Finally tested F8 on a track! | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Finally tested F8 on a track!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Hendry2019, Oct 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I think the equation is fair and sensible enough. However, it might be improved by indexing with just how meaningful the sum of money is to the individual. For some, the price walk between Pista and F8 is couch cushion money, for others, it represents a princely sum. An equation that doesn’t treat the inherent meaningfulness of a given sum of money probably falls just a little short of capturing the full essence.

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Whatever floats one's boat...

3. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Has anyone investigated after market exhaust options for the F8 to improve sound? Either modifications to the rear boxes or GPF-delete options....?

I read that it was not possible due to GPF (something about the ECU being tuned for the back pressure of the GPF device?), but I note there are aftermarket exhausts for other brands with GPF (e.g BMW M2)....

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    This was heavily debated a few pages back.

5. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    What is your deal?

You come on here and act all high and mighty because you “don’t have an ego.” You claim that people who assign value to exclusivity only care about their egos. You claim that if you care what your car sounds like from the outside that, once again, you care too much what others think and have some massive ego problem.

I’ve got news for you. This is a FERRARI forum. 99% of the people on here care what others think of their cars and we all have egos. And guess what? That’s perfectly OK.

Why do you have to bounce around from thread to thread acting like some saint who is better than the rest of us? There is no right or wrong way to be a car enthusiast so stop acting like there is.

You realize that there are numerous members on this forum who own TDFs, LAFs, GTOs, 16Ms, Enzos, F50s, F40s etc... Then you make comments that people who care about “how many were made” have all wasted their money because how many were made has nothing to do with the driving experience. Clearly they’re just a bunch of egotistical lunatics... not true enthusiasts like yourself?

I assume you own F-cars yourself? If so, then you don’t get to call people out for being “posers.” You realize that the 99.9% of the general public that don’t own Ferraris think exactly the same thing about you?

We come on this forum to celebrate the crazy sounds that these cars produce. Sounds that send a shiver up your back. We come on here to celebrate the exclusivity that is inherent in Ferrari ownership. I don’t understand why you must constantly remind everyone that you are somehow better than the rest of us because you don’t care about these things?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Realzeus has every right to express his opinion without personal attack. I enjoy reading differing points of view and engaging in divergent discourse of ideas. You can make claims ( i.e. 99% of the people on here care...) which are devoid of any factual evidence but who really cares. It is your point of view which others can reject, concur or ignore. Lets not fall victim to being so easily offended. This forum exists to discuss extravagant toys for adult boys. Have fun.

willcrook, gzachary and REALZEUS like this.
  7. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    You are absolutely right and I apologize for getting a little too excited there. I jumped at post made by REALZUS but my point has much broader implications. I also made some completely unfounded claims that cannot be supported through evidence.

I’m just tired of being told that there is a right or wrong way to be a Ferrari enthusiast. There isn’t. Everyone is welcome value different aspects of these cars differently. I just don’t appreciate the condescending tone that some members assume when talking about these points.

Please carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Bingo, never understood the hyperfocus on value/depreciation, even as we allegedly enter a new era of depreciation for Ferraris. Strictly just my opinion but I've found I get the most enjoyment out of cars when I realized and decided I can either afford the car or I can't. Then I went after the cars I could afford, and my only concern from then on was increasing mileage on the cars and finding the next opportunity to go for a drive

FWIW to my surprise I found a Pista *with 0 options* at my dealer sold and waiting for its owner. No shields, literally nothing on the maroney under options. It was empty. No outside carbon, no carbon engine bay surround, no radio, no nothing. Couldn't believe it, some F8s will likely eclipse that car in price after options. Would love to get my hands on that down the road and just flog the car, considering I've seen some Pistas costing almost 200k more!

Shadowfax likes this.
  9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Apology accepted. Also, by saying "whatever floats one's boat", I thought I made it clear that all views are acceptable, not the opposite. ;)

10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    There are a plethora of motives endemic to super car ownership in general and Ferrari in particular. Some indulge because of their fascination with high performance cars and the entire ownership experience. Others are enthralled by the visceral sensation derived from driving these magnificent works of rolling art. While a group of owners desire the perceived status and prestige these cars ostensibly bestow upon them with little interest in actually using them for their original purpose - namely, driving. Whatever the rationale, so long as these cars bring pleasure to their owners, they fulfill their raison d’ etre.

REALZEUS likes this.
  11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It is too common + I wouldn't buy the first version of that car. I can only imagine the issues they will have.

12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    #287 REALZEUS, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Always a pleasure reading your posts! Truly eloquent, one might even say masterful, with a pinch of an uncertain, je ne sais quoi, mystique.

Coincid and MANDALAY like this.
  13. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Ferraris are rare around here. Even though l know there are some garaged around here somewhere, l may see a half dozen on the road during the year. My guess is people just don’t drive them daily like l do. So any Fcar here is unique. Contrast that to Porsche where you see several every day.

Things may be much different in Southern California for Ferrari spotting....the state has the most Fcars.

jim g likes this.
  14. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Amazing indeed: " the state has the most Fcars. "

Are people afraid what others may think ? Or afraid for theft ?

15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.

16. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I was told that very few Fcars are stolen. Too easy to spot.

17. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    You two are like a cute gay couple, love it :p:D

Shadowfax, Gh21631 and Jo Sta7 like this.
  18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Not gay but not that there is anything wrong with it.

19. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    I don’t care was just making a joke because you both are lovely. Regarding gay people, they are amazing, super professional, kind, good and overall better humans than most straight people (gay people don’t start or make wars). I wish there were more of them (and more women for me is a great plus eheh)!

Shadowfax and Ash Patel like this.
  20. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I took your post as a joke. My comment would be familiar to those who watched the Seinfeld TV show.

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Actually lots of truth to this.

Shadowfax likes this.
  22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    No. I believe it's a consequence of a condition recently referred to as Ferrari depreciation anxiety.

It would appear the more you use a Ferrari the less it becomes worth along with being harder to shift against all the others with less mileage offered for sale.

Then there is the practicality issue where even though you can daily it you can't park it anywhere out of sight for very long which means limited places you can take it other than social driving type events.

23. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    Always remember this line from Seinfeld Show when the reporter thinks Jerry and George are gays
    Sweet old days

Coincid likes this.
  24. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
  25. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk