Looking for 348 / 355 ABS Teves Pump | FerrariChat

Looking for 348 / 355 ABS Teves Pump

Discussion in '348/355' started by yelcab, Oct 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Desperately seeking an ABS pump for an early Teves brake system (Not a later Bosch system).

Surely one of you have one laying around that is good. I would consider a good pump body (without a running motor). Leads welcome and appreciated.

Before you suggested the rebuilder outfits... The one in SoCal did subpar works and the pump leaks, and the outfit in Pennsylvania is incompetent and dishonest; they actually broke my pump and returned it to be as un-rebuildable and charged $100 for bench fee and testing.

2. QSA

QSA Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    Kingwood, TX
    Full Name:
    Quinn
    Curious, was that SoCal shop Power Brake Service/SPEED ? What was the one in PA?

Are you looking for a pump only or whole assembly?

3. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    The SoCal place is NOT Power Brake Service. That shop did a good job on my GT4 brake booster.

I am looking for the whole assembly, motor and hydraulic body. But, I know where to get a good motor so if there is a good hydraulic body, I'll take that.

4. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    You can look for Jaguar XJ40 or Range Rover ABS pumps on Ebay (plenty). I know that the Jaguar pump works/has the same pressure (on & off) settings as the 348 one and the Range Rover's is probably the same. Just examine the pictures carefully to make sure you can use them.

5. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    What about one for a 1993 Jaguar XJ6. It even looks like the same mounting structure. The sensor has the same wiring connector but it is blue instead of green? There is one on ebay under "1993 Jaguar XJ6 XJ12 ABS Brake Pump Booster"

6. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Ford Thunderbird also if I recall, I forget details I think it was 1989-1992 Thunderbird SC but quick google search should lead to details there is information in TB forums such as other cross ref models and what not as well. Best of luck!

7. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #9 johnk..., Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019

Attached Files:

8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #10 johnk..., Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    The MK II system was used on lots of American cars back in the late 80s and early 90s. Then updated to the Mk 20 system.

9. QSA

QSA Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    Kingwood, TX
    Full Name:
    Quinn
  10. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I bought one for a Jag XJ6. I will update this thread as to the fit and function, There are plenty of them on ebay for a tenth of the used Ferrari ones. If it works, this would be the end to the price gouging of Ferrari teves pump.

QSA likes this.
  11. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    The RHD Jaguar brake Master/ABS is also identical to the 348's except that the pushrod is different. It is shorter on the Jag MC but it can probably be extended (the fork easily unscrews from the pushrod).

12. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I am running the jag unit on mine. You will need to get a new line made with the correct fitting to go into the jag pump, I think it was around $10-$20 at a local hydraulic shop. I also made a bracket to flip the pump the other direction to get the accumulator to lay over correctly, its on the opposite side on the jag unit. I am very happy with it though. and if it ever takes a **** can replace it with another for $200

It actually fits better now than the original one that was in it, the cover panel barely closed and rubbed on the accumulator before. Now I have tons of room.

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Wade, Qavion and QSA like this.
  13. QSA

QSA Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    Kingwood, TX
    Full Name:
    Quinn
    Are you using the Jag accumulator as well?

14. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Yes, I used the entire unit as I got it. Plugs are the same too, so no issue there plugging it in.

15. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    The one that is coming will have a blue sensor instead of a green sensor. Did you have to replace the sensor ? How did you and where did you get the new line made up? That is just a different banjo fitting and a new bolt?

16. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    If this works, I am going to buy three of these pumps for future stash. it is not going to be more plentiful than now.

17. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    The different colors on the pressure switches doesn't matter. They are the same connectors and should work just fine. The unit pictured also came with one with a blue plastic area. I had tried a range rover unit to use for the electric motor, and sourced a factory Ferrari unit that was seized to try and get it working, so I had some spare parts around from my attempts. In the end I should of just gone with the jag unit from the get go, and I just screwed in the pressure switch from unit I removed from my car. I had the line made at Pertex I believe, but any hydraulic shop in your area should be able to do it. just take the line off the car and bring it in with unit and tell them what you want to do.

18. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
  19. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    For the Bay Area, with 3 major airports, and strong car culture, I have had a really ****ty time trying to find a hydraulic shop worth anything. It's either we don't have the fittings, or we don't have the right hose, or we just can't do that.

20. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
  21. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
  22. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    ahhh dang. I spelled that wrong, its Pirtek. There is one in San Leandro, and one in SF. I see you're in San Carlos, not super close but not terribly far either.
    The bolt through the banjo into the brake unit is what is larger on the jaguar pump, so you need a line made with the larger banjo into the pump and the same fitting to the ferrari hard line.