F12 and SCUD | FerrariChat

F12 and SCUD

Discussion in '360/430' started by bart12, Oct 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I am seriously thinking of adding a V12 ferrari.

Wanted a 575 but I think i would want a modern car.

Any one has both a f430/scud and a F12 and can you share your experience?

Love the sound and looks of an F12 and pricing has gone down to reality.

2. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #2 freshmeat, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Is it under 200K yet? FFs are also amazing V12 value right now for under 150k!

3. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I see one listed a low as 200’s with less than 10k miles on it.

I guess an FF with be another good choice. I havent seen one in person.

I looked at a GTC4 listed for 240 and I could see buying one when it gets to less than 200.

4. TheCook

TheCook Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2015
    Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I have an F430 and a 612. Combination of a V8 and V12 is fantastic. I considered trading for an F12 recently but having four seats in the 612 makes it a keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manda racing likes this.
  5. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I have the scud and FF. Both great cars (so truly blessed and fortunate to have 2 f-cars). I got the FF because of my daughter who is 3.5 years old. With a baby, I couldn’t drive the scud. The FF was perfect to have the fcar experience with my family. Plus everyone needs to have a v12 once in their lifetime. And these will be dinosaurs. Plus the FF prices ridiculous for the amount of car and performance you get (same price as a M5. How crazy is that?). Now the FF is a semi daily and the scud NEVER gets driven (sadly).

As a “daily” type of car, the FF does everything the scuderia does, in comfort. Just as fast from stop light to stop light, and freeway on ramps are just as fun. FF noise is simply awesome (pipes are permanently open), though the stock scud sound is pretty good as well (luckily my neighbor is a car guy).

I honestly haven’t taken the FF onto any twistys or mountain roads (yet), but obviously that’s where the differences will be more pronounced.

At this point in my life (with a young toddler) - the FF is perfect. But the scud is so special to drive. Everyone calls it “raw” and that’s so true. Great driving experience, without the sound insulation you hear every pebble, and the single clutch provides a satisfying kick when you shift.

I’ve not driven the F12, but I would imagine it’s in between a scud and FF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    if price and maintenance are not an issue, ---> scud
    otherwise, f430 with novitec exhaust :p