Elton is becoming the new Alonso...in terms of BS i mean ! | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Elton is becoming the new Alonso...in terms of BS i mean !

Discussion in 'F1' started by furoni, Oct 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Btw I'm still waiting for your outraged intervention in the Vettel bashing threads :D
    Just joking of course, nothing here is dramatically important.

daytona355 likes this.
  2. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Amazing to me how so many here can spend their time and energy and oxygen pissing on Hamilton. It isn't making Ferrari faster or Mercedes slower or changing the way the world rotates. And Hamilton could care less. I realize the season is down to the last "mean nothing" races and Mercedes will win again. But I would expect F1 fans to at least be more interested in other topics such as McLaren's slow climb back, or Alban's performance and can he challenge Max, or will Ocon do to Ricardo what he did to Perez, or would the racing be any worse if we dropped the slowest four cars from the grid and raced with 16? But getting all worked up over Hamilton? If you like him you like and if you don't you don't and it means nothing and won't change his stats, so move on.

Mbutner, kandi, ATBNM3 and 4 others like this.
  3. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Over 33 post! Are you secretly in love with Hamilton or just obsessed? Either way seek help...

Mbutner, Terra and Mark(study) like this.
  4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The only true great driver of the last 30 years.. enjoy, eat your heart out liberty.... this was when F1 was a real sport, with real battles, great driving, and excitement. No one except Elton fans enjoys f1 these days, and as for making the sport bigger in the US? ********, Pete Singoff was in Vegas this weekend, and he and his buddy were the ONLY people watching the F1 on the TVs, and there’s us being fed the crap that Mercedes need Elton because he attracts a big audience in the US..... most haven’t heard of the tool..

anyhow, enjoy a real champion at work, and a real F1 car and engine package...

http://youtu.be/XMPivFLZL3g

SimCity3, fil, Igor Ound and 2 others like this.
  5. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
  6. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

+1

The hybrid era has been a bit of a snoozefest at the front.
    2016 was the obvious exception, and post-Paul Ricard this year.
    Ferrari found a bit more power but Mercedes remains the car to have over race distance.

What 2020 needs is better performance from McLaren and Red Bull - and better strategy from Ferrari.

Otherwise viewers will continue to switch off.

stavura, Jeronimo GTO and daytona355 like this.
  7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I think you may be secretly in love with me. I’m glad you seem to like my posts enough to want to repeat them.... by the way though mate, in case you didn’t know, I’m not interested, I like girls, okay? Hope you aren’t too let down

stavura, furoni and Nortonious like this.
  8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Oh, and for the avoidance of doubt..., Elton is a complete and utter ****... if you want to worship him, you carry on, I don’t have too, and neither does any other tifosi who frequents FerrariChat..... yeah, that’s right FERRARI chat. Surprised lots of us don’t worship the enemy of our favourite team? I’m not

9. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    After not getting his way over a recent report he filed, daytona355 promised to take action into his own hands by breaking rules, and then immediately set out to troll the moderators. Therefore, his F1 forum access is currently revoked.

All the best,
    Andrew.

10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Where is he Trolling you guys? can't see anything, was his post deleted?

fil likes this.
  11. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I deleted it.

All the best,
    Andrew.

12. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    To (not too). I thought you spoke the Queen's English?

13. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Just to confirm with the mods, it's okay to make these sorts of comments??

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I’ll say this: I spoke to Sid offline and he is a nice guy and I saw him help members get money back on scam they were a victim of.
    I’ll also say that he is a die hard Ferrari fan and that him and some other member have at times a visceral hate for certain drivers.
    I been banned at times and IMO Andrew is one of the most fair moderator that, unlike some other , gives u fair warning and a proper explanation before he pulls the trigger which is awesome...
    so I would think in that case ban was explained and warned before it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    No, however I think it was born of long-term frustration over daytona355's toxic tone and incessant trolling over the last several years to weaponize the reporting system. I decided to stop mitigating the symptoms of Sid-related disruption and excise the cause of the disease.

I would not recommend such commentary directed towards any remaining member of the F1 forum moving forward.

All the best,
    Andrew.

william, ATBNM3 and BOKE like this.
  16. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    As Andrew said, it is not OK to say that. Andrew initially gave ATBNM3 a pass on the specific instance, citing it as an "understandable" response to Daytona355's excessive postings against Hamilton.

However, after ongoing review by the moderators and a specific review of ATBNM3's moderation history, it is quite clear that ATBNM3 takes frequent opportunities to troll Daytona355. He has several site bans and thread bans for engaging with Daytona355 regarding Hamilton and so was just as much on notice regarding his posting behavior as was Daytona355.

F1 forum ban for ATBNM3 for the above post. No expiration date at this time.

fil, sammysaber and NeuroBeaker like this.
  17. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Not to break up the entertaining forum drama, but could someone please explain the LH hate to me?

I don't get it. Yes, he drives for the enemy, he's cocky, etc. But he's an F1 driver. It would be odd if he wasn't. What's with the (seemingly) genuine hatred for the man?

18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

This has been debated many times on this forum, if you care to search some old threads.
    I can't speak for those who despise him, of course, but I think he is not liked because he comes across as "different", and not in the mould of previous F1 champions.
    Hamilton's persona rattles some people, maybe from a more mainstream social environment.
    He comes from a different background and had a different journey to F1 than most other drivers.
    He has what some consider an outrageous lifestyle outside F1, goes clubbing with the jet set, gets involved with music, likes fashion, makes the headlines in magazines, etc...
    Hamilton spoke his mind about issues outside F1, that irritated his detractors perhaps.
    Well, generally speaking he doesn't fit with the portrait of what a multi-WDC should look like, probably.

Mbutner likes this.
  19. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I've searched but usually get tired of sifting through threads like this where I never really get down to brass tacks.

william likes this.
  20. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Hambone never won an championship with an inferior car at an underfunded team.

21. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

So ...

Mark(study) likes this.
  22. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Ham has won without the best car in 2008, Neither Senna or Schumi won a championship in a average team, Schumi came to Bennetton when they were top 3rd team, Bennetton also won races before Schumi came. When he went to Ferrari they were also a top team at the time.

william likes this.
  23. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Love your answer... "So"

I would have said the same thing with a lot more words- "“Luck Is What Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity" This quote, attributed to Roman philosopher Seneca, reminds us that we make our own luck."

william likes this.
  24. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    No Ferrari drive had won the WDC since 1979 and Schui joined in 1996.

25. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Ferrari was not a top team when MS joined. Hamilton came into a Championship winning team. Ferrari was a dog in 1996 and MS won 6 times, plus almost lapped the field in the rain the same year. I have not seen Hamilton do anything extraordinary in a car like Senna or MS have done. MS finished on the podium in his Bennetton stuck in 5th gear or won by 4 pit stops running every lap like qualifying. Don't get me wrong, Hamilton is a great driver but I would not put him as an all time great. The cars today pretty much drive themselves. Would he be top 5, possibly.

fil likes this.