terms of reliability but in terms of value. Most cars I see are sub 10K miles. I'm not trying to steal it but I would like to buy the next car "right". Whats the number - $175 K ?( Private Party)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Seems about right.
    Harder to sell when you put even more miles on as there are always those 2-5k mile cars. But, buy spec and condition and maintenance and drive the F off of it.

22. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Looks like a really nice car, but the light colored Alcantara seats terrify me.

As someone who is also searching for the right 458, that’s the number I come to as well.

23. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    As someone who just went through this 175K for a 2015 Italia is on the low side. I ended up getting a spider, but well-equipped 458 coupes with 13-15k miles were going for 190-200. I ended up getting a lower mileage, fully loaded spider and that pushed the number significantly higher but I think 185-190 would be a fair price. What "warranty" are you referring to? The 7 year maintenance coverage should last until 2022 and the original factory warranty expired in 2018 unless the first owner purchased the bumper to bumper full factory warranty extension. Once that expires, if the car has passed the PPI you can get new power for ~4500 for 2 years.

Clay512TR likes this.
  24. slvr993

slvr993 Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    West Chester PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    dsevo - Agreed on the Alcantara. I think its not the one for me.

Avia - I'm seeing dealerships at those numbers (190-200) for sure. My thought / hope was a private party may different. The warranty was a purchased extension. The hunt continues.

25. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    I have mentioned it before on here but I think it is an interesting phenomenon. There are 458 coupes and spiders that have not moved either in terms of price or days listed that are lower on the miles... but when a super well spec'd higher mile 458 coupe or spider comes in it sells fast. I lost 2 coupes and a few spiders when I was looking. Idk if mileage is less of a consideration when looking at a better build or if it's because the majority of 458s have been driven... interesting trend... Did you get the 458 with 14k miles?