lack sf90 interest? | FerrariChat

lack sf90 interest?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by 95spiderman, Oct 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I don't get it. Ferrari announces a regular production model with 1000hp, an available track package, next gen electronics, etc yet there doesn't seem to be any buzz around it at all. this is one of the slowest sub forums on the site. cars like Valkyrie, amg 1, etc get tons of chatter yet theyre only limited production. is it because of its looks? bad ferrari marketing? what gives?

ZF123, Shadowfax and Ohanoune like this.
  2. chouch

chouch Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2008
    Hard to create a lasting buzz when you present a new car every other month maybe ?

Also, it's hard to get excited by a regular production car that will not enter production at least until 2021.
    I'm not even sure Ferrari started delivering the F8 coupe, let alone the recently introduced F8 Spider and the most likely introduced soon "Track focused" F8 variants before the production line can start pumping out the SF90.

Love the SF90 tho, but I think the chatting will only start when the 1st deliveries will be around the corner, which is at best a year away, if not two.

Kabbs, x z8, Oengus and 1 other person like this.
  3. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    but look at c8 roll out. frenzy lasted almost 2 yrs. and laf had people going crazy over it from beginning.

4. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Once driving reviews emerge, (who knows when that will be) I suspect the buzz will be more pronounced - good, bad or indifferent...

Napoli and Igor Ound like this.
  5. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    SPF90 is not a good looking car.

6. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Car will be on the road sooner than 21. I expect my car within less than 10 months from now.

Manda racing, KenU and of2worlds like this.
  7. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Ferrari is releasing too much product and people are getting kinda saturated. There actually was a fair amount of chatter in the BB thread prior to release. The car that did not even get a thread till after it was released was the F8 spider. In my 10+ years on this board that was a first!

Redflash, 09Scuderia and GuyIncognito like this.
  8. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    #8 Ohanoune, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Because it looks ugly like no other car I have ever seen (even normal sedan cars like Toyota etc.., they look better !!)

The car is a joke in terms of its exterior design, I was thinking it's only the photos, but when I saw it for the first time in flesh, I got shocked, it's even worth , unartistic, a complete mess, ugly by all means, the type of design that makes u want to turn your eyes away of it immediately.
    * Forget to mention it has the most disgusting rear-end EVER.

9. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    But how do you really feel about its looks? Lol

10. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    The buzz for mid engine Corvette has been going on for decades...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

polishhammer83 likes this.
  11. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Seems unlikely - my sense is there might be a handful of European customer cars before September 2020 but only if there are no more delays - 2021 seems more realistic for full production

12. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Ash Patel, Senad, stavura and 5 others like this.
  13. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    It's 1/10th the price and half the horsepower, just another GM cookie cutter car.

Dicecal likes this.
  14. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    Life is too short, i want to see as many as possible new ferrari models while i'm alive and with good health.

Isobeing, Napoli, tres55 and 9 others like this.
  15. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    it looks quite amazing when you are near it. Very cool car. Also the touch buttons did not disturb me. The only thing I was missing is the big red start button and the analog rev.

stavura and perrinnation like this.
  16. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    #16 KenU, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    Order placed, already on My Ferrari: "Ordered, Date of Order 18 Oct 2019, Waiting List". Was told late '20 early '21:)

stavura, Thecadster and LVP488 like this.
  17. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    I have a feeling this will be one of those cars that will induce a change of opinion once we start seeing them on the streets. I remember the 458 was rather polarizing when released, but that quickly changed once people started seeing them on the roads. Personally, I love the SF90 and the rear end has grown on me exponentially.

The lack of activity in this sub thread is due to the lack of recent news. There are just a bunch of pictures of the same cars going around and that’s about it. Nothing of real substance since the release so there’s not as much to talk about. The BB thread was one of the most active on this forum before release. I expect the same to occur once reviews and deliveries start coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    I think we are just in a moment of nothing to talk about.

1. The ppl who want the sf90 already make up their minds to get it. Don’t care what everyone says.

2. The ppl who are on the fence, potential buyers, they are waiting for more reviews, demo cars, etc. basically need more info and some time to decide if they want it or not.

3. The nay sayers, already expressed why they wouldn’t want one.

I think as time goes by, when the demo cars start hitting dealerships and youtubers, we gonna see more actions.

laferrari is not a good comparison to the SF90. Laferrari was never reachable to the massive. No one would hate the Laf. The ones could afford it would go for it. The ones couldn’t just couldn’t. Very straightforward situation.
    The SF90 is sitting at the excellent price point to the target buyers. Ppl can F8, Pista, 812, etc all can also afford it and be able to get it but the SF90 performance and technology are so beyond anything in its way. That creates lots of drama amount the community.

The sales on the SF90 will not fail. I see 0 chance of failure unless the product is not well finished. Let’s wait and see.

Dane100, Ash Patel, x z8 and 9 others like this.
  19. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    Lots of my friends were potential buyers, and when they saw it in real life they suddenly decided that they don't need 1.

I guess the main problem with the SF90 is its ugly exterior and nothing else, I think its performance and technology are really beyond anything BUT its look destroyed the whole pleasure:), So most of Ferrari lovers will be waiting for its successor and NOT this 1.

20. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Anecdotal opinions of friends does not mean it actually is ugly and undesirable. The constant barrage of how ugly it is just gets weary.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

21. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    He’s certainly a determined young fellow isn’t he, John? ;)

22. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Fairly certain I saw a red SF90 leaving Ferrari of Austin a couple weeks ago. I followed it for a bit but couldn’t get close enough for a pic. Is this possible? Are there pre-production examples out already?

Sent from my iPod touch using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    i smell mr.Ohanoune, you are a liar...

stavura and fil like this.
  24. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There's been a red prototype going around dealers for months eg somewhere here are photos of it at HROwen London in July

25. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Mahmud, you’re being too hard on him. Don’t you have “lots of friends” interested in buying the SF90? ;):D