FORMULA 1 EMIRATES UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▀▄▀▄ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 7 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 EMIRATES UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▀▄▀▄ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Nov 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, when Audi left, they weren´t winning anymore. Actually I suppose they quit because they realized that to win again they´d need to spend more and with the dieselgate coming probably it was not a good idea.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

LOL

3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    The "British excellence" exists because some Germans threw ridiculous ammounts of euro to build it, so now its German excellence.

The last "reallly British" excellence was British Leyland. Do the math. :D

4. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Good of you to admit it.
    The rest is just nonsense: there is no "plot" to fix the championship.

5. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    My dear Sir.... Mercedes HAVE BEEN sandbagging the **** out of the entire season; WAAAAYYYY before the French GP debacle. :)

Isobel and TurboFreak650 like this.
  6. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

But what is wrong with sandbagging ?
    It just gives the opposition some false confidence.
    The race gives the final verdict.

lorenzobandini and Jakuzzi like this.
  7. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Quite correct Williams. It is just bothersome and frustrating that people still hold out for a different outcome, when it has already been pre-determined.
    As I have always said in previous seasons, starting in 2015...…. MB/LH44 [in that order] will be the champions every year until the end of the current regulation's era. :(

Calling it NOW [As I have done in the past seasons]...... LH44 will be World Champion NEXT year. MB and the FIA wi............ you know the rest! ;)

Isobel likes this.
  8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It's simply up to the others (Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren) to challenge Mercedes and do a better job.
    I would like a change too, but I can't see no better organisation at the moment.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  9. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    #159 TurboFreak650, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    As it turns out, today I picked up a new issue of Motorsport that has an excellent extended article/test drive of the almighty Porsche 917/30 TurboPanzer. And the Fall weather on the way to the bookstore was perfection. So today was not a total waste for me after all. :cool:

That car/team were banned from Can-Am altogether after total dominance of the 1973 season, where the rest of the cars were effectively in a lower class. Unfortunately, I don't see any axe over the head of Mercedes, so someone is going to have to step up to the plate and beat them if F1 is to remain relevant. :oops:

10. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Sorry about your birthday.

Wait, what am I apologizing for??! :rolleyes:

Anyway, lousy birthday Binotto. Hoping for a better 2020.

11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Sounds like when Renault/Alonso stepped up to beat Ferrari to end the boredom of Schumi winning all the time

william likes this.
  12. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I still think that was orchestrated behind the scenes and I understand why----non-Schui/Ferrari fans were bored stiff. I don't blame them if they did indeed make that happen, even if some might find it distasteful. In the end, a big league sport is driven by money, and no one wants to see the same guy win almost everything for 10 years in a row.

13. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Mercedes has a huge political power. By political power I mean pics of Jean Todt with nazi hookers.

In the past when someone won 2 or 3 years in a row they reshuffled the rules because that's terrible for the business. In the "Mercedes era" they had to change many things because the tv ratings are dropping like rocks but still they hadn't done anything aimed specifically at Mercedes.

No problem: when be beat them they'll have no excuses.

Jakuzzi and TurboFreak650 like this.
  14. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Mosely had no viable excuses when he was ....errr, exposed. :oops:

Terra likes this.
  15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    True Tifosi will tell you Merc can't come close to having the amount political power Ferrari has, Ferrari is oldest team in F1, most successful, most storied etc

Terra and william like this.
  16. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Ferrari was the big fish during the last golden age, but times have changed....

william likes this.
  17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, interesting you mention that as an example.
    The opposition cried foul when Roger Penske brought the 917/30 at the CanAm and started winning.
    They were accused of "dominating", mostly by Team McLaren who had dominated the 4 or 5 previous years!!!
    You can look back at the stats, McLaren had won every year until Porsche arrived, and sold plenty of cars too.

It's the same in F1. Ferrari won 5 titles on the trot, and then Red Bull 4 without a sweat, but since Mercedes entered as a team, it's "unfair".
    All you hear is that the tech rules were dictated by MB, the FIA was bought by MB, the stewards are on MB's payroll, their titles are worthless, etc ...

Terra, Adrian Thompson and ktu like this.
  18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

If I remember it correctly, Alonso won 2 titles thanks to Renault having a better grip on tyre management than Ferrari.
    Also, after "dominating" for a few years, Ferrari was caught off guard on the technical side.

19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, Ferrari is the only team to have a veto.
    What about that for political power ?

Terra, F430 F1 Singapore and ktu like this.
  20. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    There's a little bit of hypocrisy in this comment, unless I read it wrong. To be fair, I recall us (Ferrari that is) taking victory from one of our drivers from time to time, and handing it to our other driver - and on one occasion, didn't "winner" to try to reverse it on the podium.

Credit where credit is due. We may not like it, but the way to fix it is to come up with a stronger driver/team/management/strategy/reliability. Fans, loving or hating, can only help so much - the rest is in the hands of Ferrari.

F430 F1 Singapore and william like this.
  21. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Seriously... what is the point of watching the rest of the season? Ferrari gave up this season at least 2 races ago. Merc and Hamilton have the title. Why would you watch a Mercedes exhibition?

Jakuzzi likes this.
  22. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    I still do not understand why they did not put a new Spec 3 engine instead of the Spec 2 in Leclerc's car.
    Surely the high power of the Spec 3 would have allowed him to make the Pole, therefore he would have started in the 11 position,only 6 positions further back than today, having a much more powerful engine for the race and with the advantage of going to Brazil and Abu Dhabi with a new engine.
    Unless the Spec 3 really is out of rules then it was not convenient to use a new one

23. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    MISSION LOSENOW

Kiwi Nick likes this.
  24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #174 Ferrari 308 GTB, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    Good race by Porridge, let's see if his strong finish runs through to 2020.

Mercedes just have the best team ,and some pretty decent drivers too.

Like the way Red Bull seem to be improving,Ferrari need to up their game just to be second best.

Meanwhile Lewis finds time to knock out a number with Christina Aguilera,love or hate him he is a winner.

william likes this.
  25. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I don't plan to. My garage and basement will have to be totally purged and organized first, which will cover the rest of the F1 season, so oh well....

Jakuzzi likes this.